Carlie Found

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
So it is good that she went willing. Good for her. See where going willing got her?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:08 pm
She was 11 freaking years old for christ sakes. The man probably told her he'd kill her if she put up a fight. Do you have any kids? Do you know how an 11 year old girl thinks?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:13 pm
I have firends that have 11 year olds.

Okay so he tells her he is going to kill her if she puts up a fight, right? What happened then? She didn't put up a fight, so he kills her later.

Either her parents never told her or she decided not to, but it is about 85% chance you go in the car willingly you will die. Don't get in the car. I even knew that when I was that young. It is what you have to tell your kids. They didn't tell her she didn't do it she went into the car willingly, no matter what he said, and then her fate was sealed.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:23 pm
Montana, there are many ruses and snares to lure an 11-year old girl. She is innocent and trusting. If I could fault anyone here, it would be the parents. She should have been picked up at her friend's house and taken home.

You are right in that all children should be taught the lures and the stories. But parents can't keep up with the bad people. They can only try. And do their best to protect.

There is a book Srong on Defense by a man who has taught self-defense and protection. If you knew all he knew, and worked and practiced, you might just save your life or the lives of your family members. We cannot protect our children from everything.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:23 pm
How do you know what her parents told her? It doesn't matter what the parents said, the fear still could have taken over and she didn't know what to do. Unless you have kids of your own, you can't possibly know how an 11 year old thinks.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:25 pm
Kara
The parents can't be to blame either.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:30 pm
They can be.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:37 pm
They can be. And they can't be. They will blame themselves and perhaps they should. And they will learn, but it is too late. How often do we learn things too late? Almost every time.

There is no way to find a neat solution to things that happen. We can go back and replay the tape endlessly. We can turn and twist our actions. We can imagine how we could have done it better.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:59 pm
I am just beside myself to see where anyone but the killer can be to blame here!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:02 pm
Everyone is partially to blame. But the killer has the bigger portion.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:13 pm
So, if I kept my doors unlocked like many do in my area, I would be to blame if someone came into my home and killed my family?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:16 pm
If that is how they get in, yes.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:21 pm
Since I was born and raised in Mass, I always keep my windows and doors locked to the surprise of many people living in my area, so what if someone brakes the lock, comes into my home and kills my family. Am I still to blame because I don't have a security system?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:39 pm
I wouldn't blame you, no. But that is the answer you are looking for. May you have fun with it and all the glory it brings you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:42 pm
Huh!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:43 pm
I'm just trying to make a point and I can assure you that there is no glory at all for me where this subject is concerned!!!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:01 pm
Now now, we all know the little slut wanted it! In fact, she probably killed herself and framed him! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:09 pm
Christian love is a wunnerful thing . . .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:11 pm
Oh my God!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:13 pm
Just the extrapolation of BM's coments.
0 Replies