Where was God during the holocaust?

neologist

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 07:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So much stuff in here and hard to format.
cicerone imposter wrote:

You,
Quote:
True, but humans do pass on their imperfections, do they not?
That was god's choice, and he now wants perfection from humans? You have not been reading correctly, I have already shown this was not God's choice.
You,
Quote:
When you bring up the subject of religion in general, keep in mind you are waving a straw man. I do not intend to defend the clergy who have misled people for centuries. BTW, I don't hope or expect to go to heaven. Man's future is clearly on earth.

How can it be a straw man when god expects humans to follow his teachings? God started with the apostles, and that was followed by the clergy. If you know the history of mankind, most were unable to read or write, and it was the clergy who had to "teach" their flock. Are you expecting me to defend the clergy? Obviously you don't seem to care about what I have to say.

You,
Quote:
Another straw man. Don't ask me to explain Dubya.

How can it be a straw man when the president of our country is guilty of mass killings of humans - estimated at tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

So, your response for all god's mysteries are "it's a straw man?" LOL Dubya may be a mystery. But not God's mystery/ Its a mystery to my why you cannot see that. Good grief! It's not God's fault that wars exist.
Quote:
If you fault God for suffering, who do you credit for the good life you have led?

I'm responsible for what I have done with my life. How can you credit god with your accomplishments or failings when god has never answered any of your prayers. It's been researched by several universities that prayer does not work.

How did god help you?
I pretty much thank him for the small things in life. Family, Sunsets, my dog Tobias Fleabitis. stuff like that. God allowed me to make accomplishments but he didn't do them for me.

Your problem is that you project the false teaching of other religions on the True God. You need to understand what the True God is all about. Then you can make a rational choice whether to accept him or not.
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 08:48 pm
@neologist,
But your true god allows killing of men, women and children. That's in the bible.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 08:53 pm
@neologist,
Tell us about a) the world flood, b) the virgin birth, and c) the creation of this planet?

cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 08:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's a contradiction of what you said about the sins of Adam and Eve and the dented pan.

Quote:
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 09:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's more.
Quote:
Mass Killings Ordered, Committed, Or Approved By God

The entire population of the earth at the time of Noah, except for eight survivors, in a flood. "And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark." Gen. 7:23

Every inhabitant of Sodom and Gomorrah, and of the surrounding plain, by "brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven." Gen. 19:24 Lot's family fled.

All the first-born of every family in Egypt, including children of those in the dungeons and the successor to the throne of Egypt's Pharaoh, by God on the first Passover night. Ex. 12:29

All the hosts of Pharaoh, including the captains of 600 chariots, who drown in the Red Sea while pursuing the Israelites. ". . . and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea." Ex. 14:27,28

Victims who perish in the conquest of seven nations in Canaan by the Jews under God's guidance so that the Jews can occupy their lands as God had promised Abraham. "When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them." Deut. 7:1,2

Amalek and his people, by the edge of the sword. "Because the Lord hath sworn that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation." As long as Aaron helped Moses to hold up his hands, the Israelites prevailed. Ex. 17:11,16 At times of crisis, the Lord often waxed whimsical.

3,000 Israelites, massacred by their Levite tribe at the command of the Lord for worshipping the golden calf. "Take every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor." Ex. 32:27 These were the orders of a God who would brook no disloyalty, a self-styled "jealous" God.
tenderfoot

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"Oh neonlogist's God!! " ( Can't say omg, aint got one).... Neonlogist God, sure has a funny way of showing his "love" for mankind ( looks like womankind are excluded )
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 05:16 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
But your true god allows killing of men, women and children. That's in the bible.
cicerone imposter wrote:
Tell us about a) the world flood, b) the virgin birth, and c) the creation of this planet?
cicerone imposter wrote:
Here's a contradiction of what you said about the sins of Adam and Eve and the dented pan.
Quote:
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
Not a contradiction
cicerone imposter wrote:
Here's more. Blah, Blah Blather
Let me see if I understand this:
The Bible contains not only a description of events but presents the reasons for those events. You don't believe the Bible but are willing to use the descriptions of the events to discredit the bible. You ignore the Bible's explanations but expect me to provide . . .what?
tenderfoot wrote:

"Oh neonlogist's God!! " ( Can't say omg, aint got one).... Neonlogist God, sure has a funny way of showing his "love" for mankind ( looks like womankind are excluded )
Congratulations, CI. You have recruited a most articulate follower.

