Earth to Msolga. Do you copy? Over!

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 02:03 am
You know, i've just been reading post after post in several threads in which Finn viciously attacks several members, and here he is talking about anger. He's more fun than a barrel of clinically depressed monkeys.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 11:49 am
@Setanta,
Thank you set, well put

http://able2know.org/topic/202101-1
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 11:54 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Oh yeah . . . what could be worse than telling someone they're full of ****, for no better reason than that they're full of ****. How dare they! Foxfire peddled the most eggregious bullshit, and no amount of evidence that it was bullshit ever had the least effect on her. She took grave personal affront at being contradicted. She repeatedly posted drivel which was nothing but unadorned rightwing propaganda, and when confronted with documented evidence that her shibboleths were false, she employed the fingers-in-the-ears, "La-la-la-la, i can't hear you." rebuttal. I stopped reading her bullshit or responding to it, because it was a complete waste of time. I"m sure you have me pegged as one of your chimerical bullies.

Perhaps it's a shame she is gone, although i can't think why. We've got any number of rightwing stooges around here to peddle the same bullshit, and usually more articulately than Firefox ever did. Said stooges are just as impervious to mere facts and evidence as she ever was.

100% accurate here. She was the biggest bullshit artist out of all the right-wingers here on A2K. Tirelessly pushed the right-wing line in all situations and was an unabashed apologist for anything Bush did.

Good riddance to bad rubbish...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 12:01 pm
@ossobuco,
That discussion was about Foxfire..not Firefly.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 02:08 pm
@Ragman,
And it's Foxfyre I was talking about. I garbled her name, somehow naming a presently more recent poster in a homonymic manner.

(Thanks, by the way)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

An entirely expected response from someone who is the personifcation of the faceless mob member. I will bet everything I own that all of your responses to anything Foxfyre posted was some snarky, witless quip.

Rocky...witless - you may be half right!! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

But probably not even remotely correct!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:32 pm
@Setanta,
Substitute "Setanta" for Foxfire [wasn't it FireFox?] and the male pronoun for the female, and Set, you described yourself, on a number of issues.

Quote:
Foxfire [Setanta] peddled the most eggregious bullshit, and no amount of evidence that it was bullshit ever had the least effect on her [him]. [He] She took grave personal affront at being contradicted. She [He] repeatedly posted drivel which was nothing but unadorned rightwing propaganda, and when confronted with documented evidence that her [his] shibboleths were false, she [he] employed the fingers-in-the-ears, "La-la-la-la, i can't hear you." rebuttal.

Quote:
I stopped reading her bullshit or responding to it, because it was a complete waste of time.

Sadly, I wasn't afforded the same luxury. You still keep posting a lot of bullshit.

But the hypocrisy, AMAZING how you can rail about others and describe yourself.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 09:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Some posters need to just mellow and enjoy the give and take

For those who enjoy hollow laughter check out fm's contributions on the evolution and intelligent design threads.

He has recently stalked off in high dudgeon when asked to give his view on the "Handicap Principle" in evolution. He took his ball home.

There is a sense that he might never have heard of it before in which case his views on evolution are naive.

It is a key principle in evolution. In fact Darwin, his very self, deployed the principle to pretty good effect in real life.

fm's idea of "give and take" is limited to his personal sensibilities. Outside of those "give and take" does not exist for him.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 09:48 am
@spendius,
I don't know what Msolga's handicap is or if she's playing golf at all.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 09:48 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Thank you set, well put

You must be kidding. There are no barrels of clinically depressed monkeys. The comparison is illiterate.

A barrel of sheep's intestines might be better. Such things are transported, salted, in large barrels for sausage manufacture.

A barrel drunk dry is not much fun as well.

Setanta puts no effort into his composition. He patronises the educationally challenged I'm afreid.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 10:21 am
@spendius,
Quote:

He has recently stalked off in high dudgeon when asked to give his view on the "Handicap Principle" in evolution. He took his ball home.

There is a sense that he might never have heard of it before in which case his views on evolution are naive

Coming from a complete asshole as yourself, I dont feel threatened in the least with your attempts at sulfurizing . In 2014 I celebrate my 40th year in this profession . Ivedone some pretty good work and the use of evolutionry symbology in my work is a daily underpin. You, in counter-point, are stupid, ignorant, and speak routinely out of your fat-ass from whatever news source youve read lately (and could still recall after discussing with the other jobless habitues of yer bar)

I responded to your idiotic post and posed followup question to you. You always fail to deal in complete chains of thought. Its you who picked up your bottle caps and ran away not I you douche face.
Ill give you another shot if you wish but please try to think more clearly and not get lost in "clever" run-on phraseology, Im training a nw border collie and she shows some real potential and she requires close attention so try to engage me with something at least half-intelligent .

