What would your gut be telling you?

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 08:41 am
@saab,
If you read through anything at all you would realize the reason the stuck out was that they said something odd near the dad and son.

You know, the other day, with my kids in the car, we saw a man with a pony tail very fashionably pulled to the side with a red ribbon. He was also wearing a jean skirt and tights. I simply called him pecular. My gut told me he was peculiar.

Doesn't mean anything bad - but if you dress significantly different or act significantly different you stand out.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 08:57 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

I am neither a liar, overly naive, and idiot, or all three for not to seeing what sexual preferences people have of one single reason.
I am much more interested in a person than their sexual preferences. It is none of my business.
You are just the oposite, as you seem to be able to pick everybody as a gay, lesbian or not. You like to go to the swimmingpool and stare at people and pick out their sexual preferences. My gut tells me that is a bit weird.

So, you are much more interested in what someone is like, and it's none of your business. So what?

Does that preclude you observing the entire package?
Point out to me where I have ever said that one aspect of person makes the entire person.
Seriously...go back, look over all my posts here, ****, all my posts on A2K, and point out to me where I've ever indicated that observing one trait of a person means that's all the person is to me.

You're more interested in the person than their sexual preference? Is not a persons sexual preference part of that person?
Why should that, or any aspect in describing a person, be given short shift?
It's none of my business either, but that doesn't make it not there.
That's why it's called an observation....

Yes, you have me pegged down to the T saab. It's actually scary how you have picked up that my life revolves around sitting around the pool and tagging people.

Oh wait.....could it be....I know this sound crazy, could it be that maybe I was watching one of them because he reminded me of this one time I saw a bald guy in a store, and he was buying rye bread?
Maybe I was relating to the little boy as in "my sister has a daughter". Or maybe the whole experience of being at the pool was reminding of a time when I was sitting in the water of a bathtub. Maybe I was looking at the 2nd guy and unconciously thinking "I saw a man that looked like him last week, that was driving a blue car. Only difference is that guy was 20 years older and had a beard"

Wow, you sure were sharp picking up on the truth.

saab, I salute you.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 09:07 am
@saab,
Kinda like calling the kettle black aren't ya - making judgement calls without even knowing Chai - and on top of that without completely reading through what is written here.

saab

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 10:17 am
@Linkat,
before I even answered here I read the whole thing about four times and thinking about it,
Chai starting attacking me with words of ******* for Chjrist sake and other words I would never have used.
But as it often is on a2k if you have another opinion than a person you are answered with **** and **** other f-words.
Guess that is the difference between real life and a2k as I never meet that kind of language in real life.
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 10:30 am
@saab,
I wasnt ******* for christs sake to you, aidan or anyone else saab.
Believe it or not, it's not all about you.

It was me expressing disbelief as to how some people seem willing to sacrifice their children in order to appease the PC gods.

You must live in a remarkable world where no one talks like that. Or else it's something else you're not particularly observant about.

If you read everything about 4 times, your comprehension is very poor, since you absorbed about 5% of what I was saying.

That isn't my gut saying that about you saab, but looking at how much has been said, and how much you retained and understood.
Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 10:33 am
@saab,
Well you must have mis-read because from what I read she simply wanted to be a pro-active parent and watch out for suspicious behavior. I read that she noted these guys were gay in part that she couldn't tell if they were into the dad and yes there is common traits that many (not all) gays have (that can translate also to metrosexuals.

Watching and being viligent to protect a child is actually a healthy thing.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 10:35 am
@chai2,
To be completely and utterly politcially incorrect - is saab a f- queer? Maybe why reacting that way.
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 10:57 am
@Linkat,
You know what some of this PC crapola of "well we just don't know, it might be that...." reminds me of?

And this is really funny, because I actually had someone say this to me the other day....hadn't actually heard this phrase in years.... here it comes....wait for it....

"Some of my best friends are black."

AAARRGGHHHH!!!

In fact, here's this website that perfectly expresses that...

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/

Just substitue the words "gay"

Oh...I could never tell if someone is gay....to me we're all the same.
Oh...I thought wandell was gay, since he sang showtunes. I guess I think all gays sing show tunes.

We're all exactly alike, I can't tell the difference between anyone! Yay!
In fact, about half the time when I would let a guy know I was interested in him, he'd have to tell me he was gay, because I just couldn't tell!

I wonder how gay people find other gays to date? I mean, they must run into the same problem, always asking someone out, only to learn from them "Sorry Joe, I'm straight."
How embarrassing, but I mean it must happen all the time, because how in the world could a gay person tell if another person is gay, unless they said so point blank?

Wow, even if they went to a gay bar, you really couldn't be sure. I mean, you could be trying to pick someone up, and the other person would say "Hey! Why are you assuming I'm gay just because I'm here? There's a lot of other reasons I could be here you know. Maybe I just felt like being here.