You simply are afraid to acknowledge the existence of a God to whom you may have an obligation.
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 09:22 am
@neologist,
To begin with, you didn't answer any of my questions. That only proves you can't, because they are contradictions.

Your god killed all innocent men, women and children by his flood, and saved only a few on Noah's ark. That's called "mass killing" by your god. It was judgement day by your god to kill every innocent child who has never sinned.

I've often wondered how Noah and his bretheren were able to collect two of each animal, insect, and dinosaurs from around the planet, when they didn't even know there are five continents in this world. Did they crawl all over forests, antarctica and the landscapes to collect them? How long did that take them? It's logistically impossible for the few to have accomplished such a task.

Scientists today don't even know how many animals exist in the world.

According to the bible, the earth is only 7000 years old. We know from scientific evidence that this planet is over 4.5 billion years old. A huge difference, and a mistake by your god on simple science. For a omnipotent know-it-all, he sure was stupid!

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, but it's okay to own slaves and women are second class citizens in the human race. Yup, a loving god all right!

That's only the beginning, and I can provide more contradictions about your god if you're up to it! LOL

Who would want to worship such a crazied, hateful, ignorant, killer, god?

No me!

neologist

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 10:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . . Your god killed all innocent men, women and children by his flood, and saved only a few on Noah's ark. That's called "mass killing" by your god. It was judgement day by your god to kill every innocent child who has never sinned.
This is an example of your superciliousness. You cite the story of the flood while ignoring the Biblical reasons for the flood
cicerone imposter wrote:
I've often wondered how Noah and his bretheren were able to collect two of each animal, insect, and dinosaurs from around the planet, when they didn't even know there are five continents in this world. Did they crawl all over forests, antarctica and the landscapes to collect them? How long did that take them? It's logistically impossible for the few to have accomplished such a task.
Perhaps he had divine help. Makes sense to me. Same answer to those who wonder how the ark could have been seaworthy after being built by a man who was essentially a farmer.
cicerone imposter wrote:
According to the bible, the earth is only 7000 years old. We know from scientific evidence that this planet is over 4.5 billion years old. A huge difference, and a mistake by your god on simple science. For a omnipotent know-it-all, he sure was stupid!
Once again, you are using the spurious claims of the clergy who would have you believe the days of Genesis were of 24 hour length. That those days are obviously symbolic periods of time is evident to those who would take the time to read Genesis 2:4. All we know is the 7th day has not yet ended after roughly 6000 years of duration,
cicerone imposter wrote:
God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, but it's okay to own slaves and women are second class citizens in the human race. Yup, a loving god all right!
A few non sequiturs here, but I'll let them slide in deference to your state of confusion.
cicerone imposter wrote:
That's only the beginning, and I can provide more contradictions about your god if you're up to it! LOL
You really need to do your homework
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who would want to worship such a crazied, hateful, ignorant, killer, god? No me!
Keep in mind that I entered this thread to give the Biblical explanation of horrific events such as the holocaust. You won't hear that explanation from any clergyman, I can assure you. You should ask yourself why.
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 10:28 am
@neologist,
No; you're the one trying to justify the sins of god with some silly rationalizations that contradicts his own teachings. You can't possibly answer any of these contradictions, because it's not logical to say one thing about "thou shalt not kill," then be responsible for mass killing of innocents. That even contradicts the oft said christian meme about "god is love." Where's the love?
He sacrificed his only begotten son for that?

I'm sure glad I don't know of anyone to love me like your jealous god who kills at his own whim and pleasure.

You wrote,
Quote:
You really need to do your homework.

Seems you're the one missing all the evidence provided that contradicts your "loving" god.

Oh, BTW, there never was a world flood. There's no scientific evidence for it.

I trust science much more than I do some dimwit god who doesn't know left from "right." I'm only surprised more people aren't confused by all the contradictions in the bible.
neologist

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 12:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . . Oh, BTW, there never was a world flood. There's no scientific evidence for it. . .
This is exactly what I am talking about. If there never was a world flood, how can you blame God for the killing of "innocents"?The Bible explains that those killed at the time of the flood were not "innocents"; but suppose there were a few who just got caught in the torrent, not guilty of anything. Would they be any more or less dead now, 4ooo+ years later? If you were to actually read the Bible with the intent to understand, you would know that all who have died without knowing God will have another chance. (John 5:28 , if you care to read it)

Satan is the one who brought misery on the world. Don't blame God for it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 12:52 pm
@neologist,
You wrote,
Quote:
This is exactly what I am talking about. If there never was a world flood, how can you blame God for the killing of "innocents"?

