Is that stuff that JTT says about America true?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:27 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

JTT wrote:

How about actually holding American presidents who commit these war crimes to account.

Who are the presidents that we should hold to account?

Oh, we could sart with Geo. Washinton and Tom Jefferson, both slave-owners; then bring Andy Jackson to task for forcing the Cherokee onto the 'trail of tears' which forced them to move out to what is now Oklahoma; go on to -- Polk, was it? -- who took over half of Mexico and added it on to the U.S. of A. We should certainly impeach old Abe Lincoln posthumosly for having had the temerity to suspend habeas corpus and a few other Constitutional guarantees during that war we had between ourselves. There's no shortage of American presidents who deserve to face a judge and jury. 44 of 'em, I believe is the latest count.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

GracieGirl wrote:

JTT wrote:

Yes, America as a nation does sanction these things because America as a nation, and America as a people know what is going on, what has gone on and they do nothing to stop it.

What they do do, and do well, is attack people who bring these things to light.

What do you want us to do JTT? How are we suppose to stop it?

Just had an image flash into my mind of young Gracie poised on one knee within a small circle of light in the middle of a darkened stage. Gracie is facing the audience but looking upwards to the theater's ceiling. Her hands are clutched tightly together, just before her chest and while there are no tears on either cheek, her eyes are welling and glisten. She pauses for the briefest moment and then calls out in the plaintive voice of a 13 year old girl:

What do you want us to do JTT?

How are we supposed to stop it?

Putting her hands on the floor before her, she closes her eyes and bows her head.

I'm thinking at this point JTT enters stage left and begins singing the show-stopper of the play "What They Do Do and Do So Well."

Are you making fun of me?
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Oh! So, all American presidents suck. Rolling Eyes

(sigh)
maxdancona

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:51 pm
@GracieGirl,
All presidents are human.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:52 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Oh! So, all American presidents suck. Rolling Eyes

(sigh)

Apparently so. According to JTT anyway.
Drunk
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:07 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Gracie, there is a lot of truth to what JTT says even though it's hard to concentrate on the facts when he's ranting.
A2K is a wonderful place to sift through differing opinions.
I urge you to read Joe's post which is highlighted above. It was in reply to Tico on the Bush and Chaney Tried For War Crimes thread.

When I was 18 I lived in Madrid Spain where one could be arrested for discussing politics. I'll never forget the every-day fear we lived under.

The US is a great country because even though it has done some shameful things, there are still avenues to discuss our short comings.

Keep your mind open Gracie...

Thanks panzade! Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:13 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Keep your mind open Gracie
Amen, and keep pushing to allow in as much truth as you can stand.

Absolutely.
Google can be your friend in this situation.
If someone starts 'quoting' facts to you, really.. all you have to do is type what they have quoted into google and go from there. You will always get a few different answers when you do that but it will give YOU several different angles on any subject. A little more sleuthing and you can find fact from fiction . Google is amazing so long as you remember a lot of the info you may find will come form an individual . You can find direct quotes from A2K in google search...so always look at the source, THEN question question question.

Thanks shewolfe!
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:34 pm
Hmm. There's no way Im reading this whole thread. Im getting bored and a little annoyed. I've learned enough anyways. Thanks guys! Aside from the ranting, bullying and back and forth arguing there's been lots of great info here. Wink

America's not as great and perfect as I thought but neither is any other country, apparently. There's nothing I can do to stop war crimes. The governments gonna do what it wants, so I dont wanna worry about it anymore right now. I love America and I've seen America and Americans do great things to help other countries. So, Im just gonna focus on that. I'll google any other questions I have someday and make my own opinions like some of you've told me.

Thanks guys! Bye-Bye! Post away if you want, but Im done with this thread. Mr. Green Smile Wink
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:08 pm
@GracieGirl,
Come to Canada... We are pretty close to perfect... lol
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:17 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
Come to Canada... We are pretty close to perfect... lol

Now the Canadians Indians might dissagree with that statement see the Canadian government removing children as late as the 1960s from Indians families. Drunk
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:26 pm
@BillRM,
50 years later...
thack45

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:29 pm
@Ceili,
But the guilt is supposed to last forever, apparently. 'Least here in the States.
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:31 pm
@thack45,
Guilt is great if you do something with it. We have and are... Regardless the class idiot always has to take the contrary position.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:34 pm
@Ceili,
Oh and you are claiming your Indians have no complains since then?

Did I not hear not all that long ago that some of them block roadways/bridges arm with rifles threatening to engage in arm conflict with your government?

Sorry I never gotten the details as like most Americans I am not all that interests in your country goings on.
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:35 pm
@BillRM,
Bill you dumb ****, if your not interested, then be your normal ignorant self.
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:37 pm
@thack45,
Given that a large percent of the children ripped from their family and culture in the 1960s are alive I do not think you can so lightly dismiss the harm done to them as a matter of the dim past.
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:42 pm
@BillRM,
Do you really want to get into a war of disgustingness? Trail of tears, slavery, gitmo... Residential schools are our burden, at least we have apologized and fifty years later... Anything else you want to compare. Ask the homeless vets who wander your streets or ask the indians in the states... oh right, you'd have to find 'em first. They don't exist in many places because the were eradicated. Next...
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:43 pm
@Ceili,
My my an this is from a citizen of a nearly perfect nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least the French Canadians are not threatening to break away from your perfect nation at the moment and others areas are not now talking about if the French Canadians do so they might try to talk the US into allowing them to join the US as states.

Somehow the word perfect and Canada seems not to go together too well.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:44 pm
@GracieGirl,
Not really. Do you feel like I am?
Ceili

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:45 pm
@BillRM,
huh, try typing in english.. If you knew anything about Canada, you'd know that the french/english thing is over. Idiot.