The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

Zardoz

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

Government is of the people, by the people, and for the people. The people make the laws thru their elected representatives but once the laws are made the government enforces those laws. Don’t like a law? Then you can work to repeal it. The laws against alcohol were repealed as well as the laws against marijuana was also in many states recently. That system is not perfect but has worked for over 200 years but will never appeal to those who want their own way all the time.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
I have been at several city council meeting that went past one o’clock in the morning until the last of a hundred people had their say on a new law only then did council vote. Politicians seldom vote against over whelming public opinion. The thing that bothers you most is you don’t believe the majority should rule you believe you should rule. Our society doesn’t work that way.
If a politician votes against public opinion he can be recalled or voted out of office.
Assault Weapons of war were designed for a specific purpose of killing as many people as possible in the shortest period of time on the battlefield. They serve no other legitimate purpose. Assault weapons have absolutely no place on America’s streets. You are witnessing the process at work most politicians been paid off by the gun manufacturers but in order to change the laws they will have to be voted out of office one at a time. Every time there is a mass murder people learn all they need to know about assault weapons. They kill many people in a short period of time. ____________________________________________________________________________________
Like it or not no gun free zone never stays that way for more than a few minutes and there was an armed policeman on site. You can call it that but it doesn't make it that.
Do you know why that cop failed to do his job? He knew he had no chance of stopping a mass murder with an assault weapon. There was no cherry picking that was a genuine good guy with a gun which show that a gun free zone is a myth. In the article you posted the shooter was armed with a hand gun not an assault weapon. You make my argument ban the assault weapons and the cops have a chance to stop a shooter. This was not a mass murder this was a boyfriend, girlfriend problem. Apples and oranges, they are both round but that is where the similarity ends.
Members of the NRA is one thing, gun owners are another some even cut up there AR-15s on line. You live in a country of 330 million people and even if all 75 million-gun owners voted you would be out voted over six to one in a majority rules country. Gun ownership is now far less than 50% and getting smaller every single day the old west is dead.

Zardoz

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjoint

Let's see if you can even define the word communist. You surely can tell us what you think a communist is.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:38 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
You surely can tell us what you think a communist is.

You doing a good job of it, you don't need my help.
Zardoz

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 07:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjiont

The problem is I don't think you would recognize a duck if it chewed your foot off. You are following in footsteps of real 100% card carry members of the communist party and calling other people communists. What is wrong with this picture?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 08:18 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The problem is I don't think you would recognize a duck if it chewed your foot off.

Ducks don't eat meat. A communist would say they do. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Zardoz

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 08:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

That article was enough to convince anyone that there is a good reason to ban armor-piercing ammunition.
Did you read how the Republican tax scam worked. Absolutely no cut in the tax rate for those making up to $44,000. The first tax rate was 10% and it remains at 10% after the Trump tax scam. Please explain how that is a tax cut if the tax rate remains the same. The standard deduction is raised but personal exemptions were eliminated. A family with children will pay more and even the Republicans that wrote the tax bill will admit that 10% of the public will pay more in this tax “cut” and those are the poor and middle class with children and 90 year old retired widows not the upper middle class. It is an outright lie that everyone is getting a tax cut unless it is all the right are getting a tremendous tax cut while the poor are going to pay more. You could not have read the Republican tax scam.
That the AR-15 is simply a masculinity symbol is probably the argument that is closest to the truth of the matter. There was a documentary on HBO a few years ago that was about sex toy party where the woman running refers to the typical size of a Porsche driver equipment as four inches another masculinity symbol. She looked like she knew what she was talking about.

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:35 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Government is of the people, by the people, and for the people. The people make the laws thru their elected representatives but once the laws are made the government enforces those laws. Don’t like a law? Then you can work to repeal it.

You honestly think that is still how it works? Have you looked at the laws across the US, do you honestly think so many laws had the support of the people or do you think the govt is doing what they think is right for us? We have become more and more a nanny state as the years go by and if you honestly think the people really want all those stupid laws? Lobbyist's off all kinds push the lawmakers. The only real place your type of of thinking takes place is at the State and local levels, the Federal level is out of control.

Quote:
The laws against alcohol were repealed as well as the laws against marijuana was also in many states recently. That system is not perfect but has worked for over 200 years but will never appeal to those who want their own way all the time.

You are helping me prove my point about the States vs the Federal govt. Marijuana is the perfect example, it's against the law Federally but certain states have made it legal such as my state CO. For the citizens of those states, who's law is supreme? After all, it wasn't the politicians who passed the laws here, in fact our DNC governor was against it as he and his family own a brewery, it was done by a vote of the people on the public ballot.
If we are one nation that should have single laws from the Federal level, it seems like CO and other states should be in deep **** by the feds.

Quote:

That would depend on the politician and the public opinion. As I noted above, we have become a nanny state country and our politicians have a habit of doing what they think is best regardless of what public opinion is. CA's prop 168 and prop 8 are prime examples. The people spoke and the politicians over ruled them.

Quote:
The thing that bothers you most is you don’t believe the majority should rule you believe you should rule.

I don't like the "majority" voting away my Constitutional rights. My rights should not be based on what a majority thinks they should be. Mob rule was never the intention and the Constitution is meant to protect the rights of the individual, not the group or the majority.

Quote:
Our society doesn’t work that way.
If a politician votes against public opinion he can be recalled or voted out of office.

CO guns laws are a perfect example. The gun grabbers waited till after the 2014 election before trying to change our guns laws after they spent the election cycle saying they wouldn't. 2 out of 3 of those lairs were recalled and replaced but by then the damage to the laws was already done. Most laws once put in place are almost impossible to remove.

Quote:
Assault Weapons of war were designed for a specific purpose of killing as many people as possible in the shortest period of time on the battlefield.

You prove you know nothing about war doctrine when you say such things. It proves your dishonesty on the subject. You don't like guns, just be honest don't hide it in scary language, that doesn't work on my and I see through the scare tactics.

Quote:
They serve no other legitimate purpose. Assault weapons have absolutely no place on America’s streets.

You are wrong. You already have your mind made up, it's why you keep using the scary term "assault rifle/weapon". Calling it by what it really is, a sporting rifle, because they is the majority use here in the US, defeats your anti-gun point. When the killings continue with handguns, they will be next on your list and you will use this same BS language.

Quote:
You are witnessing the process at work most politicians been paid off by the gun manufacturers but in order to change the laws they will have to be voted out of office one at a time.

We are witnessing the end of the 2nd Amendment by mob rule. The Constitution is clear, shall not be infringed, in fact it's the only Amendment with such wording, why is that?

Quote:
Every time there is a mass murder people learn all they need to know about assault weapons. They kill many people in a short period of time.

They learn what the media wants them to know. Do you know the stats on defensive gun use in the US? Between 500,000 and 2 million a year, most with a shot never have been fired. AR's have been used in home defense, the media has an agenda, it's why they don't talk about defensive gun use, it would ruin their plans.

Quote:
Like it or not no gun free zone never stays that way for more than a few minutes and there was an armed policeman on site. You can call it that but it doesn't make it that.

Give it up, you are twisting yourself into knots trying to prove something that you can't. If the law doesn't permit guns in a location, it is a gun free zone, plain and simple. When the bullets start flying, minutes isn't enough time to get onsite and engage the shooter, by then lots of people are already dead.

