Is that stuff that JTT says about America true?

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 07:18 am
I have always found JTT to be an extremist. Extremists tend to be Drama Queens. They often have some truth in what they are preaching, but as with all preaching, we tune it out after a few minutes because unless you too are an extremist it just seems extreme. I also don't believe an extremist can ever really know the whole truth because they are blinded by their personal convictions and agenda. What I really find amusing is when I have agreed with JTT on an issue he is so rabid that he thinks I'm not agreeing with him and feels the need to write a bunch of paragraphs as to why I don't know what I'm talking about. I admit I mostly keep him on ignore as I no longer have the patience to read his rants. He's the only liberal on this forum that I have done that to. You can make your own conclusions, Gracie, by doing your own research.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 07:35 am
@Green Witch,
Some of it is true but JTT is such an extremeist that most dont pay much attention to him/her. We have been much more moral than most great nations.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 07:47 am
@RABEL222,
I agree.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:20 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
We need to acknowledge this but going crazy about it doesn't do any good.

Demanding that your government stop the terrorism and the resulting war crimes is hardly going crazy about it, Max. It's been unrelenting for well over a century.

It's really quite amazing that it took a 13 year old girl, albeit, one who has shown herself to be much more the adult, to address these issues in any honest fashion.

Did Simon Wiesenthal take the Nazi atrocities to an absurd extreme? Did he go crazy about it by keeping it as front and center as he could?

Still all we get are apologists for war crimes. How about actually holding American presidents who commit these war crimes to account. What, in heaven's name is extreme about that?

No one is ever held to account. Now that's crazy!

There's been any number of people over the years denying that the US is a terrorist nation, that the US doesn't commit war crimes and none of you taking the "logical" route have mounted any challenges. It's stone cold silence or damn close to it.

Quote:
I have found that the most effective voices appeal to the good of America to address the bad.

Good plan, but it doesn't happen, here at A2K, in this microcosm of the US, or in the larger US community.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:26 am
@Green Witch,
JTT is his own worst enemy.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:29 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
What I really find amusing is when I have agreed with JTT on an issue he is so rabid that he thinks I'm not agreeing with him and feels the need to write a bunch of paragraphs as to why I don't know what I'm talking about.

I found out that if you agree in part or completely with JTT, it makes no difference. Neither would satisfy JTT. Obsession is mentally unhealthy. It is impossible to have a normal conversation with obsessive people.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:34 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Rabel: We have been much more moral than most great nations.

Quote:
I agree.

Now you two are just making excuses. What part of,

"The U.S. is the only country that was condemned for international terrorism by the World Court and that rejected a Security Council resolution calling on states to observe international law. It continues international terrorism. That example’s the least of it."

don't you understand?

And as Professor Chomsky so accurately notes "[T]hat example's the least of it."

There no discussion when the CIA plants a bomb outside a Mosque that kills, and is intended to kill, innocent men, women and children. There's no discussion when the CIA and your presidents take direct action to destroy countries, to inflict unimaginable suffering upon, again, innocent men, women and children.

Your arguments are so lame, they are so apologist in nature. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself, leaving this up to a 13 year old girl who has exhibited more intellectual honesty than any of the "adults" here at A2K.

After somewhere in the range of 6 to 8 million killed by the direct and indirect actions of US governments, you can hardly lay any claims, at least in any honest fashion, to any degree of morality.

It's immoral to ignore the carnage as you do.
wayne

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:47 am
@JTT,
And just what are you doing about it JTT?
I don't see anyone on this thread disagreeing with anything other than you're self-serving obsession.
If you care so much, get out of your chair and take some action.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.
What's your solution JTT? We'd love to hear about your solution JTT.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:51 am
@wayne,
Quote:
I don't see anyone on this thread disagreeing with anything

You're as blind as a bat, Wayne.

I doubt you've read the stuff and if you had you'd be able to grasp that this just ain't about me. But nice try.

You want a solution. A good start would be to act like the adults you are supposed to be and demand that those criminals be held to account. Is that really such an outlandish idea?

Look at the tags for dog's sake - America, Politics, Curiosity, Us Politics, US Politics

That'll ensure that all this is shoved deep down the rabbit hole, way out of sight and further out of mind.

wayne

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 08:59 am
@JTT,
Ok Jtt, step right up and demand they be held to account.
Let's hear a workable plan JTT. Tell us where to start JTT.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:05 am
@wayne,
You are an adult, are you not, Wayne?

