Earth to Msolga. Do you copy? Over!

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 07:54 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Notice he did not deny having deliberately and with aforethought made a nuisance of himself at a religious meeting and that they tipped him out of the door. I did not mention, due to my generous nature, that he had dragged Mrs fm along to share in the ignominy.

1. I DID NOTHING OF THE SORT. We paid our admission to enter a public venue spomsored by a Church ,(My two colleagues and I sans Mrs F)

2I did have an expectation of honesty and some scientific evidence to warrant a title of the "SHOW" "It was called "A DENTIST TAKES A BITE

OUT OF EVOLUTION"

3. He, like you, loved to spread lie after lie about his "beliefs" being science and how real science was a religion and how anyone could bea scientist with the indctrination that our universities provide (I guess he excluded dentistry since practitioners can conveniently forget any scientific training as undergraduates).

4 I asked two questions in the Q/A period. After which I was asked to leave . I asked for my money back amnd was so given it . My one collegue, who sat in another area of the room, asked another "Impertinnt" question and he and my other colleague were similarly ejcted (their money was NOT returned because they failed to ask for it in public.

Your statement that I use this oppotunity to proselytize for rape and incest is another of your silly lies.
If you cannot be truthful in your attempted character schmears , then you expose yourself as the liar herein

As far s my statement about "Retraining camps" I think the audience can see the humor I was intending and , in fact, over the last week I read the exact same type of reference within someone elses discussions.
The problem with you is I think you are probably autistic. You generally display a lack of nuance.

As far as "Starting it" , others will agree with me I believe. Those who like your style are unaware of the mean spiritdness tht most of your posts start from.

You probably have more folks ignoring you than almost any three other trolls combined. Since Ive always been your main target (I suppose its my lack of respct for the superstition that you openly profess), I consider it a duty to respond to your attempts at character schmears. I realize that you are some lonely old piece who needs attention. I , however, wont let you post your lies about me , without any response .

I suppose that youll wait till 11 AM your time (that gives you ample tim to come to) to respond.
JTT

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 08:00 pm
@farmerman,
The part that I don't get is why there is no Rocky and other telling you how far off thread you are.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 08:06 pm
@JTT,
you're off topic, you twit...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 08:08 pm
@farmerman,
It's hard to follow all this, for anyone. I virtually always get you, but so what, I've no creds and I avoid extended argument.

I've waffled if Spendius is a troll or faux troll.. I guess I give up, he is.
Be well.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 08:36 pm
@Rockhead,
Pages late and off the mark again, Rockyhead.
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 06:05 am
@JTT,
nevertheless, msolga felt that tis site has gone "toxic" and that she was being frequently accosted by several others that view themselves as the "Intellectual constabulry" of his site.
Im anxious to see what the new "ignore" feature is about because perhaps that would keep other valued members from leaving in disgust.

Im especially anxious to try the "nova-ignore" feature on you and spendi cause that way, you wont know that Ive even posted and I wont see you either. For me, you wont even exist SO your own idiotic babblings will go unappreciated. Id trade you and spendi (and Baldimo,together the batshit trio) for msolga any day. She added something to the proceedings, you and the other two add nothing at all
spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 06:45 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Your statement that I use this oppotunity to proselytize for rape and incest is another of your silly lies.

I don't remember ever saying such a thing. If you will show me when and where I did I will apologise.

Quote:
As far s my statement about "Retraining camps" I think the audience can see the humor I was intending

It did strike me at the time that it was an attempt at humour but the thought was there. And I am under no obligation to see it as a joke. It's an old trick to claim having made a joke after saying something like that. I can well understand that the frustrations of emotionally charged atheists faced with the recalcitrance of believers would lead to the Dr. Benway procedures. One thing is sure--that thought was in your head.

Quote:
The problem with you is I think you are probably autistic.

You won't find me ever saying a thing like that. Not even as a joke. But as long as you only "think" it and that it's only "probable" I don't suppose many viewers will take it too seriously.

I think we all have autism to a degree and that those diagnosed with it are merely the ones who exhibit the symptoms in a problematic way in the eyes of those with normal levels of it. I have no record of using Ignore or the thumb-downs which both are symptoms of difficulties with social interaction and repetitive behaviours. So also the constant use of ad homs such as the one quoted. Especially the jelly-wobble types which the "think" and the "probably" signify. Similarly with--

Quote:
Those who like your style are unaware of the mean spiritedness that most of your posts start from.

Which is rather like your questions being declared "impertinent" Atheism is by definition spiritedless. It works on mechanical causality with zero spiritual content. I'm surprised the expression is in your vocabulary.

Quote:
My one collegue, who sat in another area of the room, asked another "Impertinnt" question and he and my other colleague were similarly ejcted

That is somewhat incoherent but it does show that the three of you placed yourselves about the meeting so as not to seem to be acting in concert despite having conspired together to attend for the purpose of causing trouble. Which is a bit sneaky.

I apologise if Mrs fm wasn't involved but my memory tells me that you said she was there.

You might be said to be trolling Christianity which is a whole other level of trolling than A2K's itsy-bitsy versions which are insignificant by comparison.