Quote:
Do you know why that cop failed to do his job? He knew he had no chance of stopping a mass murder with an assault weapon.

He had no idea what kind of weapon he had, so don't make Monday morning quarterback calls based on current knowledge.

Quote:
He knew he had no chance of stopping a mass murder with an assault weapon. There was no cherry picking that was a genuine good guy with a gun which show that a gun free zone is a myth.

Once again, he didn't know anything, he was outside and had no idea what type of weapon the shooter had, the same goes for the LEO in the other example, he wouldn't have known what type of weapon the shooter had until he had eyes on him.
If civilians are restricted from having a gun on their person while in a location, that is a gun free zone. I'll leave you with the definition that was used under the 1990 Gun Free Zones Act...
Quote:
he Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25). The law applies to public, private, and parochial elementary schools and high schools, and to non-private property within 1000 feet of them.

LEO are considered authorized, you and me are not, it is illegal under Federal law to carry any type of gun onto a school zone, hence the title of the bill as signed by HW Bush.

Quote:
You make my argument ban the assault weapons and the cops have a chance to stop a shooter.

That isn't what happened at all. I am judging the LEO's on their actions at the time, you are judging them on their actions after the fact. Neither LEO known their situation going in and yet one confronted a shooter and stopped him, while the other one hid outside and let these kids get killed. One followed protocol while the other didn't, plain and simple.

Quote:
This was not a mass murder this was a boyfriend, girlfriend problem. Apples and oranges, they are both round but that is where the similarity ends.

You can say that now, but when the LEO onsite acted, he didn't know that. You can stop it with the 20/20 vision.

Quote:
The point is there is really no such thing as a gun free zone because in minutes that zone is crawling with guns of all types.

I've already proven you wrong.

Quote:
Gun free zone It is just a name if all guns are banned it might be gun free but if someone is packing it is gun free in name only.

The law disagrees with you and the law is clear it says authorized, which is LEO, civilians are not authorized to carry. Once again, the name is in the title and the only person a gun free zone protects is the shooter.

Quote:
Members of the NRA is one thing, gun owners are another some even cut up there AR-15s on line.

Those people were idiots, but I'm ok if they do that to their own weapons, that is their own right. That doesn't give them the right to say the govt should do the same thing to my weapons. If they were no danger to anyone, why cut up their weapons? Should I cut off my dick to stop rape, even though I'm not going to rape anyone?

Quote:
You live in a country of 330 million people and even if all 75 million-gun owners voted you would be out voted over six to one in a majority rules country.

This is why our rights are not left up to the majority, the Constitution is clear on mob rule. If the majority ruled, gay marriage would not have to have been decided by the SCOTUS. The states were voting against gay marriage, even CA who I thought would be the first state to legalize it by a vote of the people didn't do so, do you support majority rule?

Quote:
Gun ownership is now far less than 50% and getting smaller every single day the old west is dead.

I think gun ownership is higher than you think, I know lots of gun owners who have never been asked such questions and may of them like me wouldn't answer honestly. I don't think anyone has any right to know what types of guns I own or how many or why I own guns. Whether I hunt or target shoot or have them simply for home defense, that isn't anyone's business.

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2018 02:09 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
That article was enough to convince anyone that there is a good reason to ban armor-piercing ammunition.

As long as the definition of "armor piercing" isn't defined to loosely, I don't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Did you read how the Republican tax scam worked.

I sure did, it's why I know you are not being completely honest.

Quote:
Absolutely no cut in the tax rate for those making up to $44,000.

Lie!
The only group who didn't see a tax cut were those in the 10% tax bracket.
Quote:
Income Tax Rate Income Levels for Those Filing As:
2017 2018-2025 Single Married-Joint
10% 10% $0-$9,525 $0-$19,050
15% 12% $9,525-$38,700 $19,050-$77,400
25% 22% $38,700-$82,500 $77,400-$165,000
28% 24% $82,500-$157,500 $165,000-$315,000
33% 32% $157,500-$200,000 $315,000-$400,000
33%-35% 35% $200,000-$500,000 $400,000-$600,000
39.6% 37% $500,000+ $600,000+

Quote:
The first tax rate was 10% and it remains at 10% after the Trump tax scam. Please explain how that is a tax cut if the tax rate remains the same.

The group who pays no federal income tax? Sure it comes out of their checks, but they end up getting more back at the end of the year than they paid in.

Quote:
The standard deduction is raised but personal exemptions were eliminated.

The standard deduction was nearly doubled, not just raised besides, you couldn't use both options anyways and a vast majority of low income earners don't itemize anyways.
Quote:
Trump's tax plan doubles the standard deduction. A single filer's deduction increases from $6,350 to $12,000.

The deduction for Married and Joint Filers increases from $12,700 to $24,000. It reverts back to the current level in 2026. It's estimated that 94 percent of taxpayers will take the standard deduction.

Quote:
A family with children will pay more and even the Republicans that wrote the tax bill will admit that 10% of the public will pay more in this tax “cut”

That 10% is the people who live in high tax states like NY, IL and CA and can no longer claim state sales taxes on their Federal income tax.

Quote:
and those are the poor and middle class with children and 90 year old retired widows not the upper middle class.

Wrong. The child tax credit was doubled.

Quote:
The Act increases the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000. Even parents who don't earn enough to pay taxes can claim the credit up to $1,400. It increases the income level from $110,000 to $400,000 for married tax filers.
It allows parents to use 529 savings plans for tuition at private and religious K-12 schools. They can also use the funds for expenses for home-schooled students.
It allows a $500 credit for each non-child dependent. The credit helps families caring for elderly parents.

Quote:
It is an outright lie that everyone is getting a tax cut unless it is all the right are getting a tremendous tax cut while the poor are going to pay more. You could not have read the Republican tax scam.

The vast majority of people are getting a tax cut. I've already proven how what you have stated is a lie concerning the vast majority of taxpayers and someone's political affiliation has nothing to do with it, you know this but you have a political agenda to uphold, can't let the truth get in the way.

Quote:
That the AR-15 is simply a masculinity symbol is probably the argument that is closest to the truth of the matter.

If you are a political hack with no understanding of the 2nd Amendment and gun rights, sure this is your truth.

Quote:
There was a documentary on HBO a few years ago that was about sex toy party where the woman running refers to the typical size of a Porsche driver equipment as four inches another masculinity symbol. She looked like she knew what she was talking about.

