Another unarmed black teenager shot in Florida

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:04 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

So, you are saying stupid people should not have guns? Tough to argue against that. Fortunately, not all gun owners are stupid like your examples.

I am sure that for every example you can give there are 50 people that have a gun that have never had cause to use it and were not stupid enough to abuse it.

My guess is that there are a lot more than just 50 for every 1, Mc G. In fact, my guess is that the vast majority of people who tote guns and who store them in their houses NEVER use them in self-defense. My guess is that a HUGE majority of the people who tote guns and who store them in their houses NEVER use them in self-defense.

BUT WE CAN EXPECT THAT about a thousand people will be killed in accidental shootings this year…and perhaps 75,000 people will be accidentally shot (non-fatally) this year by the geniuses who own these guns.

Yup, those same guns that are doing damn near nothing to deter criminals will account for more shootings than will be done by the "criminals" they are supposed to be guarding against!

Can you truly not see how absurd that is?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:06 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I seriously doubt the risk of that happening is "zero" in any household, Bill. Try to stay focused.

I do not care what you believe as my family and my wife family have guns in households going back a number of generations that we know of and not one person were harm in any way by having those weapons unless you count my father feeling being hurt when my mother would out shoot him.

So then why have them???
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, that is poor logic. Homes with bears in them are also more likely to have random bear attacks then homes without them...duh.

Most gun owners are responsible and keep their guns locked away. Your irrational fear, and I do believe it to be irrational, of being shot by a law abiding gun owner is something you may want to see a shrink about.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:11 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank, that is poor logic.

Actually, the logic is impeccable. You just do not like where the logic leads.

Quote:
Homes with bears in them are also more likely to have random bear attacks then homes without them...duh.

Yeah...which is why most people with brains do not keep bears as pets.

Now...try to extrapolate some thoughts about keeping guns around while considering that.

Quote:
Most gun owners are responsible and keep their guns locked away.

Then why in hell are there 75,000 accidental shootings every year. Is it a mirage?

Quote:
Your irrational fear, and I do believe it to be irrational, of being shot by a law abiding gun owner is something you may want to see a shrink about.

No need for a shrink. I've never personally known anyone who has had a family member shot by a criminal...but I have personally known three individuals who have had family members shot accidentally by guns owned by "law abiding, responsible citizens."

My guess is that I am not unusual in that.
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
So then why have them???

So you think people have guns to hurt family members and if you do not hurt a family members with them there is no reason to own them??????...LOL

That is amusing the way you phase that question and a hint at how crazy your thinking happen to be beside

Sorry but going shooting is a sport that many people enjoy, I had have family members that enjoy hunting if not me or my wife, and of course as a tool of self defense if needed as a fire extinguisher is a tool in case of fire.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:14 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
So then why have them???

So you think people have guns to hurt family members and if you do not hurt a family members with them there is no reason to own them??????...LOL

That is amusing the way you phase that question and a hint at how crazy your thinking happen to be beside

Sorry but going shooting is a sport that many people enjoy, I had have family members that enjoy hunting if not me or my wife, and of course as a tool of self defense if needed as a fire extinguisher is a tool in case of fire.

Yeah. You and your wife carry guns because you enjoy the sport of shooting guns.

Do you actually think before you post?
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Quote:
Homes with bears in them are also more likely to have random bear attacks then homes without them...duh.

Now...try to extrapolate some thoughts about keeping guns around while considering that.

Quote:

Then why in hell are there 75,000 accidental shootings every year. Is it a mirage?

Quote:
Your irrational fear, and I do believe it to be irrational, of being shot by a law abiding gun owner is something you may want to see a shrink about.

No need for a shrink. I've never personally known anyone who has had a family member shot by a criminal...but I have personally known three individuals who have had family members shot accidentally by guns owned by "law abiding, responsible citizens."

No, they are not "responsible" at all if they are shooting themselves. They are idiots that had an armed weapon pointing anywhere else besides down range. Idiots shoot themselves. Responsible gun owners do not.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:15 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, they are not "responsible" at all if they are shooting themselves. They are idiots that had an armed weapon pointing anywhere else besides down range. Idiots shoot themselves. Responsible gun owners do not.