Why dont you go over to FAce Book and try annoying them. That way maybe Msolga or some of the others whove abandoned A2K will realize that they will always have assholes like you around and will return home.

spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 02:16 pm
@farmerman,
So that is an example of your mellow and give and take I suppose. Exactly as I had proposed. Foul-mouthed lout ****.

What's your "evolutionist" position on the Handicap Principle? As we say here "never mind the bollocks".

Use evolution in your social life eh? That's what we'll get if you get your way. The argument is not about what is done at work. Or how wonderful you are.

I have no idea where Facebook is. I'm not one of those people who rushes from pub to pub in case I'm missing something. A2K is my only action.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 02:26 pm
@spendius,
I already answered and posted a followup. Im not changing any position. If you wish to ignore all but your own snivelling, and then claim that someone else "ran away" from your superior logic" , that is your choice.

Quote:

So that is an example of your mellow and give and take I suppose
Ive never had "give and take" with you. You came into this site severl years go with some chip on your shoulder and a mighty trolls mission to accomplish, that being to insult as many as possible. I just dont let you get away with it.

dalehileman

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 02:38 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
He patronises the educationally challenged I'm afreid
So Spend that's why he reads all my postings
spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 02:45 pm
@farmerman,
Where is your view of the Handicap Principle? If you want to run away from it and try and cover up your unscientific omission with bluster and bombast it's alright with me. It has nothing to do with any superior logic on my side. That sort of jibe is anti-intellectualism in one sweet, easy breath. The real deal.

The trip to see the whales was the HP in action. The display of the ability to sustain pecuniary damage. It's sexy in evolution.

I ignore nothing on the threads I participate in.

If you never had give and take with me then it shows that you only have give and take with those who can take what you give. With your fans.

I'm not bothered what you do or don't let me get away with. You're just another punter like me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 04:11 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
So Spend that's why he reads all my postings

I don't know. He likes simple stuff. Are your posts simple? If they are that'll be the likeliest explanation. It won't be to find anything he doesn't know because he knows everything.

Evolution is simple. That's it's main attraction. Call it science and you can be a scientist by understanding it. It lacks wisdom. I suppose it calls for a modicum of intelligence but intelligence is not wisdom. And wisdom evolved. So applied to human beings evolution theory is internally incoherent. And teaching it in schools is applications to human beings.

Christianity is the KIng of the wisdom jungle. It has proved it.

These guys are just using evolution to beat up the Pope because he says that some of the things they have been and are party to are not proper, respectable forms of behaviour.

It's fm who is on a mission. He once gatecrashed a religious meeting and started regaling the congregation with his tin pot ideas like there being no flood proves abortion and adultery and the other stuff are acceptable. They threw him out.

He's used to people defending Christianity with Biblical quotes. It has never entered his head that it can be defended scientifically. And he doesn't like the idea. Not one little bit.

He even suggested that Mr Obama's 2.5% win was proof that abortion is morally acceptable.

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:19 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

It's fm who is on a mission. He once gatecrashed a religious meeting and started regaling the congregation with his tin pot ideas like there being no flood proves abortion and adultery and the other stuff are acceptable. They threw him out.

This is, of course , mostly composed from spendis desire to have things be as simple as he. Hes lying here in the main but Im losing interest in his babbles. After about 6 years of his "contributions" on A2K, he still offers nothing new.

Imagine that, a life so boring that he is still harping on **** from 2006.
WOW. In beero veritas , NOT !
spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 05:57 pm
@farmerman,
Fm started it. Not me. I never mentioned being on a mission. He did. And I revisited that pathetic story, which came from the man himself, to show how seriously he takes his mission. #

He has also suggested "re-training camps" for believers.

Notice he did not deny having deliberately and with aforethought made a nuisance of himself at a religious meeting and that they tipped him out of the door. I did not mention, due to my generous nature, that he had dragged Mrs fm along to share in the ignominy.

That's being on a mission in my book. Trolling Christianity. Trolling A2k is itsy-bitsy compared to that.
spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 06:03 pm
@spendius,
I think the basic problem fm has is trying to ignore the obvious fact that the higher education is a busted flush. Like Mr Madoff.

Evolution doesn't work on assertions. It works on what works and the HP plays a very significant role.
spendius

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 06:06 pm
@spendius,
I presume Olga departed because she didn't wish to be educated in a manner which shafted all her fondly held opinions.

Like on the Arab Spring for example.