But the world flood was god's plan, and even promised never to flood the world again.
Quote:
◄ Genesis 9:11 ►

"I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

So, you want it both ways? LOL Mr. Green
Did you divorce your brain from logic?
tenderfoot

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 11:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I still think "Alice in wonderland " is the true bible -- It's full of logic and no innocents get killed there and kids love all the true stories in it.... just like neologist loves his God in wonderland book.
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 06:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
You talk about contradictions. . . . I explain that every "contradiction" has an explanation. . . You just don't like the explanation.

God destroyed Sodom because of their perverted sex practices. You say who is God to tell us which end is which.

God had the Jews destroy the Baal worshipers who practiced child sacrifice. You say God destroyed innocent people.

But we all die. Its an affliction we cannot escape. The Bible you eschew teaches death is not God's purpose and all who have died without knowing God will have the opportunity to live again. Not a bad proposition compared to all we see in the world today. So, go on searching for contradictions. I search for explanations.
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 07:00 am
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
I still think "Alice in wonderland " is the true bible -- It's full of logic and no innocents get killed there and kids love all the true stories in it.... just like neologist loves his God in wonderland book.
You've been nibbling from the wrong side of the mushroom, kiddo.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:49 am
@neologist,
Your "explanations" doesn't explain the contradiction of your god.

He commands "thou shalt not kill," but he kills the population of the whole planet by a flood. That's wholesale killing of thousands, if not millions, of innocent men, women and children who have never heard of your god.

There's no justice or common sense in killing the whole population of animals and humans of this planet. NONE; that's if he knew satan was responsible. He should have killed satan.

No justice, no humanity, no conscience, and no LOVE. How can there be love?

He so loved the world....IS GARBAGE!

Your bible claims humanity started with Adam and Eve. Science have proved that humanity originated from Africa.

That's a CONTRADICTION.

FBM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:56 am
It's like imposing the death penalty for murder. Kill somebody in order to teach people that killing is wrong.
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your "explanations" doesn't explain the contradiction of your god.

He commands "thou shalt not kill," but he kills the population of the whole planet by a flood. That's wholesale killing of thousands, if not millions, of innocent men, women and children who have never heard of your god.
The command is "Thou shall not murder"(Exodus 20:13)
cicerone imposter wrote:
There's no justice or common sense in killing the whole population of animals and humans of this planet. NONE;
Would any of those killed in the flood be alive today? You object only to the manner of their death, right? There is, of course, that pesky explanation.
cicerone imposter wrote:
that's if he knew satan was responsible. He should have killed satan.
Satan will receive his due at the appropriate time. You and I may think more than enough time has elapsed, but we don't keep the clock
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . .
Your bible claims humanity started with Adam and Eve. Science have proved that humanity originated from Africa.

That's a CONTRADICTION.
We were talking about contradictions within the Bible, right?
neologist

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:13 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
It's like imposing the death penalty for murder. Kill somebody in order to teach people that killing is wrong.
Are we talking about the unequal application of the death penalty in the US justice system?
FBM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:28 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

FBM wrote:
Are we talking about the unequal application of the death penalty in the US justice system?

Quote:
a·nal·o·gy (-nl-j)
n. pl. a·nal·o·gies
a. Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
b. A comparison based on such similarity. See Synonyms at likeness.
2. Biology Correspondence in function or position between organs of dissimilar evolutionary origin or structure.
3. A form of logical inference or an instance of it, based on the assumption that if two things are known to be alike in some respects, then they must be alike in other respects.
4. Linguistics The process by which words or morphemes are re-formed or created on the model of existing grammatical patterns in a language, often leading to greater regularity in paradigms, as evidenced by helped replacing holp and holpen as the past tense and past participle of help on the model of verbs such as yelp, yelped, yelped.
[Middle English analogie, from Old French, from Latin analogia, from Greek analogi, from analogos, proportionate; see analogous.]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/analogy
0 Replies