Survivor Nicaragua--Old v. Young

boomerang

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:38 am
I for one am really interested in seeing where Phillip's strategy is going. I think he could be on to something....

Be annoying enough to be the lame duck taken to the finals.

When he thinks the target might be on his back he amps up the annoying Phillip routine -- getting Andrea voted off.

There are 5 people already on the jury who never had time to really get to know Phillip. They also really resent Rob and the way he wouldn't let them integrate into the tribe.

Rob is bound to be seriously pissing some people off over the next few days by blindsiding them. Rob's squeaky toys (as Mo calls the two girls who fawn over Rob) are especially apt to get their feelings hurt when he votes them off but a few nice words from Rob at the final council could win them back over..... I don't know.... a woman scorned and all that.....
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:40 am
@Linkat,
It sure hasn't ever worked for Russell. There's a way to stab someone in the back (it's inevitable on a show like this) and still remain somewhat likeable, I think. Russell tended to rub their faces in it, though and ended up getting zero jury votes at both of his finals.

Sandra could be ruthless, too (which is why she was picked as a Villain instead of a Hero), but unlike Russell who tended to be sneaky and crass, she was upfront about it and won twice.

I'm not sure about Philip and his bragging about his oratorical prowess...as you said, he does have Rob worried about it, though. If the Zapateras on the jury are faced with three Omatepes in the final, they might just give it to Philip out of spite lol. Wouldn't that be something!
Reyn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 03:06 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... If the Zapateras on the jury are faced with three Omatepes in the final, they might just give it to Philip out of spite lol. Wouldn't that be something!

OMG, don't even think that! Mad

I really don't want to see that nutjob win - Mr. Federal Agent. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:07 am
Poor Grant! He's such a great guy, I was dreading last night's TC once they decided he was their next blindside. It was doubly hard to watch him get voted out after his emotions got the best of him in the TC back and forth. He had to know, though, that Rob never had any intention of taking him all the way.

Only two episodes left!! Usually at this point I can piece together several scenarios for who will end up in F3, but this Redemption Island business is messing with my 'what-ifs'!! Any of the four at RI can be seen as physical threats if they get back into the game....right now, I hope it'll be Grant.
Roberta

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:13 am
@Irishk,
Why didn't they get rid of Natalie if they wanted to split up the two girls? Now there's a strong alliance of two. Maybe. Maybe not. She was willing to vote for Andrea. (I hope I haven't gotten the names confused.)

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:19 am
@Roberta,
I think Rob's plan all along has been to take Nat and Philip to the end. If the jury voted on game play, Rob felt he'd win.

He was going to get rid of Grant eventually, but his plan was messed up when Ashley won immunity. Of course, Rob could have given Grant his immunity idol and Nat would have gone, but that was never going to happen.

You're right about the girls. Ashley could potentially flip both Nat and Philip and if she wants to win, she'd be smart to do it. Neither girl is as loyal to Rob as Grant was.

Reyn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 11:55 am
@Irishk,
Yeah, I agree with what you're saying.

Early on in the game, when Rob found the immunity idol (which he will only use for himself!), he made mention of blindsiding Grant, at some point.

That Ashley /Natalie pair are getting to be nearly as annoying as Phillip, especially Ashley. What's she done to deserve where she's gotten to? At least you can say for Rob (like or not) that he has played smart.

Looking forward to Sunday. Wink
Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 12:10 pm
@Reyn,
Oooh, good blog by Jeff on this week's episode. He wrote it instead of 'vlogging', and I agree with him on who should win (mostly)...

Will the jury be a bunch of bitter bitches intent on punishing the most deserving and rewarding the least offensive?
Roberta

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 04:44 pm
@Irishk,
I agree with him too. But I have a squoogie feeling about Phillip. It wouldn't surprise me if he announces that he was playing crazy. That he made up all that stuff to keep him in the game. Who wouldn't want to be in the final three with an annoying nut case?

I feel very strongly that Rob should win. Doesn't matter what I think or feel.

We'll know Sunday.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 05:06 pm
@Irishk,
Hey, thanks for that! I haven't seen this blog before, but postings elsewhere.

I loved his musings on possible outcomes. I don't agree with them all, but interesting, nonetheless.
Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 05:17 pm
@Reyn,
I couldn't make out what Grant said to Rob and the girls after the vote, so I was glad to see that Jeff included it in his blog. "See you soon"...haha, I thought he said something else, equally ominous. Three hours of Survivor on Sunday!!!
Reyn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 08:16 pm
@Irishk,
So, will we get a new season of Survivor in the fall again?
Irishk

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 09:16 pm
@Reyn,
Yes. Jeff renewed his contract through Season 24 and will announce the new location at the end of Sunday night's finale.

They're going back to Samoa!!! At least, that's the rumor. That's where Russell spent his first two seasons -- the second one being Villains vs. Heroes.

I think the new season probably will start this Fall, but you never know...could be sooner. I'm wondering if it might not be an all-stars season, which I wouldn't mind...but I really do prefer seeing all new faces. Fresh meat, lol.
Reyn

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 07:45 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... I really do prefer seeing all new faces. Fresh meat, lol.

I would look forward to that, too, but Samoa would be okay.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:19 am
Okay, I hear on my local radio station this morning, while talking about Survivor, that Boston Rob was once on The Amazing Race (didn't know that). Anyone know anything about it? What season, etc? Was he with his wife?

Big finish tonight!!!
Roberta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:50 am
@Reyn,
Yes, he and Amber were on the Amazing Race. I have a mental image of his getting stuck in a desert somewhere.

I have a creepy feeling the Phillip is going to surprise us all. Jeff kept pushing Phillip all season long. Say it isn't so. We'll know soon enough.
Reyn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 10:02 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Yes, he and Amber were on the Amazing Race. I have a mental image of his getting stuck in a desert somewhere.

I have a creepy feeling the Phillip is going to surprise us all. Jeff kept pushing Phillip all season long. Say it isn't so. We'll know soon enough.

Say it isn't true about Phillip! Why would anyone on the jury vote him a million bucks? Doh! Mad

Thanks Roberta, re the AR info. If anyone can remember the season, I would love to know more!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 11:09 am
@Reyn,
They were on AR twice -- the first time on Season 7 (they came in second to one of my favorite couples, Uchenna and Joyce) and then they were on Amazing Race All-Stars and came in 4th. Rob really played a cutthroat game on AR...I think even Amber was surprised.

Edit: Wrong. According to Wiki, they were eliminated in the 4th round on AR-All Stars. They did much better the first time they ran the race....then Rob's 'techniques' caught up with them lol.
Reyn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:00 pm
@Irishk,
Ah, okay, twice!

It must have been before I was watching.

Thanks K for posting that! Very Happy
Roberta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:14 pm
@Reyn,
Seems to me that Rob is a professional contestant. Does he have a job? Does he need a job? Amber won a million bucks.

Maybe we'll see him next on Dancing with the Stars.