Earth to Msolga. Do you copy? Over!

Builder

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 02:59 am
Missing your indepth analyses and your tireless research skills.

Hoping you're able to read this message, and respond.

Keeping it short, in case you're on an orbit of Nubiru, trying to save the Earth or something just as important.

This is Builder, over and out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 18 • Views: 13,827 • Replies: 234

dalehileman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:06 pm
@Builder,
салоны
Угловые салоны. amigo. amigo_mini. bern. bolzano ...
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:33 pm
@dalehileman,
Klaatu Barada Nikto
dalehileman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:44 pm
@djjd62,

Thanks Dj, Nikto my hero

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=3&gs_mss=Msolga&pq=www.msolga.com&cp=19&gs_id=h&xhr=t&q=Klaatu+Barada+Nikto&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Klaatu+Barada+Nikto&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=4a90639cb3325b0c&bpcl=38626820&biw=1546&bih=692
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 01:11 pm
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQA3qMwOsUwlOCpNv8tF6AHE0FAsI-upNi6h472JUEwwKhT7YUew

Joe(Go, Helen, go!)Nation
farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:34 am
@Joe Nation,
I miss msolga, She seemed to have bcome a target for several members who like to become nasty at times.
I liked the ay she researched her stuff and was a constnt reader of the Oz thread and the whaling thread.

Seems that A2K ers have to march in single file and drink only strawberry Koolaid.

djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Seems that A2K ers have to march in single file and drink only strawberry Koolaid.

i prefer to spin in circles and drink grape koolaid if it's all the same
farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:50 am
@djjd62,
Theres a lot of "piling on" that occurs often for really no good reasons. When a poit is made and people dont agree, it shouldnt automatically be escalated . Some posters need to just mellow and enjoy the give and take
JPB

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 05:52 am
@farmerman,
I don't know that she's become a target any more than Foxfire was targeted. Political opposites, they have a similar style. Foxfire, too, left A2K after a particularly embittered exchange. I had very few interactions with MsO and the ones I had were always pleasant. I wish her well and hope that she decides to return. I imagine there are people who wish Foxy would return, if only to continue their diatribe against her.

My message to MsOlga is this -- there are many avenues of being true to yourself. If being here is a net negative in your life then you've made the right decision in stepping back. As you can see, there are many here who embrace you and miss you. Very few decisions in life are permanent. Stepping back from A2K certainly doesn't have to be one of them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:18 am
I have long considered olga a friend. I hope to see her post again.
djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:19 am
@edgarblythe,
ditto
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:20 am
She got into a particularly nasty fight with Robert of all people. One of her last posts addressed it.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 10:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I miss msolga, She seemed to have bcome a target for several members who like to become nasty at times.
I liked the ay she researched her stuff and was a constnt reader of the Oz thread and the whaling thread.

A number of people here have become targets at times. It's unfortunate and even more unfortunate that she was the one that got hit. She's always been pleasant in my interchanges with her and I've considered her one of the brighter spots on the Interwebs. Hopefully, she is taking only a little time off and will return. If she doesn't, well then, that's our loss but I'm glad I was at least around here during her involvement on the site.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:43 pm
@Builder,
I miss her and hope she'll return.
Builder

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:53 pm
@firefly,
I do too, firefly.

It's not the same place without her for sure.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 07:11 pm
I understand (I think) both RG and MsOlga.

Olga, come back.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 07:28 pm
Olga! Kur tu esi pazudusi?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 02:14 am
Msolga was in no way offensive, but she was difficult to debate in the sense that she operated on a frequency that was far afield from most members. I described it once as like wading through mud. An exchange with her was always bound to be bizzare and frustrating which is probably why (assuming it is true) she ran afoul of Robert.

I never doubted the sincerity of her positions, but clearly neither did she, and she had the unnerving tendency to argue that if she was sincere about a certain issue any opposition could not be...and this assumes she could articulate a coherent argument.

None of this argues for her leaving this forum. She had a very distinct perception of events and while I almost never found it to be in tune with my own, I would never have suggested she depart temporarily or for good.

I truly do hope she returns, if only to stick it in the eyes of those who may have driven her away.

Even more so I would like to see the return of Foxfire.

The bullys who ran her off would undoubtedly raise their hands when asked if bullying in schools should be a felony, but they revealed themselves as the perfect example of the insecure swine who gang up on anyone who displays vulnerabilty.

The way she was ganged up on was disgusting, and since there are but a handful of conservatives in this forum, despite PMs, it wasn't possible to make it worth it for her to continuously take the abuse the bullies delighted in dispensing.

Those who did remain in this forum and they (should) know who they are, but I doubt they feel any regrets.

Undoubtedly this will attract criticism but the sainted Dyslexia was the worst of the bunch.
Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 05:11 am
Oh yeah . . . what could be worse than telling someone they're full of ****, for no better reason than that they're full of ****. How dare they! Foxfire peddled the most eggregious bullshit, and no amount of evidence that it was bullshit ever had the least effect on her. She took grave personal affront at being contradicted. She repeatedly posted drivel which was nothing but unadorned rightwing propaganda, and when confronted with documented evidence that her shibboleths were false, she employed the fingers-in-the-ears, "La-la-la-la, i can't hear you." rebuttal. I stopped reading her bullshit or responding to it, because it was a complete waste of time. I"m sure you have me pegged as one of your chimerical bullies.

Perhaps it's a shame she is gone, although i can't think why. We've got any number of rightwing stooges around here to peddle the same bullshit, and usually more articulately than Firefox ever did. Said stooges are just as impervious to mere facts and evidence as she ever was.
JPB

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 06:07 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I never doubted the sincerity of her positions, but clearly neither did she, and she had the unnerving tendency to argue that if she was sincere about a certain issue any opposition could not be...and this assumes she could articulate a coherent argument.

Like I said, they are political opposites but they had a similar style. As a standalone statement this could apply to either of them.

No one ran anyone off. In both cases they chose that being here was a net negative in their lives.