Rolling Eyes

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2018 02:51 pm
@Baldimo,
This is where I got my info from.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax-plan-how-it-affects-you-4113968
Zardoz

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2018 09:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

Our policemen are always instructed to jail people under state charges. If they are charged under local laws the city has to pay for their time in jail and that is expensive.
Many organization have constitutions that you are subject to if you are a part of that organization. When is the last time you read your local constitution? Or even your state constitution? I don’t recall even one case involving the state constitution. Nobody seems to argue over state constitutions the way they argue over the national constitution. I am not saying that there were no cases but I think it shows the relative importance of them.
But it is not only the acceptance of driver’s license but the laws are extremely similar. When you go to another state you don’t ask for a copy of their laws so that you won’t violate them you treat the states as one country not a collection of different countries.
That court decision is on a par with the court decision that said a corporation is the same as citizen with all the rights of citizen. The first amendment stands on its own no court decision was necessary.
Anarchist believe that no government is necessary but in the end that is just a pipe dream. People tried that but it didn’t work. One thing that the communists that founded the modern conservative movement did was to convince people that the American government is your enemy. This is wholly understandable as the American government was the enemy of these life long communists. The polls in the 50s and 60s showed how highly the American people held their government. The communists/conservatives had to make the government enemy so the American people would turn to the communist/conservatives as the American people’s savior.
If you yell fire in a crowded theater a policeman would be dispatched and you would be arrested for disorderly conduct. Now you could assert the defense that your first amendment rights were violated but you would lose.
Zinovyevna benefited greatly from communism she was one of the few women at the time to be educated at a communist university. She did not try and warn anybody about communism when she arrived in America she went straight to Hollywood to become a screen writer. As soon as she masters the art of fiction she joined hands with her fellow communists and sets out to destroy America. How better to destroy America than to give us the book “The Virtues of Selfishness.” America’s greatness came from our cooperation and to see ourselves as American’s first and individuals second. In order for the communists to destroy America they needed to destroy our sense of community.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Stat: In 511 days there have been 555 mass shootings defined as 4 or more people shot.
_________________________________________________________________________________
This study has been out for a while. I have come across it in a couple of books. I did not come across it on line. It was referenced in a recent book I read. “Algorithms to Live By: “The Computer Science of Human Decisions” by Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths. You can do a search for “suicide car accident statistics” this will yield several studies but not the one I was referring to. The books index would not help me locate it quickly. I will try to find the exact study by going back through the book. I never learned how to do links.

When you list those, who died by gun it has to include everyone who died by gun you can subdivide it later but the overall number must stand. 555 mass shootings in 511 says it all.
IN WV if you talk to anyone they are likely to own a gun even my 89-year-old mother has a gun. Gun fire is very common here. When the gun fire starts here no one bothers to call a cop gun fire is the norm.
I don’t know how to do links. That argument took place earlier on this thread with Oralloy and he listed mass murders done with pistols in the last 15 and I just list the mass murders done with assault weapons in the last year and half. One mass murder with an assault weapon killed more than all mass murders done with pistols in 15 years.
Do you realize that you can sell a gun without being a licensed gun dealer? Individuals do sell guns at gun shows. The only way it could be a myth is if there was a law that prohibited individuals from selling their guns.
If an individual can sell a gun without a background check, then back ground checks are worthless. An individual that can’t buy a gun legally can always buy a gun from an individual. That is a loophole that you can fly a 747 through. All the criminals and people judged insane will always have free access to guns.
The 60s was the reference for starting point for your article when both mass murders and the number assault weapons begin to increase. If the number of assault weapons begin to go down and the mass murders go up it would be a different story but that is not what happened.
I see that English is not your first language in order for it to be a baby it must be born, up to that point it is fetus. There is no such thing as a dead baby at Planed Parenthood. It is one thing to take someone’s AR-15 but when you no longer have the right over your own body it is worse than Nazi Germany. If men also had babies there would be no question about abortion being legal. This is just the rapists that want to force women they raped to have their children.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:46 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Our policemen are always instructed to jail people under state charges. If they are charged under local laws the city has to pay for their time in jail and that is expensive.

So they were ok to write tickets and take the money for petty ****, but when the real crimes take place, they pushed it onto the State? Sound like you had a piece of **** mayor and board of commissioners. Sounds like profit was their motive, not law and order. With someone like you walking around with a ticket book, it proves my point. I'm sure your $500 and higher tickets made you feel like you were saving the world.

Quote:
Many organization have constitutions that you are subject to if you are a part of that organization. When is the last time you read your local constitution? Or even your state constitution?

I like how you are trying to confuse the constitution of the Puppy Handlers Guild with a State and Federal Constitution.

Quote:
When is the last time you read your local constitution? Or even your state constitution?

My local constitution? Do you mean the city charter for where I live? Most cities don't have constitutions, they have charters or some other type of "founding" document. The last time I read my State Constitution, well I've read the parts that have interested me when it comes to laws and issues within my state. I'm pretty active in following what takes place politically here in my state.

Quote:
I don’t recall even one case involving the state constitution.

Then you don't follow the news that closely. Gay marriage was a good subject when it came to state Constitutions, the majority of those cases where the people voted in favor of traditional marriage, the State courts would overturn the will of the people as the voted violated something in the State Constitution. There has never been any federal laws pertaining to marriage, which was surprising the SCOTUS ruled the way they did. Marriage isn't listed in the US Constitution as the federal govt doesn't issue marriage license. Per 10th Amendment, it should have been left to the states. I'll be honest, I support gay marriage, it was never an issue for me, whatever my state decided by vote, I was good with.

Quote:
Nobody seems to argue over state constitutions the way they argue over the national constitution. I am not saying that there were no cases but I think it shows the relative importance of them.

Read above.

Quote:
But it is not only the acceptance of driver’s license but the laws are extremely similar.

They might be similar but ignorance of the law is not excuse and you travel at your own peril, getting a ticket or arrested while out of state for something that is legal or a misdemeanor in your state, could delay your return.

Quote:
When you go to another state you don’t ask for a copy of their laws so that you won’t violate them you treat the states as one country not a collection of different countries.

That is partially true. If you are traveling to another state with a gun in your car, you are going hunting in CO and you live in FL, it would be wise to at least read up on the laws for having guns in the states you will be either driving through or staying in. There have been news stories of people getting connecting flights through NY and getting delayed and missing flights for various reasons, in the process of going back through security with their luggage and reporting that they have a gun, which is required when flying, they are arrested for violating NY city/state law on possession of a firearm. They had no intention of being in NY except to get a connecting flight, which is a few hours. Instead they end up arrested because weather delayed their flight and NY doesn't like guns.
So knowing the laws of other states you are going to be traveling to is a smart idea.

Quote:
you treat the states as one country not a collection of different countries.

You want to end states rights?

Quote:
That court decision is on a par with the court decision that said a corporation is the same as citizen with all the rights of citizen. The first amendment stands on its own no court decision was necessary.

Which court decision? Without a quote I don't know which case you are referring to. You seem smart, figure out how to use the quote button as well as copy and paste.

Quote:
Anarchist believe that no government is necessary but in the end that is just a pipe dream. People tried that but it didn’t work.

Anarchy is to the extreme right of the political spectrum. I'm not sure where anarchy was tried unless you are referring to the hippy communes in the 60's.

Quote:
One thing that the communists that founded the modern conservative movement did was to convince people that the American government is your enemy.

I'm not going to get into your anti conservative propaganda. I'll simply point out that Communism is to the extreme left of the political spectrum where anarchy is to the extreme left, no govt control vs total govt control. The modern day conservative doesn't want no govt, they just want a smaller govt. Our founder never intended for the govt to be supreme over the people. The founding documents of our nation prove that to be true. They feared a govt that was to powerful and didn't allow for liberty, they just fought a war about the subject. People such as yourself want the exact opposite, it sounds like you want to divest power from the states and hand everything over to the Federal govt. Where is the Liberty in that?

