Another unarmed black teenager shot in Florida

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 07:57 pm
@firefly,
It doesn't change the fact that it is the type of case that Max was wondering about. Between the two cases it is more likely that the Rodrick case would be murder since there wasn't an altercation with the teen. He simply charged the man and was shot. Do you think he should go to jail for murder? A jury declared him not guilty as well. Justified?
firefly

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:08 pm
@Baldimo,
The case you cited shows you don't need SYG laws.

The people of New York State are perfectly able to defend themselves without SYG laws.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 10:18 pm
firefly says:
Quote:
That's not Stand Your Ground--New York State has no SYG law.

It just goes to show, you don't need a SYG law to defend yourself.

New York is also a relatively sane state, not a claim I would care to make for any state that begins with F.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 04:01 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Wrong.
A "responsible gun owner" would never have fired into a car full of unarmed people, no matter what the provocation was.

I find it interesting that all of you are so quick to point out what you think "responsible gun owners" would do, even though you know you are wrong.

This case is simply a case of murder, nothing more.

The lawyer for this guy said that, Mysteryman. The lawyer for this guy said that was exactly what a "responsible weapon owner" would do.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 04:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
And if one of those teens had a weapon and fired back and killed the guy...there would be a bunch of black teens in jail right now awaiting trial.

Fact is, the idiotic law actually encourages such a scenario.

The guy claims he felt threatened...and fired into the car. If the kids also had weapons...they could claim they felt threatened and fire back. And by-standers could claim they felt threatened by all the shooting and joined in.

The laws...and all these people "totin' shootin' ahrns"...is an absurdity in a supposed civilized society.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 07:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
You purposefully going over the top Frank. There are far more weapons in peoples hands that don't get used then do.

I am pretty sure even the most obnoxious NRA gun supporter don't think crazy people should have guns. 99% would probably convict the fellow in the OP given the evidence presented in the article.

If you read the news, you see people using weapons every day and killing each other. That still doesn't mean we need to be sniveling quim and change all the laws that the anti gun nuts don't like...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 09:07 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You purposefully going over the top Frank. There are far more weapons in peoples hands that don't get used then do.

I am pretty sure even the most obnoxious NRA gun supporter don't think crazy people should have guns. 99% would probably convict the fellow in the OP given the evidence presented in the article.

If you read the news, you see people using weapons every day and killing each other. That still doesn't mean we need to be sniveling quim and change all the laws that the anti gun nuts don't like...

No "over the top" at all, McGentrix.

And I am not advocating becoming "sniveling quim and change all the laws that the anti gun nuts don't like."

I merely pointed out that if one of those teens had a weapon and fired back and killed the guy...there would be a bunch of black teens in jail right now awaiting trial.

I merely pointed out that the idiotic SYG law actually encourages such a scenario.

I merely pointed out that if the kids also had weapons...they could claim they felt threatened and fire back. And by-standers could claim they felt threatened by all the shooting and joined in.

And I merely pointed out that the laws...and all these people "totin' shootin' ahrns"...is an absurdity in a supposed civilized society.

Thanks for the chance to mention it all again.
Baldimo

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 01:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The problem is Frank with the laws on the books, there has never been a scenario in which you describe. All states have carry conceal laws now (IL is now trying to join the rest of the nation in this but once again the anti-gunners are doing all they can to prevent this from happening.) and no such thing has taken place. You watch too many movies if you think such things happen. Even in cases where someone with a gun has stopped a crime in progress, it hasn't happened. No wild west type shootouts have taken place and none are likely to happen.

Your perception of gun owners is flawed, it consists of nothing but wishful thinking and fear mongering.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The problem is Frank with the laws on the books, there has never been a scenario in which you describe. All states have carry conceal laws now (IL is now trying to join the rest of the nation in this but once again the anti-gunners are doing all they can to prevent this from happening.) and no such thing has taken place. You watch too many movies if you think such things happen. Even in cases where someone with a gun has stopped a crime in progress, it hasn't happened. No wild west type shootouts have taken place and none are likely to happen.

Is there a better chance of an OK Corral kind of shoot out if lots and lots of people carry concealed weapons...or if it were an unusual thing?

HINT: The chances are much greater if lots of people have guns available.

You are right, thought that so far, no wild west shootouts have taken place.

Before August 6th, 1945...no nuclear weapons had ever been dropped in war on planet Earth.

Quote:
Your perception of gun owners is flawed, it consists of nothing but wishful thinking and fear mongering.

Well, it consists of more than that, but you are determined to see what you want to see...so...see it.

Baldimo, you and the others here are encouraging Americans to sink to a lesser place.
Baldimo

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 02:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your narrative on gun use still doesn't match the facts. Your slippery slope argument doesn't work. Like I said fear mongering.

Nuclear bomb's vs guns? Pfft!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 03:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Your narrative on gun use still doesn't match the facts. Your slippery slope argument doesn't work. Like I said fear mongering.

Nuclear bomb's vs guns? Pfft!

Oh, I think it works, Baldimo. In fact, your reaction to it is confirmation of sorts.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
You mean me refuting your "logic" with facts? How is that working out in your favor or prove your point.
BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:24 am
@maxdancona,
Well off hand you seems to had found a case where trying the man seems to be justify and not a case of simple self defense that the news media had falsely turn into s racist murder.

Other then the skin color of the teenagers what the hell does those teens have to do with a case of a teen that jump a man and did his very best to harm that man or killed him?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There doesn't seem to be a difference between the two, does there.

Of course not it is the same thing having teenagers still in a car and a teenager on top of a man trying to beat his brain out!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:30 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Anyone with half a brain could have predicted this and many more if they dont get rid of this stupid stand your ground law.

I am sure this nut case was thinking of the stand your ground law before he fired and once more the results of repealing the law will be a lot more black men in prison then white men by percents of the population.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In the good old days, black people never sassed back to whites at all. This is the one good reason there is for these Stand Your Ground laws.

Well it was a young white woman who got out of her car when I bumped it with a shopping cart on the parking lot of Home Depot and then threaten to killed me and in fact follow me home and killed me not a black of any age.

My suggestion is that we teach every one old, young, black. white and brown, men and women not to issue death threats to strangers when they become annoyed.

Lord, I remember thinking that she was damn lucky to had issues such threats to me and not someone who would had been unstable enough to had harm her or even killed her and hoping that she would get the chance to grow out of behaving in such a manner before she would run into the wrong person.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:41 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Do black people not count as US citizens?

Sadly one in three of black males in Florida thank to the Florida justice system have no civil rights such as voting or having a firearm.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:45 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You mean me refuting your "logic" with facts? How is that working out in your favor or prove your point.

If you want to pretend that you "refuted" what I said with facts...have a ball. I will enjoy the laugh the notion engenders for me.
BillRM

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And if one of those teens had a weapon and fired back and killed the guy...there would be a bunch of black teens in jail right now awaiting trial.

If they had indeed first issue a death threat with a firearm in the car?

It would be an interesting case that for sure as you normally lose the right of self defense if you had broken the law first such as the issuing of a death threat.

Oh I got a nine minutes repeat nine whole minutes ban from another post on this thread.

Have Robert lost his mind increasing the times between posts to nine minutes if you go over some limit in allowable postings to a thread?

Seem the time was must shorter not that long ago.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 01:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You were telling a fictitious story that has never taken place. What facts did you provide?