I've been having some diet difficulties and need serious help!!

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 08:46 pm
I'm a 15 year old girl who currently weighs 175 lbs and I'm about 5'6. I seriously need to lose about 20-40 lbs!! Its horrible because it's Summer where I am and my whole vacation is like a whole wash because one, I'm not the weight that I want to be/want to look like, and two, I can't even enjoy my summer eating all the sweets and foods that I want. I haven't even been to the beach yet ONCE because of my weight, nor have I boughten a bathing suit(it would be so hard anyways to even find one in my size, and if I were to buy one I'd want a bikini and I can't because I have a FAT ass, BIG busted, and HUGE stomach, it looks like I'm six months pregnant.. Even my mom said so!!! It's so embarassing, you don't even know. So here's the problem, I have issues with procrastinating. I would say for about maybe (5??) weeks now, maybe a little less or a little more, I've been putting myself on a exercise and diet regimen. There's this app on my Ipod that i've been using, and it's super helpful because you set up a calorie goal for the whole day(my calorie limit intake for the day is 1200) and when you add the foods that you eat for each meal of the day(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and snacks) it subtracts the amount of calories from the 1200, and it will tell you the amount left(like the net). There's also an exercise part, basically the same thing. They have all exercises, from strength to cardiovascular(or you can create your own which is how all those exercises listed came there because people created them. You type in the minutes you did of the exercise, and then it adds more calories to your daily thing cuz' burning calories would obviously mean you can get more food, so your number increases. I try to stay under 1200 though anyways. Someday I will have 400/300/200 calories left that I didn't eat. Because when you complete the diary, it gives you the weight youwill be in like five weeks I think, if you continue to do so with the same calorie in take as that day. And it does that for every day, as long as you hit the button "complete diary entry". P.s, if you were wondering what the app is called... "My Fitness Pal". So as for exercise, I've been cleaning my house(vacuuming etc.,) and jump roping and lifting weights and that type of stuff. But lately I haven't been that consistent as for lifting weights, I've been feeling unmotivated in that exercise and lazyy. I started jump roping for like 5 mins a day, over time increased to 10, then 15, and 20, and now I just recently started 40. I have been trying for the past week/week 1/2, to get up early so I can do the 20 mins of jump roping in the morning, and the other 20 in the afternoon or evening. Depends on how bad the pain is... And what I'm talking about which is another dreadful story, I get aching, sharp pains from time to time from jump roping. I have no clue why, my mom said it might be because I'm puting my weight on them. It's possible. It's basically my shins down to my feet. I started wearing sneakers, it helps a little be, but not so much. Oh and I do it in my basement, there are those carpet mats down, but underneath it is all cement. I'm just very self-conscious and can't do it outside, plus I play music in my basment while doing it, so it makes it a lil bit better. I have my Ipod on a stopwatch, it times each minute, I take a small break in between too. Usually I just write down 1 tall for the 1 minute on a piece of paper, and then hit the start watch and start up again, but sometimes the sharp pains in my shins is too much, that I have to sit for a while. Sometimes it's so bad I have to be done for the whole day. Okay now, for eating... I've been eating Special K cereals for breakfast, but I can only eat so much of it in the morning to maintain the limit on my calorie intake at a reasonable number. I'm always so hungry in the morning, I could eat literally 5 cups of the cereal I bet. But lately I've been sticking to 2 cups. I just switched to Raisin Bran cereal, hoping that it'd be less calories that Special K, and it turns out it's not. It's closer to 400 calories(oh and with the cup 1/ of milk included, cuz y'know, it IS cereal). But once again it sucks, because I can't even what the friggen hell I want! For lunch, I've been making turkey sandwhiches. I used to eat P&J sandwhiches, Chicken patties, tuna fish, that kind of stuff but it got annoying, so I switched to Turkey. I have wonder bread, usually 1 tsp of mayonaisse, 2 slices of the buffalo style turkey breast, and a lil mustard, not even much. Then I will have water bottles throughout the day which I just realized, I've been a little bit laxy-dazy on meaning I haven't been drinking all that much. I will have snacks too; a dannon yogurt, granola bar, apples. Sometimes for dinner I will have Strawberries, Blueberries, and Bananas in a bowl with a scoop(accidently sometimes more) of chocolate chip ice cream. Mostly I will eat my parents food that they make for dinner. Lately though, i've been having INSANE difficulties. For ex, I took a break on the fourth of july, ate a reasonable amount of food I guess, but then I came home that night late, and ate SO much! I ate so many granola bara, ice cream sandwhiches, and just blah. I had CRAZY BAD cravings last night, for some smoothies, cakes, icies, chocolate, candy, pies, you name it. I snuck downstairs and grabbed a box of peanut butter coated/dark chocolate and nut nature valley granola bars and ate all (6?) of them. Then at like 11 when my parents were in bed, I got a big bowl of mixed flavors ice cream. Yep, and I feel so damn guilty!! I give in to cravings way to easily but they drive me insane. Originally when I weighed myself, the lightest weight I ever was so far actually was 171.something. I took the chance to weigh myself this afternoon, 175. Suprisingly there's more I could add, but I'm going to just leave this as is, and if you guys have questions I'll give you more info. But please, help me!! Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 10,707 • Replies: 213

View best answer, chosen by Equestrianforlife7xo
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 11:43 pm
I just tried to break your post down to paragraphs but gave up.

Calories are presently not the main interest (no matter how many websites say so) re what to eat.

