I don't know what to do

msolga

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:46 am
@izzythepush,
Maybe he has a dependent nature?
Who knows?
Who cares? Neutral
But his priorities are not necessarily the same as anyone else's.
izzythepush

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:48 am
@msolga,
Thanks for your support chuck. I did contribute to this threat to help T2L, not to argue with Chicken Little, but I was forgetting about his monstrous ego.
msolga

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:57 am
@izzythepush,
No worries, izzy.
I know that's why you posted here.
No one should be casually judged on a discussion board about whether they're adjusting properly to the death of their partner or not. That is very personal & private territory & should be respected as such.
And to be told they're not responding correctly.
What a nerve!

Anyway, back to the thread topic now ....
0 Replies

jespah

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 07:10 am
I'm sorry to read this T2L.

Don't know what to say. I'm just very sorry you're going through this patch.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 07:17 am
@trying2learn,
Good morning, T2L.
First of all, I'm sorry for your losing your sister.
I didn't know what to say last evening - and still don't, these are hard situations - but I agree with most posters about time and memory, experiencing grief and coming out of it eventually but still having the loved one in your mind and heart.
She will always be with you.
Mame

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 08:19 am
@ossobuco,
T2L: I am sorry, too, that you lost your sister. I have a plethora of them and would feel like the fabric of our family had been ripped apart if I lost one of them.

You will feel less pain as time goes by. It's true. I lost two best friends recently and I was in terrible pain and grief about it. I was in shock for about three months after each, and experienced what tsar said, about expecting them to be there. But as long as you keep talking about your sister to your friends or counsellor or here... you're keeping her alive in your heart, and that helped me so much.
~~~~~
As far as Hawkeye and Izzy - Hawk, you're a presumptuous asshole. Why do you think he's not coping well simply because he's not replaced her? Maybe he's happy on his own. Maybe he doesn't need someone. Maybe he hasn't met anyone. Maybe you're a big dickhead. Well, there's no maybe about that. You're a cold shithead for even presuming to speak to anyone about their personal life which you know nothing about.
Below viewing threshold (view)
JPB

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 12:01 pm
I'm very sorry for yet another loss in your life, T2L. I can see how this blow after the difficulties of losing your father may seem like it's too much to bear. I don't think it is but I can see how it must feel that way. I agree with others that time does eventually help. In the meantime you should just take each day as it comes.

I have a firm belief that the departed are never really very far from our midst; that their spirits live on in those they leave behind. They are always nearby to guide us and support us. May Doris rest in peace and her spirit stay strong at your side.

And, yes, I think seeing a dr is a good idea.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 12:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Hey, I am just asking questions. ...

Bullshit. You said:

hawkeye10 wrote:
the fact that you are still single 8 years later indicates that you are not a great person to give lessons on getting on with your life.

You're a douche.
Rockhead

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 12:46 pm
@Ticomaya,
vinegar and water.

a cheap douche...
Green Witch

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 09:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
You take a very serious thread about grief and turn it into a platform for your narcissistic ramblings. Shame on you. Grow up or at least pretend to have some decency and go away.
cicerone imposter

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 10:51 pm
Don't listen to hawk; as you can see most have already written him off as a nut on these boards.

In trying to put a loved one's death into perspective, especially soon after their death, most of us suffer the loss that digs into our deepest emotions. I have seen some people go into depression, while others have recovered within a reasonable period of time.

When my best friend passed away, it was made a bit easier, because he was diabetic, and no matter how his family members asked him to watch his diet, all he did was argue with them, and ate everything as he pleased. We saw him lose his health rather quickly, from going blind, shuffling to walk, then to the kidney machine for several weeks before he passed on.

Since I've known him the longest, his family asked me to do the eulogy.

After he passed on, I thought about him almost every day for several weeks.
After about six months, my memory of him was reduced to several times a month. Now, after fifteen years, I think about him about four or five times a year, but more importantly I wonder how his family is doing since they have moved away about 200 miles from here.

A couple of months ago, I lost my nephew, the first tragedy in our family. He was married with three daughters, and was at the prime of his life. He was running for Superior Court Judge in the small town they called home in the Sierra Nevada Mountain foothills. It pained me more to see my brother and his wife trying to not be emotional in front of us.

It's all part of life, isn't it. As we get older, more and more of our contemporaries pass away.

I think for most of us, time has a way of lightening the suffering and sadness.

You will survive this as most of us must.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 01:00 am
@hawkeye10,
The poor girl has just lost her sister, that's hardly dwelling.

Everything else is in your own head. Unfortunately you are convinced that you're some sort of visionary, you're not you're a moron. Admittedly a moron who delivers his children to paedophiles, and shags assorted pigs and hounds, but a moron nontheless.

You're not taken seriously because you're stupid, not because you're outrageous. As GW pointed out you're a narcissist, and that's why you refuse to see the truth, but the truth is you're very very stupid, and that's why you're the butt of so many jokes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 07:14 am
@hawkeye10,
jeepers crimy no matter whether you like someone else's opinion or not does not warrant being so cruel.

What do you know? Perhaps izzy perfers not to remarry. Being single doesn't mean the person hasn't gone on and enjoyed life and is not fulfilled - it simply means they are not married. Jeepers.
Linkat

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 07:17 am
@trying2learn,
I'm very sorry to hear this -
0 Replies

Rockhead

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 12:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
you have no sense.

no zen.

no shame.

just self centered badly spelled blathering.

fool...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Mon 8 Oct, 2012 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I feel no shame in pointing out what appears to be truth, and never will.

Sure, because EVERY FUCKIN' THREAD IS ABOUT YOU! I'm sure T2L put her grieving heart out here just to hear YOUR! opinions about Izzy's relationship status, because surely that would help her feel better. I've encountered people with extreme Asperger's who have better social skills than YOU!.