NAACP

Tue 16 Nov, 2010 01:57 pm
What God.....?
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 05:20 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
Smile I guess he won't have a clue what I'm talking about then !

I wouldn't think so . . . he hasn't shown that he's understood any of the other statements in this thread.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 09:52 am
@Alan McDougall,
God was there. God is always present, in many ways we can't even comprehend. When such terrible things as holocaust, famine, tsunamis, earthquakes happen, yes, God is there. There are lessons we learn, we are oppotunity given to tap in at our humanity and compassion. Accept that there is a plan and there is a reason that each and every thing happens.

Am I saddened, even angered by that terrible time? Yes, I'd be dead inside if I weren't. Many in my family perished in the holocaust, I am always saddened that they had their time cut away; but am sure God had a reason and that God was there with each, if they reached to God for comfort and peace at that time.
cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:49 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, God said there will not be another world flood, but tell that to those who are killed by floods and tsunamis. They also kill innocent people including men, women, and children.

What's the lesson he's trying to teach humans?

So, does god also lie? It's about scale of floods? The crisis to humans are the same.
0 Replies

dobey

Tue 18 Jan, 2011 12:58 am
@Alan McDougall,
Ignoring the stuphid answers. As the man in "Escape from Sobibor' said
'This had nothing to do with God. It was man"
0 Replies

permoda12345

Fri 21 Jan, 2011 01:22 pm
@Alan McDougall,
where is God during Israeli bombardment on poor people in Gazza and destroying the holly graves of prophets in Jerusalem?! .
Thank you Adolph Hitler, you did well.
fresco

Fri 21 Jan, 2011 03:27 pm
@permoda12345,
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/938/muftihitler1.th.jpg
In November 1941, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem met with Hitler, who told him the Jews were his foremost enemy. The Nazi dictator rebuffed the Mufti's requests for a declaration in support of the Arabs, however, telling him the time was not right. The Mufti offered Hitler his “thanks for the sympathy which he had always shown for the Arab and especially Palestinian cause, and to which he had given clear expression in his public speeches....The Arabs were Germany's natural friends because they had the same enemies as had Germany, namely....the Jews....” Hitler replied:

"Germany stood for uncompromising war against the Jews. That naturally included active opposition to the Jewish national home in Palestine....Germany would furnish positive and practical aid to the Arabs involved in the same struggle....Germany's objective [is]...solely the destruction of the Jewish element residing in the Arab sphere....In that hour the Mufti would be the most authoritative spokesman for the Arab world. The Mufti thanked Hitler profusely."

..... plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.....
permoda12345

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:48 am
@fresco,
this picture is fake some body stick the Muslim guy in front of Hitler, and in the late forties during first and second world war Arabs and Muslims were in the Arab world .they were not in Germany .
read Hitlers quotes he hates jews to death . and who cares about very old story called "Holocaust " ! if feel you sorry for them, send them to Alaska to live happily with safety with the white bears and on top of white mountains and inside the igloos .where as Palestian is in the heart of Arab world those jews people have put themselves among the arab world then they feel scared and want to protect themselves by killing families .
fresco

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 02:33 am
@permoda12345,
Quote:
this picture is fake

Laughing
.... where ignorance is bliss... !

0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 06:45 am
@permoda12345,
Amazing how ignorant can you get.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 06:48 am
@Alan McDougall,
Which holocaust do you refer (as there have been a few)? And regardless of which, where was God when a loved one died, or during any of the other 1000s of tragedies that occur in the world?
Smileyrius

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 10:39 am
@Ragman,
Man wanted to be free of Gods governance, so God gave man the world for a while, now man blames God for not stopping man from screwing up.
Ragman

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:29 am
@Smileyrius,
How is it that you're privvy to this info? Are you hearing voices?
Cycloptichorn

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:33 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
Where was God during the holocaust?

Seriously? If a God exists, and is the Omnipotent God that Christians make out, then he was shoveling Jews into furnaces.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:10 pm
@Ragman,
No Mr Rag sir, its all in that book the christians read.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 04:48 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Man wanted to be free of Gods governance, so God gave man the world for a while, now man blames God for not stopping man from screwing up.

Admittedly I've not read every page, but I'll bet you that you can't show me anywhere that it states what you're claiming it does.
Smileyrius

Sat 22 Jan, 2011 05:16 pm
@Ragman,
That would be alot of work for someone who is not interested in an answer other than for amusements sake.
0 Replies

Lovee-4ever

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:13 pm
@Alan McDougall,
This is sad. God doesn't control our actions. He gave us free will, including Adolf Hitler. Hitler was responsible for the Holocaust and he was influenced by Satan. Not God. Now, here are some facts: Satan wanted to be better than God, so God banished him from heaven because well, who is better than God? But Satan wanted to prove that he could be more powerful, so God said that He'll let Satan try to take our souls. So, Satan created temptation. God created good conscious. Sadly, a lot of us, like Hitler, were taken by temptation. That's not God's fault because God gives us the chance to do right. But if some of you people want to blame God, I feel sorry for you. God doesn't work to make this life on Earth perfect, He will only give us the strength to endure it. Whether or not you take the strength or complain about how life isn't fair is your own business. But complaining will not make your life easier and blaming God definetly won't.
0 Replies

sgregorythegreat

Sun 1 Jan, 2012 04:54 pm
@Alan McDougall,
God cannot violate free-will because he would contradict himself.

Thus the free-will of the Nazis could not be violated.

To say that God was somehow negligent during tragedies is to presuppose that the worst possible thing happened. But how do you know things could not have been worse during WW2? What if the Nazis had won? Maybe God prevented the Nazis from doing further damage.

This is not a very philosophical answer, but neither is the question.

"One cannot ask how there can be a God if evil exists without asking how there can be good if he
exists not."
thack45

Sun 1 Jan, 2012 07:20 pm
@sgregorythegreat,
sgregorythegreat wrote:

God cannot violate free-will because he would contradict himself.

god can do whatever he wants. If he interferes in human free will, he doesn't contradict himself. he contradicts beliefs about what he is.

Quote:
To say that God was somehow negligent during tragedies is to presuppose that the worst possible thing happened. But how do you know things could not have been worse during WW2? What if the Nazis had won? Maybe God prevented the Nazis from doing further damage.

To say that god allowed tragedies to happen "presupposes" many things - but definitely not that. not even a little

More often actually, citing god's negligence in the face of human tragedy is just another common argument made by unintelligent atheists who won't be bothered with matters of logic and reason.

Quote:
This is not a very philosophical answer, but neither is the question
+1