Quote:
You are right it has happened and the individual yelling fire went to jail.

You're an idiot. That case was NEVER about someone yelling fire in a theater, that incident never happened! The actual case was about a person who spoke out against the draft during WWI, it was ruled his speech was not covered by the First Amendment.

Quote:
She did not try and warn anybody about communism when she arrived in America she went straight to Hollywood to become a screen writer. As soon as she masters the art of fiction she joined hands with her fellow communists and sets out to destroy America.

You have a really twisted sense of history. Let me guess, it was the real communists who were in charge of the McCarthy era?

Quote:
In order for the communists to destroy America they needed to destroy our sense of community.

That is just silly. The communists are the ones who are using the over importance of community to stripe US citizens of their individual Liberty, which was the basis of the founding of the US and the entire purpose of the US Constitution.

Quote:
Stat: In 511 days there have been 555 mass shootings defined as 4 or more people shot.

Nice BS stat. I'm going to guess you pulled that from one of the anti-gun groups website. I've seen that state before, it includes a whole mess of "mass shootings" that took place in private residence and not in public places. It's interesting how you and other anti-gun groups try and twist the facts and mix together different things to try and make things seem worse than they really are. These #'s you provided include gang crime and domestic crimes. Looking at 2015, depending on who you listen to, there were either 7, 65 or 331 mass shootings in 2015. Mother Jones provides the number of 7 based on "Indiscriminate (excludes crimes of armed robbery, gang violence, or domestic violence)".

Quote:
You can do a search for “suicide car accident statistics” this will yield several studies but not the one I was referring to. The books index would not help me locate it quickly. I will try to find the exact study by going back through the book. I never learned how to do links.

I've read a couple of articles, it seems they are pointing to maybe more single occupent car accidents could be suicides then accidents. It says nothing about taking out other people with you though and I'm not sure how this is related to suicides by guns being in the 60% range. You seemed to indicate that more suicides with guns could be actual murders, the car study points the other direction...

Quote:
When you list those, who died by gun it has to include everyone who died by gun you can subdivide it later but the overall number must stand. 555 mass shootings in 511 says it all.

Sure, if you are only looking to find out how many people died by guns. If you are going to use those stats to effect law change, then they have to be broken down to write an effect law. Unless you aim is to ban the 2nd Amendment and confiscate guns...
I've already proven your BS stat on mass shootings doesn't even fit the rhetoric being used to save children from being shot in schools. Just admit you don't like guns and you don't believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Quote:
Folk wisdom has its limits but I do think that power is a big part of the equation. I think that is what attracts people to assault weapons in the first place.

Once again, without a quote I have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
I usually refer to gun nuts but don’t take me seriously if you commit mass murder you will not be found innocent by insanity.

Many mass shooters when caught have been given the insanity plea, most of them end up in prison for life. I'm still wondering how many NRA members have been involved in a mass shooting. If they are gun nuts, that means they must be the ones shooting up the schools.

Quote:
IN WV if you talk to anyone they are likely to own a gun even my 89-year-old mother has a gun. Gun fire is very common here. When the gun fire starts here no one bothers to call a cop gun fire is the norm.

So if there are that many guns in your area, do you really think gun ownership is on the decline? Sounds like you know a lot of people who own guns. More than 50% of the people you know?

Quote:
One of the candidate for the governor of Ohio stated his platform is banning assault weapons.

The democrat Dennis Kucinich? I'm not surprised a DNC member would be against the AR.

Quote:
I don’t know how to do links.

You should learn. There is a FAQ for this website and it explains how to do it.

Quote:
Do you realize that you can sell a gun without being a licensed gun dealer?

Yes, it's called a private sale.

Quote:
Individuals do sell guns at gun shows. The only way it could be a myth is if there was a law that prohibited individuals from selling their guns.

I've been to gun shows and you are not allowed to sell a gun at a gun show unless you have an FFL. You can not do private sales at a gun show. You should really read the laws on such things. What you can do is walk around the gun show with a gun, unloaded and chamber blocked by security. If you want to sell that gun, you actually have to leave the premises and conduct your business else where, as that gun sale would be illegal by state law.

Quote:
If an individual can sell a gun without a background check, then back ground checks are worthless.

That is a lie. They could make the law all they wanted to, but does that mean the people who are interested in acquiring a gun illegally are suddenly going not be able to buy a gun in the back alley, as they already do? Do you honestly think background checks on sales is going to decrease mass shootings or crime?

Quote:
An individual that can’t buy a gun legally can always buy a gun from an individual.

True, how do you enforce these background checks? These people already are going around the law, what makes you think enforcing a background check between me and a friend is going to stop those criminals? You don't think they already know the places on the street to get guns? Those dudes aren't hitting up the local craig list ads looking for guns.

Quote:
That is a loophole that you can fly a 747 through. All the criminals and people judged insane will always have free access to guns.

As I noted above, the criminals already know where to get their guns, and making additional laws won't effect them.

As for the crazy people, we need precise guidelines on reporting people by healthcare professionals, that would limit someone's rights. When our rights are concerned, we have to take extra precaution to not abuse the system for any reason. Example, spouses and divorce and child custody.

Quote:
The shooter didn’t have an AR-15 and instead of 17 dead one person was shot in the ankle. It makes a difference.

You mean the kid with the shotgun? Fired one shot at a door and dropped the gun and ran? That is not the same shooting as the LEO who stopped the kid in the lunch room.

Quote:
The 60s was the reference for starting point for your article when both mass murders and the number assault weapons begin to increase. If the number of assault weapons begin to go down and the mass murders go up it would be a different story but that is not what happened.

I guess it depends on what you are calling out as a mass shooting. In prior post, you said there were over 500 mass shootings, yet how many of those mass shootings were done with an AR platform? I think your own inconsistant use of "mass shootings" is about to blow up in your face... Are you only concerned with mass shootings, gun deaths or mass shootings with an AR? You are all over the place.

Quote:
I see that English is not your first language in order for it to be a baby it must be born, up to that point it is fetus.

Does a fetus become anything else but a small human? Is it not a human fetus or does it become a golf club or some other type of animal, a puppy maybe? Abortion is the taking of a human life in it's first stages of growth.

Quote:
There is no such thing as a dead baby at Planed Parenthood.

It is still a human, not an avocado.

Quote:
It is one thing to take someone’s AR-15 but when you no longer have the right over your own body it is worse than Nazi Germany.

Nice exaguration. A right is a right and technically abortion isn't listed in the Constitution while the right to own a gun is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment as "shall not be infringed".

Quote:
If men also had babies there would be no question about abortion being legal.

If frogs had wings they might not hit their butts on the ground when they jumped...

Quote:
This is just the rapists that want to force women they raped to have their children.

What sort of weak extremist argument is that? Are you claiming that a majority of anti-abortion people are rapists?

