I've been having some diet difficulties and need serious help!!

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 08:06 pm
It gets hard to advise. I haven't eaten "cereal' in maybe thirty years.

Our poster and others would not like my latest favorite, mackerel fish cakes (w/cumin and chile + mashed potato).

I work up a ricotta torte about every three weeks - that involves an olive oil pie crust and ricotta cheese (cottage cheese also works), some egg, and mixed greens, like cooked spinach or chard or kale or turnip greens or collard greens. I usually add sauteed onions, or at least some garlic, and some smidge of chile. I've sometimes added bacon or a bit of ham.

I agree with ehBeth re protein early and think there are many ways to get there.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 10:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Lololol
0 Replies

Micheal222

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 03:02 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
i have read all things that u have just said and i might say that u must leave sugar out of your sight and must take wheat cereals ... And i would suggest you to do proper exercise like running and push ups kind of stuff and if it doesn't help you out then i will probably suggest you any thing else which might be helpful...
engineer

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 07:25 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You've received a lot of decent advice here and made a few excuses. I'll add my advice in. You don't need to go on a diet, you need to make some serious, permanent changes to your diet. This is a telling statement.
Quote:
I can't even enjoy my summer eating all the sweets and foods that I want.

If you want the satisfaction and good health that stems from being a healthy weight, you are going to have to make some big changes. I'll propose one - give up all sweets - forever. Sound harsh? It's not actually. Sugar and fat taste really good and create cravings for them. If you stop eating all cakes, candies, cookies, etc for a week you will find you don't really need them. If you just eat three decent meals a day you can eat processed food and you will be fine. You can have cereal for breakfast and a sandwich on white bread for lunch (with some fruit and veggies) and you can eat a decent dinner - if you don't eat anything else. You will lose weight doing that. No desserts, no snacks. (Note that all the good advice you have received about not eating processed food is great but you clearly aren't going there.) It probably sounds really harsh to say that but it is not. And when you start to lose weight, don't celebrate by eating. That would be like a sprinter celebrate winning a race by hitting her foot with a hammer. Finally understand that exercise is important to keep you healthy and fit but you will likely not be able to exercise enough to counter bad eating. You need to walk/run 10 miles to counter a 1000 calorie bing. Four hours of walking for one Big Mac combo meal. The key to holding your weight under control is controlling what you eat.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:33 am
@Green Witch,
Okay well now that you said that I'm pretty sure I definitely have it without a doubt. So now, I can't enjoy my summer at all. No ice creams, no cake, no slush, no candy, no other summer sweets, and none of my favorite crackers-- cheez-its :"(
engineer

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:28 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Why do you equate enjoying your summer with eating? Why not enjoying summer by swimming, reading, hanging with your friends, going on vacation?
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:01 pm
@Micheal222,
I used to go running around my school a ton last summer but it got boring and repetitive and I basically gave up and stopped
roger

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:05 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Nobody mentioned it, but two 20 minute sessions is not a bad workout - somewhat depending on how hard you go at it. Still, it is best to consider a workout as an addition to an active lifestyle. I appreciate what you say about boring and repetitive. The answer is to find something that is not boring. That seems something you are going to have to work out for your self.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:09 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree with ehBeth re protein early and think there are many ways to get there.

^What does that mean?..
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:10 pm
@Micheal222,
Raisin Bran and Special K are wheat cereals though, aren't they... I can't remember if I replied to you already on this, so much replying it's confusing. But I said I used to run a ton last summer and it got boring and repetitive and tedious I hated it and I eventually just gave up and stopped.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:11 pm
@Micheal222,
From what other people have told me, push ups do not do ****. yes they build the muscles, but the fat is covering it.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:15 pm
@roger,
Thank you!!! Someone truly listens and understands me. I appreciate you. Unlike everyone else, I feel like you are the only one who I'm not wasting my time replying to your intelligent responses. and that engineer guy. So it's not bad? Ha, who would have known... IN YOUR FACE ALL YOU OTHER IDIOTIC PEOPLE!!!~ And it's really hard to do that though. I used to ride horses but I have stopped due to obstacles, hopefully starting up again but it would be only like once a week for an hour riding lesson at the new barn I'm going to, hopefully.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:16 pm
@engineer,
I know, but my parents work A LOT. Ever since my mom got a new job, so thingsare liited for me. And we don't go on vacation... I used to ride horses as I said in my other thread replying to that Roger guy, read it.
engineer

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:26 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I understand and I will also tell you that society will not help you eat less. Wherever you go there will be free and good tasting food for the taking. That said, there is a tremedous amount of satisfaction that comes from being healthy. Think of what you ate for dessert last night. Do you remember it? Did eating it form a great memory or was it great for a moment then quickly forgotten? The trick is to say no between meals and no desserts. So what are you going to do when you have the munchies? You could go for a walk or bike ride - target a half hour. Try reading a book. If you need some good summer reading start a thread. Heck, take on a project. Tell your parents if they buy you the paint you will repaint all the inside walls. That will use up some time (and the house looks great when repainted.) It sounds like you are eating out of boredom and that is not going to help you.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Ummmmm. No. Go do yourself a favor and read Engineers SMART post to me.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:28 pm
@engineer,
Thank you!!!! I love you! I gave you a 30 thumbs up just to let you know how much I appreciate this smart response. Wink

Anyways, That seems quite hard, but I can do it. Anything is possible.
Wait... say that again? Really? I can eat PROCESSED FOODS? So I won't die? Tell this to all of those idiotic people who said I couldn't! But honestly, I'm soo confused cause everyone is telling me different! Most people say I shouldn't because I might have hypogliecimia(sp?) and which, I honestly think I do. The sypmtoms seem somewhat familiar. And my sugar is rather high. On that food tracker app of mine, my sugar is always a negative number, so I'm going past my sugar goal(intake). I actually just ate Raisin Bran cereal this morning, I had two cups of it. And plus the milk. I'm now already -19 on Sugar. And even if I do those 40 mins of jump roping today, I checked, and it only went down to like -10... Plus if I do cleaning of my house today and other typical stuff... So I think I should listen to them on that and have an egg. I just feel like thats such a small breakfast when I'm already still pretty hungry after having 2 cups of cereal. Ugh. And hahahaha good comparison or whatever you would call that about the hammer and the foot!
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:31 pm
@engineer,
True True. Or I could read my books about horses or drink tons of water. Clean my room some more, or even do some extra jump roping. Why not do some more instead of 40 mins when I can? Haha. Last night i had italian ice and a huge bowl of chocolate vanilla strawberry ice cream... But no more of that! i promise
Green Witch

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:34 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Could you get a job at a riding stable or do volunteer work in exchange for riding? Riding is good exercise.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:36 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Since you're tired of being fat, fatty, why don't you stop spending time in this forum, and get your jelly jiggling.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:38 pm
@Green Witch,
Yayyyy someone who knows riding is good exercise!! And my old barn has a summer camp, which my friend(s) are helping out with. 5 days a week until the end of August 8-3. That is an option, but it may not work with my parents schedules, driving me there and such. Plus, I left for a reason. And I don't like who's teaching it. But once I start riding at this barn I want to go to, maybe my parents will let me stay longer so I can get to know more people, and do some work too. I'm sure they have some kind of working program where I can help out around the barn.
0 Replies