Just one small suggestion. Stop the threads trumpeting the grand desire for y'all to see people across the planet gain freedom and justice and democracy, when it's y'all that has been thwarting their efforts all along.

Start some threads that describe the war crimes, the ongoing terrorism that the US is daily engaged in against so many around the globe.

Use some imagination, use some of those adult smarts that are being sorely wasted trying to shoot a messenger.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:11 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
I started a thread, after some urging from folks like you who wanted to talk about the great things the US has done. The thread is empty. Don't you think that that is rather odd?

I don't think that's odd in the least. Considering the fact that you're one of the most widely ignored members of this forum, as well as the fact that your two favorite hobby horses -- America's war crimes and grammarians' language crimes -- have been thoroughly beaten to death by you, I'm surprised when anyone responds to your threads.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:22 am
@joefromchicago,
That's awfully telling of you, Joe. Talk about being disingenuous. If there is so much that the US does that's great, why wouldn't folks be ready to describe those things.

Again, this ain't about me, though you're trying your damndest to make it so.

Odd that you missed that it was other folks, not me, who requested such a thread.

Quote:
America's war crimes and grammarians' language crimes -- have been thoroughly beaten to death by you,

And still, we get nonsense about both.

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:26 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

That's awfully telling of you, Joe. Talk about being disingenuous.

How so?

JTT wrote:
If there is so much that the US does that's great, why wouldn't folks be ready to describe those things.

I'm sure they talk about all the great things America has done, just not on your threads. That's because they can't see your threads. You know, because of that ignore thing I was talking about.

JTT wrote:
Again, this ain't about me, though you're trying your damndest to make it so.

Your inability to get your message across is most definitely all about you.

JTT wrote:
Odd that you missed that it was other folks, not me, who requested such a thread.

I don't recall any such thread. Can you provide a link?
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:39 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
How so?

By trying to make this about me. By bringing in the issue of grammar and language. Complete red herrings.

How can you hope to stop the carnage if you're silent about it. Silence is acquiescence.

Quote:
I'm sure they talk about all the great things America has done, just not on your threads. That's because they can't see your threads. You know, because of that ignore thing I was talking about.

Now there you go being disingenuous again. Care to make some extraneous comments about grammar or some other inanity?

Quote:
Your inability to get your message across is most definitely all about you.

I think that the responses from all the "adults" on this thread gives you a pretty good idea of the likelihood of anyone getting the message across.

Cataloging the facts of America's war crimes is not a message that resonates. Who has had any success in getting the message across? Iraq and Afghanistan illustrate that no one has because there is the same stone cold silence that has followed every other illegal invasion.

What talk there is is about the pains that poor ole America has suffered.

I'll check for the link. Hawkeye might know. He asked for it too.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:59 am
@GracieGirl,
JTT has explicitly repudiated logic in his earlier posts,
and he is clearly delusional; not likely to be able to distinguish
between his hallucinations and reality, but deeply, hatefully anti-American.

Nothing that he says has been credible.

I don 't believe that ANYONE in this forum has taken JTT seriously; not so far as I can remember.

David
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 10:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Dave, you still haven't addressed those questions that Gracie asked of you. How come?

Quote:
Nothing that he says has been credible.

Robert Gentel: if your question is whether America is guilty of various really bad things like war crimes then yes it is true.

Maxdancona: Read about the "Trail of Tears" where we forcibly moved entire communities of Native Americans simply because they were living on land we wanted and thousands of men women and children died in the process. This was a brutal crime by any standard.

Rabel: Some of it is true

Wayne: I don't see anyone on this thread disagreeing with anything

Dave, how can you lie so blatantly when the facts are right there proving you to be a liar?
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 10:17 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
I found out that if you agree in part or completely with JTT, it makes no difference.

A page right of of OmSig's book, JW. Point me to where you have ever addressed any of this in a fashion that wasn't propaganda aimed at making excuses for it.

Notice, just notice how everyone except Gracie wants to make this all about me. Who's the adult?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 10:21 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Dave, how can you lie so blatantly when the facts are right there proving you to be a liar?
Your question assumes facts not in evidence.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 10:24 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
It's immoral to ignore the carnage as you do.

You confuse the deeply personal decision to not rant hysterically on an internet forum with ignoring an issue.