Where was God during the holocaust?

cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:49 am
@neologist,
The bible says
Quote:
Thou shalt not kill.
Where did you learn your bible? It's all inclusive; it means not to kill. Not to murder is laughable when god murdered millions of innocent men, women and children. Do as I say, not as I do! What a hypocrite.

Quote:
EXODUS 20:13 Thou shalt not kill. - King James Bible Online

Quote:
Kings James Bible Still Most Popular Translation - US - CBN News ...
www.cbn.com/.../us/.../Kings-James-Bible-Still-Most-Popular-Translation...
Mar 14, 2011 – With more than 20 English translations of the Bible currently available, the King James Bible is still the most influential and popular version of ...
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 12:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Quote:
EXODUS 20:13 Thou shalt not kill. - King James Bible Online
Ecclesiastes 3:3 "3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;" (KJV) Is there a contradiction now in the KJV, or did the scholars simply misinterpret the meaning of Exodus?
cicerone imposter wrote:
Mar 14, 2011 – With more than 20 English translations of the Bible currently available, the King James Bible is still the most influential and popular version of ...
That hardly makes it the most accurate. Preachers have used it for fleecing for centuries.
cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 12:15 pm
@neologist,
Tell that to all those christians who believe in that version of the bible.

No, you're the one who is misinterpreting the bible. What makes you believe you are a bible scholar with more knowledge than KJV of the bible?

LOL

You wrote,
Quote:
That hardly makes it the most accurate. Preachers have used it for fleecing for centuries.

You're now the judge, jury and executioner? LOL

BTW, did god give you the authority to judge others, and which bible they must believe in?
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 12:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Tell that to all those christians who believe in that version of the bible.
LOL
You wrote,
Quote:

You're now the judge, jury and executioner? LOL
You no doubt have never taken time to consider the huge gulf between what the Bible actually says and what the clergy have fed the flocks for their own purposes.

Go back to my original post on this thread: http://able2know.org/topic/163636-4#post-5310772

Who provides the politicians with cannon fodder? One can find the answers in the KJV, so long as they read with discernment.
JLNobody

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:39 pm
@neologist,
Each of us has to be judge and jury.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 01:58 pm
@neologist,
The huge gulf of what the bible says is legend. "Thou shalt not kill/murder."

God then executes all of humanity except for Noah and his grand party. That's not only killing, but murder at a level never seen on this planet before or since.

God is guilty of both killing and murder.

And you're still confused? LOL

What a hypocrite!
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 04:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The huge gulf of what the bible says is legend. "Thou shalt not kill/murder."

God then executes all of humanity except for Noah and his grand party. That's not only killing, but murder at a level never seen on this planet before or since.

God is guilty of both killing and murder.

And you're still confused? LOL

What a hypocrite!
You don't believe it happened, so you obviously don't need any explanations.

You have earned your license to do as you please. I hope it works out well for you.
cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 05:07 pm
@neologist,
You wrote,
Quote:
You don't believe it happened, so you obviously don't need any explanations.

How could it have happened? There's no trace on this planet of a world flood, but the message of your god is clear. When he's angry, he will take it to the extreme and kill every living thing - except for what can be carried on an ark.

There's no better creative thinking than the people who wrote the bible. They would have been first class comic-book creators.

Even Superman wasn't as idiotic as your god who would destroy mankind and all the land animals for his "anger."

What was god's message again?

tenderfoot

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It amazes me, how many of millions of Christian minded people, can still be influenced by bronze age mans attempt at understanding... the how and what it's all about.
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:19 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
It amazes me, how many of millions of Christian minded people, can still be influenced by bronze age mans attempt at understanding... the how and what it's all about.
It amazes me how many people can voice opinions without presenting any arguments to back them up. I'd be interested in your specifics.

CI and I have been around the block many times. I think he is a stand up guy in spite of his myopia. He always has something specific to say. Makes for an interesting discourse.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 09:24 am
@neologist,
I have myopia because? LOL I guess all the scientific facts about the age of the earth, no world flood, and where humans originated from is now called "myopia." Mr. Green Laughing Laughing Laughing
neologist

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 09:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well, I didn't accuse you of dementia, did I?
But if you have myopia, is it still mine? Or is it youropia?
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 10:11 am
@neologist,
If you had accused me of "dementia," you would need to provide evidence of it.
Mr. Green
neologist

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you had accused me of "dementia," you would need to provide evidence of it.
Mr. Green
So, evidence of myopia is admitted without challenge?
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 12:32 pm
@neologist,
Not really; it's been proven by your responses to my opinions. Actually, you're the one who accused me first of myopia.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
For those of you who have never visited Israel, here's a picture of the cable car station to Masada.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/20131JANCubaA2012-10-26063.jpg
neologist

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 02:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good photo
Thanks
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 02:13 pm
@neologist,
You can see a small section of the Dead Sea on the left side of the photo.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:03 pm
@neologist,
I felt the only "source"needed is the same one you get yours from.
neologist

Tue 30 Apr, 2013 12:23 am
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
I felt the only "source"needed is the same one you get yours from.
It's kind of hard to respnd specifically to a generalization. So I guess I'll just say "see above". Mr. Green
0 Replies