Is that stuff that JTT says about America true?

Builder

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:25 am
@Setanta,
Santa wrote;
Quote:
Where are the other 22,000,000 supposed to go?

There's a rather unoccupied midwest region in the US of A, isn't there? I'd bet a dime to a dollar that there's no DU dust floating around out there.
Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:28 am
@Builder,
I didn't know Santa was posting in this thread. I guess he gets bored between Christmases. There is far more empty space between your ears than there is in the midwestern United States. Since i can see that you don't actually have a point, i leave you to jack off by yourself.
Builder

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:35 am
@Setanta,
Awwww, don't be letting Bubbala run you off so easily Santa. Hahahahahah.

Your point was, exactly?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:50 am
@Setanta,
Insert "us" between wants and out and that will convey my intent. But you knew that. Sorry.
Quote:
Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:52 am
@RABEL222,
No, i didn't know it at first and thought you were saying that they didn't want the country they have now. I did however, realize that as i was ready to submit my reply, but i thought, what the hell, and went with it anyway.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 11:46 am
@BillRM,
I posted pictures as you do not understand words. I tried to make it simple for you.

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/du_montana.jpg
http://www.gulfwarvets.com/du.htm

Quote:
Warning - 'Do Not Use
Depleted Uranium
Munitions Again'
12-30-2

By Dr. Doug Rokke Former U.S. Army's DU Team Health Physicist Former U.S. Army's DU Project Director

By George Angus Parker Formerly Sgt with the 1st Field Laboratory Unit, Biological-Warfare Detection Unit. Porton Down, Great Britain

Part 1: Dr. Rokke's comments

http://www.rense.com/general33/donot.htm

Quote:
U.S. Troops Exposed To Depleted Uranium during Gulf War

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/9-us-troops-exposed-to-depleted-uranium-during-gulf-war/

Quote:
US Army gave cancer warning over uranium

By Michael Smith, Defence Correspondent

12:00AM GMT 13 Jan 2001

CommentsComment

ADVICE issued by the US Army's leading medical body on the use of depleted uranium rounds confirms a British Army warning that ingesting the dust created on detonation would increase the risks of cancer.

The Royal Navy has been forced to stop using depleted uranium rounds in the Phalanx anti-missile cannon on 14 of its main warships after the United States Navy stopped using them because of safety fears. The American manufacturer no longer makes the rounds and Royal Navy supplies will run out by 2003, when Britain will switch to tungsten-tipped rounds that do not pose any safety risks. A Ministry of Defence spokesman said the change was due to "recent improvements in technology".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/1314649/US-Army-gave-cancer-warning-over-uranium.html

Quote:
US Army Film Warning Of Depleted Uranium Never Shown

Postby clocker bob on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:43 pm
This **** is so fucked. How bad can an illegal war be? Well, how about if you not only force soldiers to stay in using 'stop loss', you poison them and then try and fight them over their benefits?

http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24335&p=404803

Quote:
Hazards of Depleted Uranium Contamination Training DU Video | Engage Today

Engage Today, 18 April 2010, Between October and December 1995, the US Army’s Depleted Uranium (DU) Project completed a series of training videos and manuals about depleted uranium munitions. This training regimen was developed as the result of recommendations made in the January 1993 General Accounting Office (GAO) report, Army Not Adequately Prepared to Deal with Depleted Uranium Contamination. The training materials were intended to instruct servicemen and women about the use and hazards of depleted uranium munitions. In addition, the training regimen included instructions for soldiers who repair and recover vehicles contaminated by depleted uranium.

http://uranium-news.com/2010/04/19/video-u-s-army-warnings-on-depleted-uranium/

The Bushes have no regard for military fodder nor the Pentagon brass as they owe allegiance to the Defense contractors who will hire them as executives when they retire. Hell with the grunts. They signed up to die didn't they?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 11:53 am

Those glow-in-the-dark dials in the Abram tanks are filled with radioactive tritium. If the dials crack the soldiers are exposed to radiation. The armor on the tanks also contain DU. If the armor is hit they explode, the dust from the explosion is radioactive and the soldiers if careless would breathe in the fine dust and you have all kinds of health problems.
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 12:13 pm
@talk72000,
LOL as a kid I can remember glow in the dark radium dial watches and in fact had more then one of them.

