I've been having some diet difficulties and need serious help!!

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Its a embarrasing subject to talk about.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
I actually like whole wheat. And I use very little mayo, like half a tsp, is that okay?? And i don't like cheese. We dont always have "salad stuff" in the house.. Either were running out if something, or yeah. Instead of salad could i have a yogurt or apple etc?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:51 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Hard to tell.

Well, if you can use a microwave, you can cook things when your parents are around and warm them up in the morning.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:54 pm
@CalamityJane,
Who doesnt allow their kids to use a oven?! My god, im not that young! And an oatmeal cookie? But if i snack every 2 hours, thats every 2 hours out of ghe whole day, 24 hours. Id go past my calorie limit for sure and above sugar limit which all of you are so anal about because the sugar is the problem
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:55 pm
@ossobuco,
You guys were all saying i have LOW blood sugar... Hense LOW... So if somethings low, you would thinkyoud need MORE of it....
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:58 pm
What you could microwave -

if you cooked a frittata or some baked eggs some evening, you could slice those up and have something like six or eight breakfasts, each ready in a minute or so.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:06 pm
@CalamityJane,
If i eat a snack every 2 hours(24 hours in the day) im going go go wayyyyy overr calirie intake especially sugar which you are all ttelling me that i should actually not be getting any if i eat a snack every two hour im going to be gettting LOTS yet alone none!!!
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
My mom works late so she cant really cook nor my dad.... Who eats aplle with cottage cheese and banana with peanut butter.... Excuss me while i go barf. I like peanut butter with apples what you said is awfully gross
Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:29 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar means your body has trouble regulating sugar in your blood. It can indicate you might become a diabetic. It doesn't mean you need more sugar. Here are the symptoms:

Symptoms can be different depending on how low your blood sugar level drops.

* Mild hypoglycemia can make you feel hungry or like you want to vomit. You could also feel jittery or nervous. Your heart may beat fast. You may sweat. Or your skin might turn cold and clammy.
* Moderate hypoglycemia often makes people feel short-tempered, nervous, afraid, or confused. Your vision may blur. You could also feel unsteady or have trouble walking.
* Severe hypoglycemia can cause you to pass out. You could have seizures. It could even cause a coma or death.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:33 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You know what, you don't even read correctly what people tell you.
First you're telling us you are not allowed to use the oven, then you're saying the opposite and frankly you're making very little sense for a 15 year old. Something is amiss here.....I am not wasting my time with you any longer!
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:38 pm
@Green Witch,
Well i didnt know what it was, not my fault. Woah this is familiar.. i actually have the symptoms of mild and moderate :/
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:39 pm
@CalamityJane,
Okay first off, I was on my ipod. Its not easy to type and i tend to rush. Second, i've been getting very LITTLE sleep, so it's hard to think. I apoligize for not making sense though.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
And because you guys are so quick to say things but yet dont know the whole situation... its stressful and annoying having to explain the whole thing, honestly. and where are you hearing this stuff? I NEVER once said im not allowed to use the oven, what the heck! I said very specifically, my parents are both very strict. and when they work so many hours a day, they'd rather me do as little cookingas possible when they arent around. It's late, and I'm tired... I honestly can't think, and stress is making this all worse. And confusion, not to mention
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:43 pm
@Green Witch,
I thought it meant you need more because of the low blood sugar part so I assumed so.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't know... I'm not too much of a big fan on eggs anyways :/
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:44 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I'm not blaming you for not knowing, but you could have Googled the word. You should be tested. Many young people are hypoglycemic, especially if they yo-yo diet or eat a lot of processed foods. A doctor can administer a glucose tolerance test to find out if this is part of your weight problem.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:46 pm
@Green Witch,
It can affect people's diets and losing weight??
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:47 pm
@Green Witch,
I was at the doctors in February, we discussed my weight issue, dieting, and so fourth... How come my doctor never mentioned or asked about this?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:48 pm
@Green Witch,
Useful post, I hope equestrian absorbs it.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 07:50 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Doctor's don't think of everything and they hear the "I can't lose weight" story all the time and I think they tune it out, but you seem to have some of the classic symptoms. It's very controllable, especially when you learn how to deal with it. Ask the doctor about the test, it's not expensive.

PS And yes, it can effect weight gain. It makes you feel hungry and crave the wrong foods.