Well...since they do not wear signs telling me which they are...I guess it is not unreasonable to fear anyone toting a gun.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yeah. You and your wife carry guns because you enjoy the sport of shooting guns.

We both enjoy shooting and would have guns with or without a cc licenses to carry them in fact we did have guns long before we have cc licenses.

Oh by the way if you are unlucky enough to have a wife or a husband living you that wished to killed you you have real problems with or without guns in the household.

There is no way to protected yourself in such a situation other then to leave.

In gun free England a doctor group of emergency rooms doctors wish the outlawing of large kitchen knives for example.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 10:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
In gun free England a doctor group of emergency rooms doctors wish the outlawing of large kitchen knives for example.

Still coming out with that old chestnut you chimp. It was pointed out to you long ago that an small bunch of doctors from an obscure hospital would have absolutely no bearing on policy, yet you still keep trotting it out like a fact.

You really are a complete moron, you have to make up evidence now.

BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Still coming out with that old chestnut you chimp. It was pointed out to you long ago that an small bunch of doctors from an obscure hospital would have absolutely no bearing on policy, yet you still keep trotting it out like a fact.

Got lot and I mean a lot of press coverage in every major news outlet in your gun free nation at the time of the suggestion.

An all that press coverage that I saw treated both the group of emergency rooms doctors and the idea of banning large knives with a great deal of respect.

Would you care for me to post some of the articles that cover the idea in your major newspapers?
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 10:37 am
@izzythepush,
Oh this is a nation that is such a nanny state that your government are putting in child internet filtering on every computer in the nation and to get it off you need to tell the government that is what you desire to do and prove your age to them.

Bet when someone run for office the fact that he or she have the child filter removed will leaked out and be use again him or her.

Howabout a bet that this will start happening within the next few years Izz or less?

A once great people and nation reduced to a nanny state how sad for you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 10:47 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

We both enjoy shooting and would have guns with or without a cc licenses to carry them in fact we did have guns long before we have cc licenses.

Oh by the way if you are unlucky enough to have a wife or a husband living you that wished to killed you you have real problems with or without guns in the household.

There is no way to protected yourself in such a situation other then to leave.

More guns equals more shootings.

I am not worried about protecting myself...not from criminals or from the people who think guns are an important part of life.

I leave that to the paranoid part of the population.
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 10:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

An less knifing most likely as it not the tools that matter it the desire to killed or do harm to another that matter.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:14 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

An less knifing most likely as it not the tools that matter it the desire to killed or do harm to another that matter.

The people who say it is useless to try to reason with you otherwise decent people on this particular issue,..are correct.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Tell us again Frank how increased gun laws are working out for Chicago? Gun laws make us safer?
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Going back the the Travvon/Zimmerman matter I can not stop wondering if instead of a gun Zimmerman had used a combat knife to gut Trayvon it would had gotten the same coverage as him using a gun on Trayvon.

The anti gun crowd would have kept out of it at least and Al Sharpton not seeing as must press might not had drum up such pressure to have Zimmerman charge.

Footnote in Florida carrying large knives are cover under the CC license.
carlosc2dbz

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 11:55 am
@glitterbag,
A small percentage of people ar victims of home invasion, and it is because there is a chance that someone might try to harm you, that the law rightfully exists to allow people to have weapons and defend themselves and their families (not just in the home). If the criminal has a weapon and you dont inside your house, there is nothing you can do. Hope you are always safe.
revelette

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:07 pm
I don't think anyone denies that people use other weapons in homicides, however studies show that homicides involving guns are way higher than homicides involving other weapons. It is just a statistical fact. One good thing, it seems that homicides in general have declined.

Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008

(On about page 26-27 is where it lists what weapons were used in homicides.)

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:10 pm
@carlosc2dbz,
It not just in a home as I had already posted whole areas can be without a functioning police department or other emergency services for long periods ranging from weeks to months.

An that had occur a numbers of times during the last decades in the US alone.