We maybe moving soon

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:22 pm
@MMarciano,
You know I'm agreeing. I trust that our loved JC is on the hyper side.

JC, settle down.

Clicking on a money tab will not fix life. Waiting is very often better.

Plus, pay attention to those who are living with you, married and your child. Did you say you are partners with a wave of the hand?
Listen.

You seem not to.

They want to get used to the place, and work up what they might like or not.

Do I need to beat you up, JC? Stop it with the money fixing and listen.

Just plain listen.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:44 pm
But I was thinking of the dogs, if we move in before everything is finished and decide to have the new pool or the old one remodeled they will tear down the fence and it will be down for a while and we won’t have a yard for them.

I suppose we could keep the house we’re in vacant for a while and use the yard for the dogs, it’s only 15 minutes away and we have Gilbert to take care of them for us.

We will have to give it some thought but I do like the idea of having the pool put at the back of the house, it looks tacky where it is now and it's an older style, it needs to be more modern.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:49 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
it's an older style, it needs to be more modern.

stop.

slow down. get used to the house.

don't put modern stuff on a house that isn't modern. spend some time studying what works architecturally, what is stylistically appropriate

it could be a year or more before the right decision is made for the pool. it's usable the way it is. let the place speak to you.

slow down.

rushing decisions isn't going to make the decisions any better.

listen to osso.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:04 pm
@ehBeth,
I was just looking at some Addison Mizner work. It was a wonderful Florida-specific adaptation of Mediterranean design.

The windows in some of his homes make me think of your new house - which is very window-y. Your new house is a really Florida-style house. Look to someone like Mizner, and see what inspiration you can take from his design.

Don't copy him (or any architect/designer you like) but think about what suits the house.

Now of course you'll love Addison Mizner - he knew how to do arches.

http://www.naplesnews.com/photos/galleries/2011/oct/15/addison-mizner-mansion/202352/#section_header

http://www.oldhouseonline.com/8-great-addison-mizner-buildings/

http://architecture.about.com/od/periodsstyles/ss/spanishrevival_7.htm
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:05 pm
I’m going with the others Morgan. By the time they have finished with the pool you won’t be using it for a few months anyway, it can start getting cold in Florida by the end of October. Besides during the colder months you will get a better deal on a pool.

That’s when the pool companies are hurting for your business.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you, ehBeth. I sound to myself like some bitch on wheels, but really, my advice is ordinary - JC just doesn't know about it, the process of design. I'm not rich from it, but none of us were, including the boss. Well regarded, though.

I know, JC, that you are style oriented. You can believe me or not that I worked for a firm that did major stuff.

Please. Back off and listen to the people you live with. Don't run over them.
Just wait.

Your need to do everything right away is a major problemo (I say this as a friend).
MMarciano

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:14 pm
@ossobuco,
I love him to death but his signature fits him to a tea, or should I say tiara? Laughing

http://www.tiaratown.com/r16g.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Right on.

Stop your ****, jc, and listen to us. Both of us know architecture and real estate, re value, somewhat anyway. Don't go around ******* places up.

Calm down.
I can give lots of architecture links.
I used to have threads here about it, low interest, high work, but
I still care.

Please - I see you as self destructing.

Take time out and take some architecture courses. PLEASE.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you ladies, he's been driving himself crazy trying to figure out how to make it a home before we move it. We will make it a home AFTER we move in.

He means well but we're in no hurry.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:48 pm
@MMarciano,
Ok, good.
You have serenity to add.
Love you, Marco.

I suppose it is time for me to shut up. Have to add a new printer, waaah.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 07:50 pm
@MMarciano,
I think one thing we all get is that there is going to be lots of love, lots of family time in your new home.

You'll bring the calm love, the princess will bring the crazy love. The dogs and tortoises and Antonio will benefit from all of the love.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 02:55 pm
Marco is right! He's a nut!

And he's weird too! Very Happy
jcboy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 05:00 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Really? I’m a nut? Hmmm I’m not the one with duct tape over my mouth, now go comb your hair! Cool
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I think one thing we all get is that there is going to be lots of love, lots of family time in your new home.

You'll bring the calm love, the princess will bring the crazy love. The dogs and tortoises and Antonio will benefit from all of the love.

Yes it will and thank you for that Beth.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 08:37 pm
Checking in on the moving saga! Very Happy
jcboy

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:56 pm
@margo,
Our escrow is set to close a week from today! We’re not ready to move yet, really haven’t packed much. We’ll probably move before the end of September.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 01:04 pm
@jcboy,
are you going to hire house removal service?
jcboy

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 01:09 pm
@Rockhead,
LOL yes but I can't seem to find one in the area Wink
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:27 pm
Our escrow closed today! We own the house together!

I talked with my real state friend and he’s going to take over this house the first of October, we’re not in any hurry, have too many things to do!
Keith424

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:33 pm
@jcboy,
Congrats boys, just in time for the hurricane , Very Happy