Others then workers who used to paint the radium on the clocks and then wet the brushes with their tongues no one was ever been harm by such devices.

As far as radioactive tritium, if memory serve me correctly, it is still used on the sights of some handguns and rifles for better night shooting.

Oh is you are a soldier and are careless around any weapon system your life might not be all that long.

All in all you are a very very very silly person.
talk72000

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 12:26 pm
@BillRM,
I maybe wrong but the soldiers were probably not briefed on the dangers when they rushed into Iraq. GWB doesn't care for such niceties.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 12:48 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

LOL as a kid I can remember glow in the dark radium dial watches and in fact had more then one of them.

Others then workers who used to paint the radium on the clocks and then wet the brushes with their tongues no one was ever been harm by such devices.

Before you make your smug assertions you should check your facts.

Quote:
Many of the women later began to suffer from anemia, bone fractures and necrosis of the jaw, a condition now known as radium jaw. It is thought that the X-ray machines used by the medical investigators may have contributed to some of the sickened workers' ill-health by subjecting them to additional radiation. It turned out at least one of the examinations was a ruse, part of a campaign of disinformation started by the defense contractor. U.S. Radium and other watch-dial companies rejected claims that the afflicted workers were suffering from exposure to radium. For some time, doctors, dentists, and researchers complied with requests from the companies not to release their data. At the urging of the companies, worker deaths were attributed by medical professionals to other causes; syphilis was often cited in attempts to smear the reputations of the women. One of the workers, Peg Loone, died from radiation poisoning at the age of 24

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_Girls
Quote:
All in all you are a very very very silly person.

Try looking in a mirror.
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Before you make your smug assertions you should check your facts.

CAN YOU NOT READ???????........

Quote:
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:46 pm
@talk72000,
Soldiers work around and with devices that can bit them in the rear as that is the nature of their jobs.

Devices that can kill your enemies can also kill you if you made errors in handling them or your team mates made any errors or your luck is very bad that day.

Footnote as far as I can remember in desert storm one no allies tanks was destroy by enemy actions but friendly fire did end up destroying a numbers of allies tanks.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:56 pm
@talk72000,
Footnote if I was going to be going into an armor battle there is no other tank that would be safer to be in then a M1A1.

See the battle record for more details on the M1A1.
BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:12 pm
@BillRM,
No other tank grant it crew this level of protection in my opnion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_M1_Abrams

As the Abrams entered service in the 1980s, they would operate alongside M60A3 within the United States military, and with other NATO tanks in numerous Cold War exercises. These exercises usually took place in Western Europe, especially West Germany, but also in some other countries like South Korea. During such training, Abrams crews honed their skills for use against the men and equipment of the Soviet Union. However, by 1991 the USSR had collapsed and the Abrams would have its trial by fire in the Middle East.

The Abrams remained untested in combat until the Gulf War in 1991. A total of 1,848 M1A1s were deployed to Saudi Arabia. The M1A1 was superior to Iraq's Soviet-era T-55 and T-62 tanks, as well as Iraqi assembled Russian T-72s, and locally-produced copies (Asad Babil tank). The T-72s like most Soviet export designs lacked night vision systems and then-modern rangefinders, though they did have some night fighting tanks with older active infrared systems or floodlights—just not the latest starlight scopes and passive infrared scopes as on the Abrams. Only 23 M1A1s were taken out of service in the Gulf[2] and one of these losses resulted in crew deaths from Iraqi fire. Some others took minor combat damage, with little effect on their operational readiness. Very few Abrams tanks were hit by enemy fire, and there was only one fatality, along with a handful of woundings as a result.