And - you are not all that fat. Stop this stuff and have fun and run around.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:00 am
@ossobuco,
This is an aside - I didn't know about salads until I was into my twenties.
I'm rather old, to you. I was lucky, in that I liked the first salad I was introduced to, at Piece o'Pizza. Salads vary - some are awful and some are wonderful. I had never heard of them, this being a long time ago. I live in a new area, and most of the salads here are awful at restaurants.

I'm not a vegetarian, though I can understand going there - but I cook with a lot of vegetables.

I'm tired and will try to come back tomorrow about recent articles against using only calories as a guide.

Dieting is generally stupid, in my and some other people's opinions. Learn about nutrition and gradually work your way into enjoying smart food.

Trouble with that is that some smart food is presented as just about inedible.
But, not all is.
roger

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:14 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'm not a vegetarian, though I can understand going there - but I cook with a lot of vegetables.

Yeah, I once ate at Arby's, too.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:23 am
@roger,
We've talked about Arby's - I ate there once, no idea when, maybe in the early seventies. Slime sandwich. It was, I think, in Westwood, and didn't last - a street near Wilshire. Not sure that's true, but I don't remember seeing it again.

Also, other restaurants came and went, including a wonderful Indian Restaurant.

Oh, wait, you don't do asian..
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 04:19 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
What I could make of your plan is not going to work. I suggest you look into a structured program like Weight Watchers. You should also see a doctor and have your blood sugar tested. I think you have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and that's why you are so hungry in the morning. People with hypoglycemia crave carbohydrates and often feel even hungrier after eating them. Eat a vegetable omelet for breakfast, not processed cereal that is mostly the type of carb that your body turns into sugar. Lunch should be some salmon or tuna with a salad. Dinner a piece of lean meat like chicken breast with sauteed vegetables. Snacks like a handful of almonds, walnuts, or an apple are good. There is a lot about hypoglycemia diets are the web, but you will lose weight if you cut back on processed foods and starchy carbohydrates. Also just go for a long walk, no a run - at least 3 miles round trip. Put on your iPod with fast music and just go.
jespah

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 06:25 am
http://www.sparkteens.com/
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:40 pm
@Green Witch,
So I need to eat more sugar?? I can't do that, I'm only 15, my mom wouldn't let me. See you people are great giving tips and advice, bu a lot of it is impossible and is a no. Also, I don't like tuna that much.. Hense the reason why I stopped eating it, it got boring for lunch. Plus tuna has something in it that can cause brain damage with too much of it... No thankyou. Dinner, my mom or dad will usually make something with aome type of meat, whether it's chicken, beef, etc. and I'd also like to continue jump roping. As I said I am very self-conscious, I'd like to stick to jump roping in my basement.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:41 pm
@jespah,
I don't want to be involvedthat much in something like this...
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:52 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
What do you do in between eating and 40 minutes of jumping rope a day?

You need to be getting a lot more physical activity -regardless of whether you need to lose weight or not. A bikini likely isn't going to be a very attractive option for you, if you've described yourself correctly. Find a swimsuit that looks decent and get into a pool to swim - it's another good option for improving general fitness levels.

Are you walking on a daily basis?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:53 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

So I need to eat more sugar??

that is not what Greenwitch said. She said less processed food - in other words - forget about the cereal for breakfast.

If your mother wants to help, ask her to not buy granola bars and other crap like that. That shouldn't even be in the house. Ask her not to buy ice cream - all processed crap your body doesn't need.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:55 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:
As I said I am very self-conscious, I'd like to stick to jump roping in my basement.

40 minutes a day of jump-roping isn't going to be enough.

If you're insistent on staying in the house - start going up and down the stairs for 15 - 20 minutes at a time - til it adds up to an hour a day.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 12:57 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
No, you should not eat more sugar, you shouldn't eat any sugar at all, actually.

Try to eat eggs for breakfast - any way you want them,
eat a healthy snack 2 hours later (carrots, apple, yoghurt etc.)
for lunch have a salad and a sandwich if possible
in the afternoon eat another snack (banana with peanut butter, apple with cottage cheese) and for dinner you eat what your mom prepares, but
tell her that you want to lose weight and if she possible could cook more
vegetables and plain chicken or steak.

You should eat every 2 hours something - either a meal or a snack to combat any hunger attacks! Drink lots of water and I mean water - no soda, lemonade, coke etc.

If you cut down on pasta, pizza and bread, you will lose weight alone from that. In addition to doing exercise, it will help you even more!
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Obviously a bikini isn't, that's why I said IM NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO WEAR A BINIKI LIKE I WANT TOO. And no, not really.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Then what can I eat for breakfast? I'd rather not be cooking something difficult, my parents don't like me cooking when they're both at work while I'm home alone.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:18 pm
@ehBeth,
But I do clean/vacuum my house a lot. And also the days that it was SUPER HOT and humid, so I burned off even more.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:21 pm
@CalamityJane,
I really can't make eggs for breakfast. First, to be honest, I don't know how, and I don't want to accidently "burn my house down".. *knock on wood*. My parents are working and I'm home alone so less cooking is best. Microwave and toast kind of stuff though. My parents even flip out over me making Mac n' Cheese.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh and I never said my mom wants to help... She could give two hoots
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:27 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Sweetheart, you've given nothing but excuses here.
My daughter (she's 16 now) made already spaghetti for herself when she was 12 years old.
It's not that hard to put 2 eggs in the frying pan or boil them with water.
Read a cookbook and start trying, but I have a feeling you are looking for an
easy way out and that's not happening. Either you seriously start working
on yourself or you don't - it's as simple as that and it seems you are too lazy
to make anything for yourself from scratch.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 01:30 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
So get a bathing suit that covers your body and go to the pool.

Go for walks - lots of them.