The horror of Sept. 11th, 2001

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 11:25 pm
I am starting this discussion to remember all of those that lost their lives that day and to honor all the victims. None of them deserved what happened to them that horrible day. I wouldn't want anyone in any country to experience what happened.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 33 • Views: 55,208 • Replies: 998

manored

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 08:30 am
To be honest, im sick and tired of how much importance has been given to this event in the last 10 years. the USA then went on to wage and unjustified war where a much, much greater number of civilians were killed. Not to mention the hundreds or thousands that die every day out of poverty or civil war in weaker countries.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 09:06 am
@manored,
War is hell.

May those who died and whose families suffered mightily be honored for their losses.
Mame

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 04:51 pm
@manored,
Me, too.
chai2

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 05:19 pm
@Mame,
Me three.

So we remember them.
Now what?

Life moves on.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 05:35 pm
@trying2learn,
Quote:
I wouldn't want anyone in any country to experience what happened.

Other countries have been experiencing similar or worse senseless tragedy for centuries. 9/11 is just another tear in the river of human created suffering.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 08:38 pm
I think the 9/11 event was horrible and have sympathy for those who went through it, some still going through it.

But - I think the event was used to promote agendas almost from the first hours. That part I'm tired of, have been for a long time.

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:28 am
@trying2learn,
You all may be tired of "it" and just wait until they, the terrorists, attack another country in the magnitude they attacked us. None of those people, families, first responders or anybody deserved..lack of a better word...what happened to them. I truly believe the terrorists will attack again and omg what if it happens in England, Australia or France??
trying2learn

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:48 am
I don't want to argue with any one of you. This isn't about politics, it is about people, no matter which race or country. What happened was horrible and I can only hope it never happens again, in the United States or any other country.
manored

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 05:52 pm
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

You all may be tired of "it" and just wait until they, the terrorists, attack another country in the magnitude they attacked us. None of those people, families, first responders or anybody deserved..lack of a better word...what happened to them. I truly believe the terrorists will attack again and omg what if it happens in England, Australia or France??
Its not like 11/2001 was the first or the last terrorist attack, just the biggest.

trying2learn wrote:

I don't want to argue with any one of you. This isn't about politics, it is about people, no matter which race or country. What happened was horrible and I can only hope it never happens again, in the United States or any other country.
Disaster strikes humanity all the time, 11/2001 wasnt special in that regard.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:07 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

So we remember them.
Now what?
Monetize the memories, for one.
chai2

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:31 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

So we remember them.
Now what?
Monetize the memories, for one.

Tru dat.

chai(want to buy a commemorative coffee mug?)tea
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:48 pm
@trying2learn,
Quote:
what if it happens in England, Australia or France??

Huh? All these countries have experienced terrorism. In the case of England, many US cops and fireman even helped fund it through donations to the Irish Republican Army, or IRA.

The terrorists won this war the day Americans decided to let their groins be passively patted down in airport.
roger

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:12 pm
@Green Witch,
Yep. They won, but no big deal, huh.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:53 pm
@roger,
I think giving up our freedom and privacy because of government encouraged fear was a very big deal.
Mame

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:48 pm
@Green Witch,
Unless you can change it, you'll have to get used to it. We have no say anymore. I don't want to live another 30 years - God only knows what will be happening then - you'll be video-ed going in to your back garden, for heaven's sake.
StinkyPete

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:49 pm
@Mame,
Im in love with you Mame.

Marry me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 10:36 pm
@Green Witch,
And you're saying it all happened elsewhere, too, and that makes it all okay. That's all I can take away from your comments on the topic.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 10:50 pm
@trying2learn,
It happens to other countries all the time.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 12:49 am
@roger,
I'm not saying it's okay. I'm saying Americans act like they are the only ones who it has ever happened to. This is because they are ignorant of what is really going on in the world today and in history. T2T is giving you the perfect example by saying things like "what if this happened in..." I find statements like that typical of American ignorance and yes, stupidity. The worst thing about 9/11 is not that so many innocent people died but that Americans caved in and let fear master them. In the process we have lost many of our rights as individuals to move about freely. The so called Patriot Act is a piece of manipulative **** Stalin would be proud of and Americans go along with it because we are afraid of the big bad Muslims. Our government uses our prejudices and ignorance as an excuse to spend trillions of dollars to try and destroy people who can kill us with our own airplanes and blow up our military with a few wires, fertilizer and cell phones. In the meantime, corporations get the freedom to destroy us more slowly with their careless policies and greed. They even get tax breaks to help them do it more efficiently. I wish the 9/11 mourners would get a little more outraged about all the other injustices in the world so we might still be able to change a few things for the better. I mourn 9/11 because it has turned this country into a whining pile of scared mice who rolled over and let their government cow them through their fears and selfishness.

I agree with Mame. I'm glad I'm not any younger because humanity is going backwards.