It's all just so ambiguous.

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:11 pm
@chai2,
The gays don't like us - they keep voting us down.

Sorry that the politically correct does not have common sense.

So just now when I walked out for lunch - I work near some of the ferry services. The most popular one is the ferry to provincetown. For those not familar - not meaning any offense - it is a highly gay area (and I don't mean happy gay).

So I always and this afternoon no different that a high percentage of these passenagers waiting to board appear very gay. Some even are holding hands (two men that is) - I always assume these men are gay - maybe I shouldn't as they are not kissing on the lips.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:15 pm
Chai and Linkat,
Please calm down. Between the two of you, you have written 10 posts in response to 2 posts written by saab.
Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:18 pm
@wandeljw,
Quiet please - we know you are gay - afterall you sing show tunes!

And they were not all in response to him - some were in support of good old common sense.
saab

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:45 pm
This has nothing to do with being PC or not or being gay or not.
The amount of pedophiles amongst homosexual men and hetero sexual men is about the same, something like 1% of the male population.
When it comes to women - no matter of sexual preference - it has been more difficult to define when a woman is misusing a child or young person and can be called a pedophile.
In Sweden out of 700 people who were suspects for sexual misconduct against children 30% were the childĀ“s father, 20% were a grown friend of the family and 40% were unknown to the child.

When it happens within the family it often goes on over several years.

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:51 pm
@saab,
Did you not, again, read anything - the whole point Chai was making and trying to explain to you - that she not equate homosexuals to pedophiles.

You were the one to mention it.

She mentioned they appeared to be gay. And thought possibly they were checking out the dad.

Then it looked odd their reaction to the child.

Just a coincidence they COULD be gay and/or pedophiles. Not that they were both or either.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:54 pm
@wandeljw,
Actually being a numbers person - Chai had only 2 directed at saab; me I had 3 and Saab had 3 posts.
Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:55 pm
@Linkat,
But since then you can add one more to saab and another one to me towards saab.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:56 pm
@Linkat,
Yes, are how are you in the position to quelch us?

What do we want?

COMMON SENSE!

When do we want it?

YESTERDAY!

Ok, here's my totally unPC commet for the day (linkat, you're going to love this)

All this pc bullshit has turned us all into a bunch of pussies!

When did we loose the ability to put 2 and 2 together and get 4, and didn't have defend ourselves to others who get 3 or 5, because it's in the best interest for them to make us doubt ourselves?

Pedophiles for instance, and NO, not gays....I'm just not going to discuss this gayness thing anymore.
I'm talking about any pedophile, straight or gay. Or anyone that's doing something wrong.

In whose interest is it to make everyone doubt what they are seeing, intuiting, feeling in their gut?

If I were a pedophile, you could bet your ass I'd be loving this thread, encouraged how we're so afraid to keep our eyes open and see what's really there, and how willing we are to accept any other reason other than something fishy is happening.

Yes, I did ask what people's guts were telling them.
But, I'm discouraged because so many have chosen to read only bits and pieces.
Tell me what you gut feels, by envisioning what I described.
Damned if I do describe in detail, damned it I don't.

No, this man was not looking wistfully at the little boy. I attempted to describe the scene, to a major fail. It was not a good situation.

I could see peoples feeling other gut responses if I had not described the look, the non-committed relationship interplay, etc. etc. But I did.

Stop being stupid to avoid facing the reality.

A LOT more children get sexually abused than someone getting punched in the nose because of a misunderstanding.

A LOT more.

Score one for the pedophiles.

chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:57 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

This has nothing to do with being PC or not or being gay or not.
The amount of pedophiles amongst homosexual men and hetero sexual men is about the same, something like 1% of the male population.

Jesus H. Christ saab.
Have I not said that?

Have I not said that?

Have I not said that?

Oh forget it...wait....I'll give it one more try....

Have I not said said?
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 01:00 pm
Linkat

Because you're a numbers person...

Do me a favor and look over this thread, and tell saab how many times I have said being gay and being a pedophile is not related.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 01:08 pm
@chai2,
I think this is probably the truest thing you've posted in the thread.

chai2 wrote:
I attempted to describe the scene, to a major fail.

Whether it's what you saw, or how you described it, the majority of posters don't seem to have come to the same conclusion you seemed to have come to.

Why not just roll with that? Why get so heated up about it? You asked people what their gut would tell them - did you expect everyone to agree with you? You've certainly had folks disagree with you on all kinds of things. Why was this so different?

If you didn't want to hear different opinions, why ask people to tell you what they would think?
Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
I think what upset her - was so many were accusing her of associating gays with pedophiles.

Which and since I count so much at work, I'm not going to do (it may be above my ability to count s well) - she has numerous times said she did not mean to do. It is as if the one initial account was a listing of her observations and then everything else was ignored. Including the number of accounts that she and I tried to point out was not her intention.

Has it clicked yet?