If it makes you feel better, I'm not against abortion, I'm only against it being used as a primary form of birth control instead of using actual birth control.
Zardoz

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 06:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjoint

It looks like you are evading the question. I can document that many of the founders of the Modern Conservative Movement were not only communist but extremely proud of it. They wrote autobiographies. The cold war made communism unpopular so the communists became the founders of Modern Conservative Movement. Politics had been their entire life and they could no longer call themselves communists.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 06:23 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjoint

What political party would hold a party in the White House to honor a communist spy? Here is a clue it wasn’t the democratic party. No one doubts that Whitaker Chambers was communist spy but he was also a founder of the Modern Conservative Movement.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:29 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

I know that it will work I have done it before. The people that like to complain are the people who don’t want to participate. I participated in government for over 40 years. I knew how to put a mayor in and I knew how to put them out of office. The union had worked hard to elect the first mayor in 30 years. This mayor had been a state senator and claimed he could help us. When he got in office he screwed us with no pay raises and huge layoffs. When it came time for his reelection I pulled his magic carpet right out from under him. He had the district labor council endorsement, this is the association of labor unions. I was a member and when endorsement came up for a vote I pointed out that the that Mayor crossed a picket line at the new football stadium and even the governor refused to cross that picket line. I pointed out there is one mortal sin in labor unions you don’t cross a picket line. The mayor had friends there but they lost the debate. He lost the endorsement and the primary. He was a career politician and the head of the county democratic party. It has been thirty years now and he was never elected to another office. The next mayor gave us pay raises.
The system works if you are willing to work. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. The ban the assault weapons movement is a good example of a group of citizens working to make a law.
Marijuana is controversial right now and if the Federal government chooses to enforce the laws against marijuana it would still be illegal in those states. The times they are a changing another race car driver's brother after returning from Vietnam got caught with a joint and was sent to jail for a year. Now in most states you might get a ticket for that amount of marijuana. There is now some support in Federal government legalize marijuana. This is an example of government changing one funeral at time. My generation believed that marijuana was no worse than alcohol the law will change for better or worse.
Politicians have one thing in common they want reelected the public power relies on the ability to vote a politician out of office. Huntington is a city of 50,000 but you would be surprised of what can be accomplished if you are willing to invest enough time.

To live in America, you have to learn to accept the fact that the majority rules. If the second amendment had come with a list of guns that were legal under the second amendment you would have a point but the second amendment doesn’t say you have a right to bear an AR-15. It says bear arms the only reasonable interpretation of “arms” in the second amendment is what arms were at that time. The majority could never take that base line definition away but otherwise the majority will decide.
The thing about our system is laws can be changed and then changed back again. Marijuana was legal then it was illegal and now it is legal again in some states. Laws are passed by majority vote it may be that two you recalled were not enough to override the majority.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Tell me even one situation when you would need to kill a hundred people in under a minute. War is the only reason someone needs that much fire power.
Assault weapon is a classification of guns based on common characteristic. Shot gun is a classification based on common characteristic. Pistols are a classification of guns based on common characteristics. Assault weapon accurately describes those guns and their purpose.
Who made that statistic up? Between half million and two million. Were they all drug dealers or policemen. If you can’t get within a million and half that statistic is beyond useless. How many with AR-15s? How many with pistols? How many with shot guns?
It is the NRA twisting the fact they know full well that there are guns on site and sometimes several armed guards not to mention regular patrols. By saying gun free it is a lie and they know it is a lie. It gives the public the impression that if there was a gun on site the mass murder would never happen. That the only reason mass murders take place at schools is because even the police are unarmed. It does not prohibit all guns.
You really don’t think the cop could tell that the mass murder was armed with an assault weapon? I can tell the difference when the neighbors are shooting their deer rifles and when their shooting assault weapons. The fire from the assault weapons is much more rapid. The shooter in FL shot many rounds in 6 minutes. Cops are very familiar with guns and they would know what they were up against.
After I moved in here when the first day of deer season came in I was awakened by loud gun fire that sounded like it was fired in the house. The walls of this house are 12-inch-thick with double pane windows. I have been on the police ranger when high powered sniper rifles were being fired and this shot was that loud. That policeman in FL heard those shots. That maybe a definition of gun free zone but it is not the reality if a gun was on site.
Your lost in the definition and ignoring the reality. The NRA use gun free zones to con the public to believe that is why the FL school was targeted but shooter went to that school and was fully aware there was an armed guard there and it didn’t make a difference.
The people that cut their AR-15s up did it for one reason they wanted to make sure that no one would ever be killed with their gun. They realize that the AR-15 could be stolen or sold and the only way to make sure it would never be used as a murder weapon was to cut it up. It is not like you couldn't have your choice of other types of gun that also go bang.
To arrive at the number of owners a representative survey is done not everyone will be asked. The number of people who own reregistered guns is also available. We do know that gun ownership is going down and will take a major drop when this generation passes.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 10:54 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
I know that it will work I have done it before. The union had worked hard to elect the first mayor in 30 years.

It's sad when a mayor is bought and paid for by the Unions. Mayors are meant to represent the people, not your union. I wonder how that eventually leads to the problem you saw last year and the need to call in the national guard.

Quote:
he system works if you are willing to work. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

I didn't think you believed in the concept of "evil"? Politicians can be evil but those who actually murder in cold blood aren't?

Quote:
The ban the assault weapons movement is a good example of a group of citizens working to make a law.

It's a good example of MSM and extreme left using propaganda to limit the rights of citizens.

Quote:
Marijuana is controversial right now and if the Federal government chooses to enforce the laws against marijuana it would still be illegal in those states.

This doesn't jive with what you were saying before about the Feds being supreme and states doing things against Federal law, which you have noted you don't think is right. I guess for you it all depends on what the subject is on where you want the power to reside. That doesn't sound very consistent with your 1 Country 1 law theory.

Quote:
My generation believed that marijuana was no worse than alcohol the law will change for better or worse.

A portion of your generation anyways. It has been more my generation that has pushed for pot legalization and made it happen. Generation X is leading things now, you folks want to skip us and had it over the naive high school and college kids.

Quote:
Politicians have one thing in common they want reelected the public power relies on the ability to vote a politician out of office. Huntington is a city of 50,000 but you would be surprised of what can be accomplished if you are willing to invest enough time.

You have already mentioned how the Unions control that city, what do you care about the will of 50,000 people as long as the unions get what they want.

Quote:
To live in America, you have to learn to accept the fact that the majority rules.

You keep saying that as long as the majority sides with you. I've already given you enough examples where the majority didn't rule and courts overturned the will of the people.

Quote:
If the second amendment had come with a list of guns that were legal under the second amendment you would have a point but the second amendment doesn’t say you have a right to bear an AR-15.

The exact opposite is true, they didn't list specific guns because they weren't stupid, they knew there would be advancements in technology, one of the Founding Fathers was an inventor!
How is the generic term of "arms" only applied to the Musket? This is where your intellectual dishonesty comes into play.

Quote:
The thing about our system is laws can be changed and then changed back again. Marijuana was legal then it was illegal and now it is legal again in some states. Laws are passed by majority vote it may be that two you recalled were not enough to override the majority.

Laws do not exist in a vacuum, they must be measured against the Constitution. If the majority ruled, we would have no need for the Constitution as the majority would always be correct. The Founders were smarter than you are, they knew people such as you would exist to strip the people of their rights and enforce what they think is right. The 2nd Amendment was written exactly the way it was because of people like you, the tyranny the lives in a free nation.

