Carlie Found

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:47 pm
Ok, I thought you were saying that she hadn't been raped. I misunderstood.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 01:34 pm
This is going to sound really mean. But oh well. I heard the Dad give a comment on the News about how he blames the police department for not keeping him off the streets. Which I understand. It is irritating but the police are not to blame. The arrested him 13 times, or so, it was the legal system that let him go. That can also be that the D.A. was not very good in keeping him behind bars. But that's the past. You can't harp on the past.

My problem is that he is putting all the blame on the police and when I watch that video I see her going with him voluntarily. He does grab her arm and sort of guide her but he doesn't drag her. And whatever he says to her it doesn't take but a few seconds so it isn't elaborate. She was dumb. She is dead but that was very stupid on her part. The police can be blamed for some but not all of this. Half is her fault. She could have prevented this from every occurring. He didn't have a weapon, he was the only one (seen). She didn't put up a fight and was stupid enough to go with him into his car. She doesn't even know him. That is baffles me how stupid that is.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:12 pm
BlueMonkey, The entire situation is bizarre, and of course, it is natural to try and fix the blame somewhere. It appears now, that the community is beginning to instruct their children in the art of self defense, but more importantly to me, it is the art of running to beat hell that should be the basic instruction. The system fails often, and when it does, we should all practice the art of future situations instead of dissecting the useless art of hindsight.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:19 pm
They had a sick puppy on NBC - lastnight. - He kidnapped the girls and help them up to 3 years, he is one sick dude!!!!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 03:26 pm
Husker, That sounds like fiction, doesn't it. Well, I haven't seen any updates as yet, but should any of you hear anything, please let us know.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 04:13 pm
BlueMonkey
It is true that she went with the abductor. However, since we have no idea what he said to her we will never know why. As far as being on the street we hear about similar situations here in NYCity on an ongoing basis. IMO a good part of the problem is related to plea bargaining. That pratice needs to be reviewed and reworked.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:02 pm
au, we must try and put ourselves in the same position. Should you find yourself in a similar situation, what would you do? Tonight, I heard on the local news that the judge who allowed Joseph Smith to be back on the streets, has been getting threatening messages.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:09 pm
Letty
I do not understand your question.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:40 pm
Well, au. Suppose for a moment that you were accused of a crime. Suddenly, you realized that to plea bargain would be a lot easier than fighting your way through the courts. In other words, you would sacrifice truth for expediency. It has been done, Au.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 05:52 pm
Letty
The plea bargain is in most cases an advantage to the accused particularly when they are guilty. The problem is not in the accused taking it but with the prosecutors who offer it.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 07:56 pm
<<Psst. Letty. Which words of Donne...?>>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 08:35 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
This is going to sound really mean. But oh well. I heard the Dad give a comment on the News about how he blames the police department for not keeping him off the streets. Which I understand. It is irritating but the police are not to blame. The arrested him 13 times, or so, it was the legal system that let him go. That can also be that the D.A. was not very good in keeping him behind bars. But that's the past. You can't harp on the past.

My problem is that he is putting all the blame on the police and when I watch that video I see her going with him voluntarily. He does grab her arm and sort of guide her but he doesn't drag her. And whatever he says to her it doesn't take but a few seconds so it isn't elaborate. She was dumb. She is dead but that was very stupid on her part. The police can be blamed for some but not all of this. Half is her fault. She could have prevented this from every occurring. He didn't have a weapon, he was the only one (seen). She didn't put up a fight and was stupid enough to go with him into his car. She doesn't even know him. That is baffles me how stupid that is.

You're right in saying that the police are not the ones to blame. The police did their job by arresting the creep 13 times, but it was the courts who continued to set him free.

This was an 11 year old girl and you're calling her stupid because she went with the man, but did it ever occur to you that he may have told her that he had a weapon and that he'd kill her if she didn't go along. When he was accused of attacking another womam, the woman said that he told her he'd cut her throat.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:44 am
It doesn't matter. Never, never go with anyone into their car. It is a prove fact that once you get in it is most likely you will not live. Case in point. They say, "I slit your throat" just to get you to go along without screaming. He wouldn't have done anything in that public area. He wanted her in private. She could have gotten away without a scratch.

Just because she isn't a vitcim doesn't mean she is stupid. It is horrible what he did, but she could have prevented it from occuring.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:14 am
Good morning, all.

Kara ".....every man's death diminishes me, because I am a part of mankind: therefore send not to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee..."(I think those are the words)

It appears that as a result of Carlie's death, new laws will be forthcoming to tighten the reins on parolees.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:21 am
Ah, yes, of course. Great truths in that meditation.
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 07:44 pm
Letty wrote:
You know, folks. I saw Joseph's mug shot on the news tonight. Quite frankly, he didn't appear to look like the guy on the video.

How did the victim's DNA get in his car then? You might want to take another look, a hard look.

Tantor
Editor For Life
Conservative Propaganda
Edit (Moderator): Please do not employ links or images in signature lines
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 07:48 pm
It's wrongheaded to blame the victim. She's an eleven year old girl. He's an adult. Any good kid is going to naturally respect what an adult says. He only has to say something that confuses her for a few seconds to get her in his car. Then, resistance is futile.

The pedophile is to blame. Only him. Him alone.

Tantor
Editor For Life
Conservative Propaganda
Edit (Moderator): Please do not employ links or images in signature lines
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 08:59 pm
You're absolutely right Tantor.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:00 pm
It is true she is young and he is a pedophile, but she did not fight him. I don't care what he said. I don't care if he said her mother is dead and we have to go to the hospital. She did not know him.

She did not know him. Do you listen to someone you don't know? 11 years old is old enough to know who to listen to and who to not. She doesn't get all the blame, but I do blame her for not trying to get away.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:02 pm
that's absurd BlueMonkey!!!
0 Replies