The M1A1 was capable of making kills at ranges in excess of 2,500 meters (8,200 ft). This range was crucial in combat against tanks of Soviet design in Desert Storm, as the effective range of the main gun in the Soviet/Iraqi tanks was less than 2,000 meters (6,600 ft) (Iraqi tanks could not fire anti-tank missiles like their Russian counterparts). This meant Abrams tanks could hit Iraqi tanks before the enemy got in range—a decisive advantage in this kind of combat. In friendly fire incidents, the front armor and fore side turret armor survived direct APFSDS hits from other M1A1s. This was not the case for the side armor of the hull and the rear armor of the turret, as both areas were penetrated at least in two occasions by friendly DU ammunition during the Battle of Norfolk.[3]

Nearly all sources claim that no Abrams tank has ever been destroyed as a result of fire from an enemy tank, but some have certainly taken some damage which required extensive repair. There is at least one account, reported in the following Gulf War's US Official Assessment (scan), of an Abrams being damaged by three kinetic energy piercing rounds. The DoD report indicates that witnesses in the field claimed it was hit by a T-72 Asad Babil. The KE rounds were unable to fully penetrate and stuck in the armor, but because of the external damage it was sent to a maintenance depot. This is the only verified case of an M1A1 put out of action by an Iraqi MBT.[4]

Six other M1A1s were allegedly hit by 125 mm tank fire in the Gulf war official report, but the impacts were largely ineffectual.[5]

On the night of February 26, 1991, four Abrams were disabled in a suspected friendly fire incident by Hellfire missiles fired from AH-64 Apache attack helicopters, with the result of some crew members wounded in action.[6] The tanks were part of TF 1-37,[7] attacking a large section of Tawakalna Republican Guard Division, their numbers being B-23, C-12, D-24 and C-66. However, C-12 was definitively hit and penetrated by a friendly DU shot[8] and there is some evidence that another Iraqi T-72 may have scored a single hit on B-23, besides the alleged Hellfire strike (see Iraqi T-72 article).

Tanks D-24 and C-66 took some casualties as well[9] Only B-23 became a permanent loss. The DoD's damage assessments state that B-23 was the only M1 with signs of a Hellfire missile found nearby.[10]

Also during the Gulf war, three Abrams of the US 24th Infantry Division were left behind the enemy lines after a swift attack on Talil airfield, south of Nasiriyah, on February 27. One of them was hit by enemy fire, the two other embedded in mud. The tanks were destroyed by U.S. forces in order to prevent any trophy-claim by the Iraqi Army.[11
0 Replies

ryoung

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Thanks, I did just that right after I posted that reply. There is absolutly no reason to show pics like that on any topic no matter what you believe.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Of course not....you are a product of the American education system.

Are you American?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:35 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Yes, America as a nation does sanction these things because America as a nation, and America as a people know what is going on, what has gone on and they do nothing to stop it.

What they do do, and do well, is attack people who bring these things to light.

What do you want us to do JTT? How are we suppose to stop it?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:08 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

JTT wrote:

Yes, America as a nation does sanction these things because America as a nation, and America as a people know what is going on, what has gone on and they do nothing to stop it.

What they do do, and do well, is attack people who bring these things to light.

What do you want us to do JTT? How are we suppose to stop it?

Just had an image flash into my mind of young Gracie poised on one knee within a small circle of light in the middle of a darkened stage. Gracie is facing the audience but looking upwards to the theater's ceiling. Her hands are clutched tightly together, just before her chest and while there are no tears on either cheek, her eyes are welling and glisten. She pauses for the briefest moment and then calls out in the plaintive voice of a 13 year old girl:

What do you want us to do JTT?

How are we supposed to stop it?

Putting her hands on the floor before her, she closes her eyes and bows her head.

I'm thinking at this point JTT enters stage left and begins singing the show-stopper of the play "What They Do Do and Do So Well."
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:14 pm
@Green Witch,
Thanks Green Witch! Very Happy

I know Im late but I've trying to read and catch up on the read. Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:17 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

How about actually holding American presidents who commit these war crimes to account.

Who are the presidents that we should hold to account?