I've been having some diet difficulties and need serious help!!

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:33 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You need to have protein for breakfast. Real protein - not protein bars or protein powders.

If you're not capable of boiling an egg by yourself, ask your mother to prepare a half-dozen boiled eggs for you every 2 or 3 days. You can have a hard-boiled egg and a small piece of fruit for breakfast. One of the other hard-boiled eggs can be a snack at some other time in the day.

I'm surprised that you're as old as you are and completely unable to cook for yourself.

Perhaps you should look into taking a healthy cooking class over the summer.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:34 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
no mac n cheese unless you're making it from scratch with real cheese and milk and whole grain pasta
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:35 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
how many hours a day are you exercising?
roger

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 02:23 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm glad somebody besides me is onto the commerical breakfast cereals.

As far as granola and other bars are concerned, South Beach may not be great, but they're head and shoulders above the others.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 02:45 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You're 15 and your parents don't let you cook? Not even an omelet? I've been cooking omelets since I was 10. Why do your parents treat you like a baby? Are you irresponsible or do you have other issues that keep you from behaving more grown-up?

By the way, I said you should be tested for hypoglycemia and that means you should not eat sugar because it makes you hungry. You also should also not eat Mac&Cheese if you want to lose weight. Like I said, go for a long walk everyday for exercise and stop eating processed food.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:37 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't have a pool or any close... I'm just going to lose the weight so eventually I can lose weight.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:39 pm
@CalamityJane,
Good for her!!~~ My parents are strict about cooking home alone so I'm better off sticking with simple, easy stuff.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:42 pm
@ehBeth,
I NEVER SAID I HAVE BEEN MAKING MAC N CHEESE FOR MYSELF NOW THAT I STARTED A DIETING... I was telling you my parents wouldnt even let me make mac n cheese because they didnt want the house burnt down in general. I was showing how strict they are about it.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Can I have something else besides an egg? ... I liked cereal because its big and fills me up somewhat, like its not a small meal. Could I have waffles or something?? Or can I just stick to raisin bran
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Well 20 mins of jump roping in the morning, and 20 in the afternoon/evening. Then cleaning my house which is like an hour the most I would say, maybe more. I do things here and there, like laundry too...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:45 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
When you think you parents will let you learn an important life skill like cooking? Part of the reason you are overweight is because you are eating processed foods. If you could cook you could make yourself healthy, filling foods that will not leave you hungry. Things like Special K and Raisin Bran spike hunger in many people.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:47 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Processed carbohydrates make people fat. Waffles will turn you into a blimp. You need to eat lean protein, some fruit and vegetables.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:47 pm
@Green Witch,
I NEVER SAID I AM CURRENTLY EATING MAC N CHEESE. I WAS USING IT TO COMPARE TO HOW STRICT MY PARENTS ARE. I AM NOT JUST MY PARENTS ARE STRICT SO ID RATHER STICK TO THE SIMPLE THINGS... Do uyou people have a problem with that?
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:48 pm
@Green Witch,
I thought they were healthy breakfasts
Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:51 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I saw your first note about mac&cheese. You need to stop eating processed foods. Those boxed cereals are junk food. Make a bowl of steel cut oatmeal (not that flavored crap in packages) if you must eat cereal. But you will not lose weight eating all those carbs.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:52 pm
@CalamityJane,
Is it okay if I still have that smart wonder bread I use for my turkey sandwhich for lunch? And oh, maybe thats what on the ipod app that I have, it keeps track of your limit and everything, and on sugar theres always a negative number, im going way past the goal for the day...
Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 03:55 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Wonder bread is bait for fat people. If the turkey is just roasted and not processed just eat that on a healthy whole grain bread. You need to learn what is healthy and what is junk. Read Michael Pollan's book "Food Rules" to start.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 04:00 pm
@Green Witch,
Well I have to be eating at least somewhat right cuz I did lose 8 lbs and my brother is like a food and nutrition, well becoming some kind of thing involvef with that hes in college. He says what im eating is fine that bread and a turjey sandwhich. As long as im not going over the limit of my calorie intake for the da
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 04:00 pm
Here, I will save you the money of having to buy the book:

Michael Pollan Food Rules List

1. Eat food

2. Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food

3. Avoid food products containing ingredients that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry

4. Avoid food products that contain high-fructose corn syrup

5. Avoid food products that have some form of sugar (or sweetener listed among) the top three ingredients

6. Avoid food products that have more than 5 ingredients

7. Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce

8. Avoid food products that make health claims

9. Avoid food products with the wordoid “lite” or the terms “low fat” or “nonfat” in their names

10. Avoid foods that are pretending to be something they are not

11. Avoid foods you see advertised on television

12. Shop the peripheries of the supermarket and stay out of the middle

13. Eat only foods that will eventually rot

14. Eat foods made from ingredients that you can picture in their raw state or growing in nature

15. Get out of the supermarket whenever you can

16. Buy your snacks at the farmers market

17. Eat only foods that have been cooked by humans

18. Don’t ingest foods made in places where everyone is required to wear a surgical cap

19. If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.

20. It’s not food if it arrived through the window of your car

21. It’s not food if it’s called by the same name in every language (Think Big Mac, Cheetos or Pringles)

22. Eat mostly plants, especially leaves

23. Treat meat as a flavoring or special occasion food

24. Eating what stands on one leg [mushrooms and plant foods] is better than eating what stands on two legs [fowl], which is better than eating what stands on four legs [cows, pigs and other mammals].

25. Eat your colors

26. Drink the spinach water

27. Eat animals that have themselves eaten well

28. If you have space, buy a freezer

29. Eat like an omnivore

30. Eat well-grown food from healthy soil

31. Eat wild foods when you can

32. Don’t overlook the oily little fishes

33. Eat some foods that have been predigested by bacterial or fungi

34. Sweeten and salt your food yourself

35. Eat sweet foods as you find them in nature

36. Don’t eat breakfast cereals that change the color of the milk

37. The whiter the bread, the sooner you’ll be dead

38. Favor the kinds of oils and grains that have traditionally been stone-ground

39. Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself

40. Be the kind of person who takes supplements – then skip the supplements

41. Eat more lie the French. Or the Japanese. Or the Italians. Or the Greeks.

42. Regard nontraditional foods with skepticism

43. Have a glass of wine with dinner

44. Pay more, eat less

45. Eat less

46. Stop eating before you’re full

47. Eat when you are hungry, not when you are bored

48. Consult your gut

49. Eat slowly

50. The banquet is in the first bite

51. Spend as much time enjoying the meal as it took to prepare it

52. Buy smaller plates and glasses

53. Serve a proper portion and don’t go back for seconds

54. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like pauper

55. Eat meals

56. Limit your snacks to unprocessed plant foods

57. Don’t get your fuel from the same place your car does

58. Do all your eating at a table

59. Try not to eat alone

60. Treat treats as treats

61. Leave something on your plate

62. Plant a vegetable garden if you have space, a window box if you don’t

63. Cook

64. Break the rules once in a while
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 04:04 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
It sounds like you are eating primarily processed food - cereal/waffles/wonder bread ... those are all problem foods.

Listen to Greenwitch.

Learn to eat simple fresh unprocessed foods.

Go for walks every day.