Dragon Slayer vs Ozzinator in the South Pacific

Irishk

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:42 pm
Things might liven up next week if Jim and Cochran can keep their alliance secret and get Dawn on board to vote out Elyse (Ozzy's gal pal). He'll freak...and that would be a huge move pre-merge.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:42 pm
@Irishk,
The show is a bit slow sometimes, and I definitely am missing the two regular challenges like they used to have. I'm still debating the merits of the whole RI thing.

One thing I will say is that the challenges are well-developed and nicely balanced, as to not needing brute strength, etc, for the most part. The exception, of course, was the weight carrying contest.

I'm still keeping my eyes on Albert. He appears to be quiet, or it's edited that way.
Irishk

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 08:12 am
@Reyn,
Did you catch the preview for next week? The reward/immunity challenge looks gross!! Especially if there are any vegetarians on the tribes LOL!
Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 08:50 am
@Irishk,
Yes - I think I'd rather see them eating bugs...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 05:17 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Did you catch the preview for next week? The reward/immunity challenge looks gross!! Especially if there are any vegetarians on the tribes LOL!

Yes, but I didn't catch what they're eating, but it looks quite awful!

I got a queasy stomach just looking at it. Shocked
Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 05:44 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
I'm still debating the merits of the whole RI thing.

They really need to rethink it. Some form of it could work, but as it is now I find it distracting- and not in a good way. At this stage I don't have enough interest in the people being voted off to care if they come back or not. Maybe it should be more of a wild card thing with the other contestants not knowing who will come back until they actually do. The surprise of who will return would prevent all the planning that went on last time.
Reyn

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 07:31 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
... Maybe it should be more of a wild card thing with the other contestants not knowing who will come back until they actually do. The surprise of who will return would prevent all the planning that went on last time.

I like the sounds of that idea! It's much better than what the set up is now.
Irishk

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:17 am
@Reyn,
Didn't you just love watching Matt rock the RI challenges last season, though? It really made Boston Rob squirm LOL....good TV.

GW's idea is even better...everyone on both tribes would be squirming! Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:49 am
@Reyn,
It looked like a big hunk of meat that they were grabbing chunks from with their mouths - I remember a similar challenge before. They had to grab those chunks and place them with mouth only onto a weight until one team met a certain weight.
Irishk

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:46 pm
@Linkat,
From the preview, I think their hand are tied behind their backs and they have to pass the meat (looks like some type of roasted boar or pig) mouth-to-mouth between the players. Double, triple and quadruple UGH! lol
Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 07:58 am
@Irishk,
Ah, okay, thanks guys. Bit of a gross challenge, but we will see.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 01:39 pm
@Irishk,
eweee that is a closeness I would not want...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:09 am
Pig shmig. Lotsa spit. Delish.

So they finally got rid of Elyse. A wise move. A wiser move would have been to get rid of Ozzy.

Green Witch

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 11:19 am
Ozzy might have knifed himself, we'll see. Usually what happens in the previews has nothing to do with next episode. There is no way you can survive as a "free agent" this early in the game - social interaction is the whole point of the game until you get to the final 3.

I hate it when grown-ups gloat, and Coach was gloating like twelve year old over that idol. What kind of coach gloats? Bad form.

I love it that Cochrain is still around. He might win just because everyone sees everyone else as a bigger threat. He just should not say the word "herpes" ever again.

RI is not working for me. They should dump it or change it. Maybe if Ozzy gets there it will be more interesting, but I'm fine with sending the others packing.
Irishk

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 07:17 pm
@Roberta,
Have to agree. Eliminating Ozzy would be better than alienating him. He's now toast either way, though.

I don't see either veteran winning this season.

Was nice to see Albert finally get some face time. Unfortunately his strong ties to Coach were outed, but he'd be a target at merge anyway.

Hated that challenge. Had to FF most of it....ewwwww.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 07:47 pm
@Green Witch,
Yeah, I thought it was hilarious with Ozzy and the free agent comment. Laughing

And, Coach is back to being the idiot he was in his last appearance in this show, in my opinion. Imagine, too, being so upset about being called Benjamin by Stacey. Rolling Eyes

I'm liking Cochrane, actually, and happy to see him still around. Hoping he'll be there for a while yet.

I agree with your RI comment. The only thing I like are the challenges. I thought the design of that last one was clever and well thought out. A real equaliser, too.

I thought the pig meat challenge was really lame. They can do so much better than that. It was just too gross to enjoy.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 06:57 pm
I wish they had voted out that little twit Brandon!
Irishk

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:10 pm
@jcboy,
Especially after he invited them to do it!

Sophie was right. They should be going for strength in numbers heading into the merge. They'll need to be even stronger since Christine has already indicated she plans to flip to Ozzy's tribe. If the next RI duel is physical, though, Mikayla has a good chance and I don't think she'll be as bitter as Christine.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:18 pm
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joe(sigh)Nation
Irishk

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 10:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
I kind of woke right up when shirtless Albert appeared on the scene. I guess that doesn't work for everyone Razz
0 Replies