Quote:
You probably have more folks ignoring you than almost any three other trolls combined.

That, assuming it is true, doesn't bother me. And you are the "main target" because you have set yourself up to be.

I do not profess the "superstitions" you allege. I simply respect that majority which does profess them and their usefulness to our culture. Doing without them is revolutionary in many respects and supporting such dramatic revolutions without bothering to describe and approve of the alternatives necessarily involved is, objectively, invalid.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 06:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im especially anxious to try the "nova-ignore" feature on you and spendi cause that way, you wont know that Ive even posted and I wont see you either.

And you will get your dearest wish which is to have a one-way megaphone. Free speech goes out of the window.

"You should be made to wear earphones" Dylan said. At religious meetings as well. When one of you three got up on your hind legs loud music played and when the speaker was holding forth you were made to wear ear muffs.

Excellent. Kim Jong-un would approve.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:35 am
@farmerman,
Have you really no idea, fm, of how many ad homs and unsupported assertions your posts contain?

You are not entitled to characterise those who offer arguments against your positions, or Olga's, as an "intellectual constabulary". You are simply trying to browbeat us all into accepting your views.

I view myself as just another A2Ker. Nothing more and nothing less.

Your anti-intellectualism sticks out like a bandaged thumb on a parade ground drill.

We cannot be policed on the grounds that Olga felt that the site had gone toxic. She flounced out. She doesn't know what toxic is.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 09:27 am
@spendius,
Quote:

It's fm who is on a mission. He once gatecrashed a religious meeting and started regaling the congregation with his tin pot ideas like there being no flood proves abortion and adultery and the other stuff are acceptable.
Since the whole thing is a fuckin spndi lie Apology is appropriate.
spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:50 am
@farmerman,
Whistle while you wait. Lullabolero, is the tune recommended by Laurence Sterne.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 11:49 am
@spendius,
Hello test

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 12:01 pm
@dalehileman,
Would you apologise to somebody who had declared that he "thinks" you are "probably" autistic?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 02:13 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Since the whole thing is a fuckin spndi lie Apology is appropriate.

The whole thing is a demonstration of your meaning of "mellow" and "give and take".
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 07:12 pm
@farmerman,
I think Frank would term that hyperbole, Farmer.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:43 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I presume Olga departed because she didn't wish to be educated in a manner which shafted all her fondly held opinions.

Like on the Arab Spring for example.

Amen
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:44 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
He patronises the educationally challenged I'm afreid
So Spend that's why he reads all my postings

Uhhh...yes!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 01:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

nevertheless, msolga felt that tis site has gone "toxic" and that she was being frequently accosted by several others that view themselves as the "Intellectual constabulry" of his site.

Clearly she is entitled to her opinion and there is, obviously, no requirement, that she continue to post in this forum.

That she had a tendency to insist that her opinions were Gospel and oppossing viewpoints were personal attacks is not that unique in A2K.

For anyone who disagreed with her opinions her postings were very frustrating; not because she was was so adept at debating an issue but because her comments were so often incoherent.

Some (and perhaps even you) have suggested that this observation represents denigrating her. My response is "Nonsense."

She may be the sweetest person on earth with an amazing intellect, but debating her was like wading through mud.

Saying so is quite different from claiming that she is an idiot, a racist, a coward or a @#$%ing &#%@. That is denigration.

I take no pleasure in her decision to depart from this forum. No matter what I thought of her ability to present a cogent case, I never considered her in the least bit noxious. There are several other members who I would far more fondly bid adieu.
spendius

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 05:33 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
What is so ridiculous Finn is fm taking Olga's flounce-out as some sort of proof that the positions she took, on whaling, the Chinese ship colliding with the reef, and middle-east dictators, were correct and that those who took issue with her were thus proved wrong and not legitimate by her indulging in such a simple and emotional action.

She was, I gather, a teacher of young kids and if she had been giving them her positions on such matters it is natural that any questioning of them would be upsetting.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
That she had a tendency to insist that her opinions were Gospel and oppossing viewpoints were personal attacks is not that unique in A2K.
Id never found tht about her. She was, in the threads I participated in, loaded with facts that she reseqrched and published as sidebars complete with the source URL.
She was never guilty of dogmatic authoritarinism as some of us often step into (me included).
Whenever someone disagrees with me and it usually on an evolution or "rock" thread, I get impatient when they cannot reason their points and sink into superstition.

Msolga NEVER did any of that.

Maybe her own shortcoming was stepping into the political threads that are Americentric. She often had problems with understanding our vernacular and maybe that led to some of the snotty comments that Id seen from several of us. I read one of her last posts in a thread that ,(at least to this ole farmer) seemed like most of you were "piling on".

Well, I miss her participTION nd , as I said few months previous, If the list of interesting topics (to me) keeps declining in favor of the insipid pablum and " stupid homework questions" Ill be gone too. ALthough, I need to find a site that is more broadbae like this(I already belong to a woodworking and a professional rocknocker site" However, The geologists dont wanna dicuss cooking or RT OR POLITICS ND THE WOODWORKERS ONLY WANNA TALK ABOUT WOOD.

So in that repect, with all its faults, A2K is best, Its "amile wide nd two inches deep"