Quote:
Tell me even one situation when you would need to kill a hundred people in under a minute. War is the only reason someone needs that much fire power.

My Constitutional Rights do not depend on what you think I might "need" something for. I don't own guns because I think I need them for such silly situations as you anti-gunners like to describe. You are the ones with issues if that is the stuff you think up. Constitutional Rights are not about needs, they are about Rights.

Quote:
Assault weapon is a classification of guns based on common characteristic.

Assault weapon is a made up term with a made up definition that doesn't apply to civilian owned weapons, it is confused with another made up term, assault rife. What's scary about them, they are Semi-automatic and they take a magazine?

Quote:
Shot gun is a classification based on common characteristic.

You are exposing your lack of knowledge again. Shotguns come in semi-automatic and can take magazines...

Quote:
Pistols are a classification of guns based on common characteristics.

Pistols as in handguns? They come in semi-auto and take magazines as well.

Quote:
Assault weapon accurately describes those guns and their purpose.

Semi-auto and they take a magazine? Did you know that the typical AR round, 5.56 or .223 is actually smaller then the average hunting round?
Why is the AR banned and the Ruger Ranch Rifle not banned?

Quote:
The second amendment will never be repealed. Will not be infringed.

As long as the NRA is able to protect our gun rights, it will continue to exist. People such as yourself can't even be honest without yourselfs. The end goal is ridding the US of guns.

Quote:
What will not be infringed? The right to bear “arms” not the right to bear AR-15s.

Arms is a generic use for guns, if they only meant the Musket, they would have said so. It's the reason the 2nd Amendment is the only Amendment that has the words "Shall not be infringed".

Quote:
Who made that statistic up?

It came out of the CDC study that Obama ordered on gun violence back in 2013 as part of his 26 EO/EA's on gun control. The reason you haven't heard of it? It doesn't fit the MSM and the anti-gun crowds narrative.
Quote:
Defensive Use of Guns
Defensive uses of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence,
although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996;
Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive
gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by
criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to
more than 3 million per year (Kleck, 2001a), in the context of about
300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008 (BJS, 2010). On the
other hand, some scholars point to radically lower estimate of only
108,000 annual defensive uses based on the National Crime Victimization
Survey (Cook et al., 1997). The variation in these numbers remains a
controversy in the field. The estimate of 3 million defensive uses per
year is based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken
from more than 19 national surveys. The former estimate of 108,000 is
difficult to interpret because respondents were not asked specifically
about defensive gun use.

Quote:
Between half million and two million. Were they all drug dealers or policemen. If you can’t get within a million and half that statistic is beyond useless. How many with AR-15s? How many with pistols? How many with shot guns?

So now that you have found a stat you don't like, you want it broken down? From what I posted above, those were counted as gun use by victim, so police gun use wouldn't be in this stat. The CDC study doesn't mention the types of guns used. Even if you take the extreme low end of 108,000, that still out numbers the use of guns in murder, at 11,000 and it is still double if you persist on using suicides in the gun death #'s.

Quote:
It is the NRA twisting the fact they know full well that there are guns on site and sometimes several armed guards not to mention regular patrols. By saying gun free it is a lie and they know it is a lie.

The only people trying to twist anything is you. I've already proved the text of the law and it is quite clear that civilians are not allowed to carry guns in these area's. Hell, it's in the title of the law, "Gun Free Zone Act..."

Quote:
The fire from the assault weapons is much more rapid.

This is where the BS of assault weapons is exposed. If they were firing a full auto weapon, which he wasn't, you would be correct. He was firing a semi-auto and you can make a semi-atuo pistol fire just as fast as a semi-auto rifle, it depends on how fast you pull the trigger. Just the rapid fire of the gun proves nothing about what type of gun they have, other than to point out it is a semi-auto. With 10 round magazines like he was using, it would provide no "tell" on the type of weapon, since you can buy 30 or 45 round mags for a handgun.

Quote:
I can tell the difference when the neighbors are shooting their deer rifles and when their shooting assault weapons.

So now you are classifying all semi-auto rifles as assault weapons? Do you really want to compare a bolt action rifle with a semi-auto or just the AR?

Quote:
The shooter in FL shot many rounds in 6 minutes. Cops are very familiar with guns and they would know what they were up against.

I love it when you expose your lack of knowledge about guns.
With 10 round mags and a semi-auto gun, from where the cop was, he didn't know it was a rifle or a hand gun. Stop making excusses for a cop that utterly failed to do his job. Your comments are filled with nothing but 20/20 vision.

Quote:
I have been on the police ranger when high powered sniper rifles were being fired and this shot was that loud. That policeman in FL heard those shots. That maybe a definition of gun free zone but it is not the reality if a gun was on site.

Good for you, doesn't mean you understand anything about guns. High powered sniper rifles? You mean the same type of gun that is used by hunters? Those are much louder than an AR, due to the size of the round that is being used. More than likely your sniper guys were using either a .308 or a 7.62, those are almost double the size of the 5.56 round which is standard but not exclusive to the AR platform. That sniper rifle would be much louder than an AR-5, and do much more damage to a person.

Quote:
The fantasy spread by the NRA is there was no gun at the school the reality was there was an armed professional.

The Federal law as written and titled proves you wrong. The NRA is using facts when they talk about the "gun free zones".

Quote:
The policeman in Maryland did not see a shooter with an AR-15 he saw a kid with a pistol at least let’s hope he just wasn’t shooting children at random.

When he heard the shots being fired, he had no idea what kind of weapon the kid had, he wouldn't have known until he was on the scene and looking at the kid.

Quote:
Your lost in the definition and ignoring the reality. The NRA use gun free zones to con the public to believe that is why the FL school was targeted but shooter went to that school and was fully aware there was an armed guard there and it didn’t make a difference.

I'll refer you back to the actual law as written.

Quote:
The people that cut their AR-15s up did it for one reason they wanted to make sure that no one would ever be killed with their gun.

The reality says, that unless they have something wrong with them, which was apparent from their video's, the chances of their gun being used is up to their mental stability.

Quote:
They realize that the AR-15 could be stolen or sold and the only way to make sure it would never be used as a murder weapon was to cut it up.

They realize nothing. They are drama queens who wanted their 15 minutes of attention. Besides, what they did was illegal and they didn't cut them up according to Federal guidelines. Any gunsmith could have those guns back in working order with the exchange of a few parts. If they wanted to make a difference, they should have just given them to the local police who would have destroyed them properly.

Quote:
You can have majority rule or be ruled by a king.

Tyranny is your name. We have a Constitution which is sits above both your weak choices.

Quote:
I am not familiar with the case law regarding gay marriage.

Not sure how you missed all those stories over the last 15 years... head in the sand?

Quote:
To arrive at the number of owners a representative survey is done not everyone will be asked.

That's the problem, I don't think they are asking the right people.

Quote:
The number of people who own reregistered guns is also available.

Registered guns? I think there is only one state with such a registration and it is a small state. They would be better off trying to use Carry Conceal permits, but the problem with that is the # of restrictive states that don't allow CCW easily, you have to be connected to the left-wing political machine in those states to get a CCW.

Quote:
We do know that gun ownership is going down and will take a major drop when this generation passes.

