How does one do it now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 16,328 • Replies: 37

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:26 am
@Brandon9000,
Over on the left just enter it in the text box under "My Tags". You can do a comma separated list or add them one at a time.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:31 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Over on the left just enter it in the text box under "My Tags". You can do a comma separated list or add them one at a time.

Oh, I see. Thanks!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 08:41 am
Tagging is funny!

Yesterday, for the first time, I put a tag on a thread.

Now I'm laughing everytime I see that thread!
TTH

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 09:11 pm
@Francis,
you find sore loser funny?
Francis

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:09 am
@TTH,
Things I find funny are far beyond your comprehension...
TTH

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:14 pm
@Francis,
I gave you a thumbs up for that Francis Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 12:36 am
@FreeDuck,
That doesn't seem to work for me. At least, not when it's not my thread. Threads I've started are easy to tag. But when I try to add my tag in that box at the left, it never "takes." What am I doing wrong?
dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 06:12 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

That doesn't seem to work for me. At least, not when it's not my thread. Threads I've started are easy to tag. But when I try to add my tag in that box at the left, it never "takes." What am I doing wrong?

Give us some examples of your tags.
Izzie

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 06:20 am
@dlowan,
Hey MA... when you add a tag to another thread - do you press the green + button...... then click on my tags and check it's there?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:00 am
Wait a mo'. Seems to have worked this time. For once.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
@Merry Andrew,
No, not really. I typed "instructions" in the box. I clicked the little (+) thingy. Under the box, the word "instructions" appeared in red. But that's the only place the word appears, not on the home-page, not in the copy of the thread in the "My Tags" sections. Isn't somebody supposed to be able see that word "instructions? Moi, par example?
jespah

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 09:58 am
@Merry Andrew,
Only the five most popular tags are displayed at any one time. So, if 6 tags have been added by 2 different people, only 5 will show. Any tag used more often will show (in the case of 6 tags, if the 2 people happened to type one tag in common, that one will definitely show), then it's whichever other 4 tags (I don't know if it's first in or if the thread starter gets preference or anything like that).

You can imagine this kind of scenario. Let's say there are 5 people who've tagged a topic. The # after each tag represents how often it was chosen:
food 5
cooking 3
pasta 1
rigatoni 2
italian food 5
pasta primavera 4
vegetarian 1

Here you can see that the following tags would definitely show up:
food
cooking
rigatoni
italian food
pasta primavera

However, if another person (a 6th person in this case) adds vegetarian, it'll have 2 uses so it has a chance of kicking out rigatoni, which was also used twice.

Does that make sense?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 10:06 am
@jespah,
Is there a limit to how many of our own tags we can see when we click on "my tags"?
jespah

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 10:19 am
@ehBeth,
I don't know but I imagine if you get up into the thousands (and if everybody else does), it'll have to be limited in some fashion.
talk72000

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 08:23 pm
@jespah,
One complaint I have is that after a response or reply there is not a navigational arrow to return to the topic page.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:31 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Only the five most popular tags are displayed at any one time. So, if 6 tags have been added by 2 different people, only 5 will show. Any tag used more often will show (in the case of 6 tags, if the 2 people happened to type one tag in common, that one will definitely show), then it's whichever other 4 tags (I don't know if it's first in or if the thread starter gets preference or anything like that).

So, as moderators, you are allowing things like "wingnut" and "h2o man is an asshole" and other bullshit tags to be more popular than "obama"?

I'm getting pretty sick of A2K, in fact it reminds me of Abuzz when it went to hell.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:34 pm
@cjhsa,
...... says the one who is sitting in the glass house himself.

Who put "Francis peed here" up? TTH?
cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
I dunno but that was funny!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 03:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
Have you looked at Francis' tags? Laughing