Carlie Found

kjvtrue

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:30 am
Letty wrote:
Well, Au, I could quote scripture, but I won't.<smile>. suffice it to say, that our children are us, and we don't behave with cool, detached mind when something so terrible has befallen them. I know that Noddy didn't agree with the source of the quote: "When we have children, they become hostages to fate." but that doesn't matter who said it, it is quite true.
Are these the scriptures, your talking about?
Quote:
Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
(Whole Chapter: Exodus 21 In context: Exodus 21:23-25)

Numbers 35:31
Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death.
(Whole Chapter: Numbers 35 In context: Numbers 35:30-32)

Deuteronomy 19:21
And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
(Whole Chapter: Deuteronomy 19 In context: Deuteronomy 19:20-22)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:36 am
Can't quote chapter and verse, but the admonition was clear:

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:42 am
au1929 wrote:
kjvtrue
kjvtrue
Your comments are usually so ridiculous as to be comical. You continue to confuse and amuse Embarrassed . This is not a joke topic.
"No, DUH, Sherlock!"
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:43 am
And the beat goes on!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:45 am
Meanwhile, back to the topic. No bond granted for Smith.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:49 am
Letty wrote:
Can't quote chapter and verse, but the admonition was clear:

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.
Indeed it is his, but we must be useful to him, and do his good will.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:58 am
Of course, the "Christians" conveniently ignore things like "Turn the other cheek," and "Love your neighbor as yourself." I suggest all Christians be executed, then we can have some peace in the world.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 12:12 pm
Hmmmm. This is NOT a religious thread....soooooooooo.

We'll just stick to the constitution:

Cruel and unusual punishment
Separation of church and state
Innocent until proven guilty.

I will add this bit. Aileen Wuornos, before being executed by lethal injection, said that she needed to die.

later, folks
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:15 pm
One of the things that really bugs me about the legal system is that the victim will be picked apart while the accused gets to hide behind the law. For example: A rape victims life will be picked apart by the defense as they will dig up all the dirt on the victim they possibly can to make them look as dirty as possible, while the accused is protected by certain laws. Unless the accused takes the witness stand, the prosecution is not able to bring their past criminal record into it, meaning that the jury is blind to the criminal past of the accuse. This is something that needs to be changed, in my opinion.
This bastard has attacked other women and got off on a charge of attacking a women where there were actually witnesses. They say that one of those witnesses was a police officer and the jury let this guy walk. Then when the parasite was out on parol for a previous offense and was arrested on a drug charge, the judge let him walk after the parol officer asked the judge to lock him up. If that judge had locked him up as he was suppose too by law, Carlie would still be alive today. This bastard was arrested 13 times since 1993 and they just kept putting him back on the streets.

This **** just makes my f@cking blood boil!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:23 pm
hobitbob
Quote:
Of course, the "Christians" conveniently ignore things like "Turn the other cheek," and "Love your neighbor as yourself." I suggest all Christians be executed, then we can have some peace in the world.

Aren't you a Christian? Isn't there something about casting the first stone? Surprised
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:25 pm
Well, Montana. I'm certain that the defense will try that approach, but I don't think it will go very far seeing that Carlie was only eleven years old. Don't believe that she could have much of a past.

Did you see the interview with Smith's ex? My guess is that the defense will use the drug problem.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:34 pm
I'm not saying that he'll get off this time, but it's the fact that they kept letting him walk that gets me. They waited until this monster snuffed the life out of an innocent little girl before they decided that this man should be taken seriously.

I didn't see the interview with his ex and I don't thing the defense will get anywhere with the drug problem. This guy will no doubt be found guilty for this terrible crime, but it's too little, too late for the little girl who will never see what her future held and for her family/friends to have to live with this for the rest of their lives.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:43 pm
Well, the interview with his ex wife was interesting. She said that he was not a violent man except when he was under the influence of drugs. If the defense could show that he was "temporarily insane", or some thing, he could be institutionalized. No one would ever argue the point that the man should never have been let out.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 04:56 pm
I think the defense will have a very hard time trying to play that card since the victim is an 11 year old girl. In a case like this one, the defense doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:04 pm
Well, honey. If the man is guilty I hope you are right, but regardless of the victim's age, should it be found that the man could not tell right from wrong..............................................

Gots to go....later.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:59 pm
Does that intoxicated beyond knowing right from wrong thing "stick" often in the States? I know your "insanity" definition is much looser than ours.

I had several clients, in me Corrections days, who tried the intoxicated defence. Didn'a work for any of them - partly because they already had offences where intoxication had played a part - and it seemed to be judged that they were aware of the risk. Of course, they used it to clear themselves of the offences in their own minds - which was a worry, because they were pretty horrendous crimes.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:19 pm
Deb, in Vino Veritas? It seems to me that I recall the Romans never accepted that as an excuse for murder or any other heinous crimes, but what does them Italians know.<smile>

I saw on the news tonight, that the cause of death for Carlie has not been revealed, nor that she was raped.

Run, scream, kick, bite, do anything save lie down and die.

Tightly closing my eyes..holding on to my rose....resisting the urge to quote John Donne....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:22 pm
It's quite a long shot Deb. It's very rare that it sticks in any kind of a case.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:24 pm
Letty
Are they saying now that she wasn't raped? They weren't saying anything about it before.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:42 pm
Montana. No one has said anything about anything. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
0 Replies