We don't know anything, stop trying to make a pronouncement from thin air.

Zardoz

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 09:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

If a bullet can penetrate a bullet proof vest than it should be banned.
Why is it called the Republican tax scam? One of the most common techniques in a scam is called bait and switch and that is the main feature of the Trump tax scam. Trump's web site before the election stated that anyone making $50,000 a year or less would pay no income tax in order to suck people into voting for him. But after he was elected that was taken down and replaced with a tax cut plan that would given him a hundred million in tax cuts and raise the taxes on the middle class with children. Trump even said he would raise taxes on the rich at some point before his election.
You have no idea what you are looking at. Have you ever done your own taxes? Or do pay to have it done? A couple who makes up $43,050 is taxed in the 10% tax bracket with no cut in taxes. The standard deduction for couple is $24,000 the next $19,050 is taxed at 10% the same it was taxed at this year. The average household income here is $38,000 here meaning the average person did not see a cut in their tax rate. So not everyone gets a tax cut under the Trump tax scam. The standard deduction was increased but the personal exemptions were taken away. My income the tax cut was $1.30 a day hardly worth running the national debt up by $10 trillion. The elimination of the personal exemption of $4,050 that a family three pays more. If they have five or six children they pay much higher taxes. It is a tax scam.

That is another big Republican lie. No matter how little I made even when I was in college I an made $5,000 a year I paid taxes. The tax rate in that 10% is the taxes they have to pay they cannot get one penny of that back. I fell within that tax bracket for a number of years and not only did I pay the taxes taken out of the check I paid more income tax ranging from $200-$800. You seem too susceptible to all the Republican propaganda.
The standard deduction went up $5,650 but over 72% of that was offset by the loss of $4,050 personal deduction. A couple got a n increase $11,300 in standard deduction but lost $8,100 in personal exemptions unless they had children at that point they lost 5 personal exemptions x $4,050= $20,250. Meaning they will be taxed on another $8950. They pay more taxes not less the more children you have the more taxes you pay. Tax cut my A..
Who do you think did the estimate Trump? Around here it will be at least 50% who will pay more taxes not less.
It is the poor states that voted for Trump that will be hit far harder than high income states you listed. Because it is the low income that did not get a tax cut high income states got tremendous tax cuts on their high incomes.
The child tax credit double gives you an extra $1,000 but the elimination of the standard deduction takes away $4,000. Do you want to trade $4,000 for $1,000? How about $20,000 for $5,000? See what I mean about a republican scam?
Deductions for home schooling will produce more mass murders who are not socialized. Cult education teaching children to be cult members where they teach magical thinking is detrimental. These are all plots to undermine and destroy public education. Children cannot eat tax credits for private schools’ tuition of $10,000 a year. It another tax break for millionaires who send their kids to private school. It will allow $500 for the elderly but it did allow $4,050. Another less is more tax scam. __________________________________________________________________________
No one will have any idea how bad the Republican tax scam is until after the 2018 taxes are filed. If the average income was a million dollars than the average person might get a tax cut. But the median income in America is only $59, 039 meaning it is just at a point that there will be a tiny tax cut.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 08:57 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:

This is where your lack of understanding even basic ballistics comes into play. Based on your lack of understanding, you just banned every hunting rifle in the US.

Quote:

Because the leftists had to call it something. Anything that takes away from their precious income source for socialism, has to be labeled a scam. Why would they want let the majority of people keep their own money?

Quote:
You have no idea what you are looking at.

Since you want to be lazy and not figure out how to post the quoted test, I'm not going to answer questions about things I have said unless you quote them. Half the time I have no idea what you are talking about since you want to combine a gun conversation and a tax conversation in the same post.

Quote:
That is another big Republican lie. No matter how little I made even when I was in college I an made $5,000 a year I paid taxes.

You paid payroll taxes and if you are single with no kids, you won't see **** for a tax refund. If you are married and have kids though, you are more than likely getting more back in a refund than what you actually paid through the year.

Quote:
The tax rate in that 10% is the taxes they have to pay they cannot get one penny of that back.

That 10% rate didn't exist until it was created under George Bush Jr when he was able to reform taxes in his first term. You were calling that a tax scam as well I'm sure, now you are praising and happy there is a 10% tax bracket. So much for "tax cuts for the rich".

BTW, you do indeed get a refund at that tax bracket if you have kids, in fact you pay almost no federal income taxes until you start making over 50k.
Quote:
The individual income tax is designed to be progressive – those with higher incomes pay at higher rates. A Pew Research Center analysis of IRS data from 2015, the most recent available, shows that taxpayers with incomes of $200,000 or more paid well over half (58.8%) of federal income taxes, though they accounted for only 4.5% of all returns filed (6.8% of all taxable returns).

By contrast, taxpayers with incomes below $30,000 filed nearly 44% of all returns but paid just 1.4% of all federal income tax – in fact, two-thirds of the nearly 66 million returns filed by people in that lowest income tier owed no tax at all. (The IRS tax data used here are estimates based on a stratified probability sample of all returns.)

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/10/06/a-closer-look-at-who-does-and-doesnt-pay-u-s-income-tax/

Quote:
The standard deduction went up $5,650 but over 72% of that was offset by the loss of $4,050 personal deduction. A couple got a n increase $11,300 in standard deduction but lost $8,100 in personal exemptions unless they had children at that point they lost 5 personal exemptions x $4,050= $20,250. Meaning they will be taxed on another $8950. They pay more taxes not less the more children you have the more taxes you pay. Tax cut my A..
Who do you think did the estimate Trump? Around here it will be at least 50% who will pay more taxes not less.

In case you forgot, you can't use the standard deduction and the itemized deduction together, it's one or the other and has always been that way.
You don't seem to understand how most people do their taxes. I wish we didn't need people to do our taxes for us, we need a simpler tax code. Chew on this:
Quote:
According to the most recent IRS data, for the 2013 tax year,

30.1 percent of households chose to itemize their deductions (44 million returns).
68.5 percent of households chose to take the standard deduction (101 million returns).
1.6 percent of households had zero or negative adjusted gross income, and were unable to take any deductions. (2 million returns)
These statistics show that most American taxpayers choose to take the standard deduction. However, this is not the case for higher-income taxpayers. When it comes to households with incomes over $75,000, a significant majority itemizes deductions

https://taxfoundation.org/who-itemizes-deductions/

Quote:
It is the poor states that voted for Trump that will be hit far harder than high income states you listed. Because it is the low income that did not get a tax cut high income states got tremendous tax cuts on their high incomes.

Your leftist propaganda has blinded you to who really voted for Trump. I wasn't one of them, I'm a Libertarian and voted for Gary Johnson.
Hillary lost a lot of Obama's previous voters. When you look at income and who they voted for, the poor did favor Clinton, but the wealthy actually split their vote about evenly between Trump and Clinton, 1% difference, the middle class favored Trump but not by significant margins, 4% at max.

Quote:
Deductions for home schooling will produce more mass murders who are not socialized.

Your personal opinions aside, which of the mass shootings in the US have been done by home schooled kids? Considering a majority of the mass shootings have taken place in schools, by their own current or former students, I don't know where you got this nonsense.

Quote:
Cult education teaching children to be cult members where they teach magical thinking is detrimental.

Your bias against religion is clear.

Quote:
These are all plots to undermine and destroy public education.

Stop calling it public education and call them for what they really are, Govt schools run by the teachers unions.

Quote:
Children cannot eat tax credits for private schools’ tuition of $10,000 a year. It another tax break for millionaires who send their kids to private school. It will allow $500 for the elderly but it did allow $4,050. Another less is more tax scam.

Not sure when we crossed over into school funding.
Private schools vs charter schools vs govt schools?

Zardoz

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 08:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

Did you ever hear of your source? Nor has anyone else. It is not a respected news site. It is simply a website that that suddenly sprung up Sept 6, 2016. A number of Republican propaganda sites sprung up to push the Republican tax scam. Anyone can set up a web site. The first lie is that it doubled the standard deduction it did not the standard deduction was $6,350 doubled it would have been $12,700 but it only went to $12,000 in 2018. Why lie? Why not say it was going up by $5,650? Because the lie sounds like it is so much more.

The second lie is that it keeps the seven tax rates and lowers them. It does not say that primary tax rate, the first tax bracket that everyone pays was not lowered. The democrats voted against the Republican tax scam and it only passed on party lines. Not one democrat in the senate voted for the Republican tax scam.

Paul Ryan fired the House Chaplin because he opposed the Republican Tax scam. The Chaplin served seven years but when he gave a speech saying that the Republican tax scam should have all winners instead of winners and losers it upset the Republicans. Paul Ryan was so proud when he found out that a secretary at a public high school got whole $1.50 a week tax cut from republican tax scam and said she could completely pay for her Costco membership that he posted on twitter. After the twit took a beating on twitter he took it down. Imagine how ungrateful people can be when they got a whole $1.50 and Trump got a $100 million. The election is coming soon and pay back will be hell.

A Monmouth University poll showed that 50% of the American people believe they will pay higher taxes under the Republican Tax scam and they are not far wrong.
Zardoz

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 09:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

When you have several out of town contractors who swindled the city out of a quarter of million dollars it is hardly a trivial matter. That kind of losses will bankrupt a city quickly. Can you imagine a football game with no referees? Without rules the game would not be possible. The contractor’s law was passed in 1991 because construction was pretty much an underground economy that had a number of criminals who worked in the field. When you pay $10,000 for a new roof and the criminal takes off with your money it is not trivial. I got a call from attorney from Texas who was representing a out of town contractor I shut down. He wanted to know what we could do about $1,000 in tickets the contractor got. I told him he had to choices, one send a check for the total amount, or two show up in court. He sent the check.
A city charter serves the same purpose as a constitution. Under the definition of Constitution, you will find that charter is listed as synonym.
I didn’t follow the arguments for or against gay marriage. After I was married an ex-girl friend showed up and told me she was getting married. I congratulated her and told her I her if I have to suffer I think everybody else should also. That is pretty much the way I feel about gay marriage.
There are some strange laws on the books of some states but they are usually not enforced. Kentucky had a law that required brake lights had to have stop written on them. If you didn’t have stop written on your brake lights and someone hit you from the rear then you would be at fault. My dad was stopped at red light years ago when the town drunk plowed into him. When he went magistrate to sue the guy he was given a copy of that law by the magistrate/town drunk or at least who was behind the desk. He was evidently a frequent flier.
When the communists that founded the Modern Conservative movement used propaganda to convince the American people that the American government was public enemy number one. Grover Norquist, considered the second most powerful republican in America said it best, “I just want to shrink government to the point I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.”
In all of law the case of yelling fire in a crowded theater is one of the most discussed cases. The supreme court case ruling was in 1919 Schenck v United States. The Court unanimously that the First Amendment though it protects freedom of expression, does not protect dangerous speech. The actual wording of the supreme court decision was “falsely shouting fire in a crowded theater.” That is an example of the dangerous speech that the supreme court unanimously ruled dangerous and not protected under the first amendment. _________________________________________________________________________________
Hard day enough for tonight pick it up from here tomorrow.
Zardoz

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 10:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

Let me see if I can clear up your misunderstanding Schenck vs United States. First let me say you are correct about the subject of the case bought before the supreme court but each case before the supreme court is representative of other similar cases and the ruling covers not only the case in question but all similar situated cases. In this case Justice Oliver Wendel Homes Jr in his opinion sites an example of dangerous speech which would not be protected under the first amendment “falsely shouting fire in a crowed theater.” That ruling tells you an illustration of what is dangerous speech and would not be protected and is as binding as if the original case was bought about someone falsely shouting fire in a crowded theater.
Ayn Rand was educated at a communist university that is a time of life when the communists had the most influence on a young person and Rand set out to destroy America with her nasty novel. McCarthy was a drunk who sat out to destroy anyone that attended a single meeting of an organization he didn’t like but ignored the real communists. Whitaker Chambers was a real communist spy who had been investigated by the FBI. McCarthy ignored the real communist and because they were busy founding the modern Conservative Movement. They had written detailed autobiographies about their time in the communist party but McCarthy ignored them. Why? They were heroes of the Republican party and still are to this day. Facts always look twisted for those who are fed propaganda all their lives and never question it.
___________________________________________________________________________________
The real communist, the ones that founded modern conservative movement needed a straw man to attack scence the cold war ended there has not been a real communist threat in over 40 years just people who use words they don’t understand. Ayn Rand book “Atlas Shrugged” was written with the intent to start class warfare by convincing the ungodly greedy that they were entitled to everything and the working-class shouldn't even get crumbs from their table and this will destroy America.
A mass shooting is a mass shooting you can’t separate how many took place in private residences and subtract them from the total. Then how many took place outside and subtract them. Then how many took place in businesses and subtract them. It doesn’t work that way. Any way you look at it the problem is getting far worse each day. Why would it make any difference if you went to your neighbor’s house and he shot you with his AR-15 or if he shot you at school. ___________________________________________________________________________________
The study of murder suicides with cars is at least 20 years old and some older information is not as likely to make the internet. It is likely if I can find the name of the man that published the study that it can be located. Car suicides are included in the number of people killed in car accidents so suicides must be included in the number of gun deaths.
In WV gun ownership is probably in the 80% range as hunting is a major sport. Schools are closed during deer season. We had a construction division of a hundred that would close down for deer season and they would tell the crew no one is working next week call in sick or take vacation. We usually have several deer hunter shot. It is get your gun get drunk and start taking sound shots. My uncle was asked what a sound shot was by someone wanting to hunt on his property? He said when I hear noise I shoot in that direction.

If you put your AR-15 in the paper for sale and someone shows up on your door step who can’t legally buy a gun and you sell him the gun then the next day the FBI shows up om your doorstep after they trace the gun back to you and tell you the guy killed 30 children with your gun. If you had to have a background check done before the gun could be sold it might save lives.
It would be much harder to locate someone that was selling guns illegally than those selling legally. If they required a detailed psychiatric examination before someone could by a gun fewer people would have guns.
There are two things here, mass shooting defined as four or more shot and mass murders defined as those where four or more people are killed. There should be another category called mega murders defined as those where over ten people are killed these for the most part these are done with assault weapons. It is the mega murder and the assault weapons that concern me and I have been very consistent.