Survivor Nicaragua--Old v. Young

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 01:52 pm
@Reyn,
I know there is some sort of physical. From what I read about Jimmy Johnson he was rejected last year because he did not pass the physical test so he worked over the next year to get into shape.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 04:32 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
She's not even a villian you can root for.

LOL. She makes Russell look like a boy scout.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 05:19 pm
@Irishk,
She's a PE teacher. Would you want her near your children? I don't think so.
Irishk

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 05:33 pm
@Green Witch,
I had to rewind the part where she threatened to throw Kelly B's leg into the fire...couldn't believe my ears.
Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:12 pm
@Irishk,
Russell was a planner/schemer kind of villain. This person is just a bitch. No planning or scheming that I can see. Just a nasty rotten bitch. And no, I wouldn't want her near my kids. Blech.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:26 am
@Irishk,
Yeah - just imagine being a parent and watching your child's beloved gym teacher talking smack like that - kinda gives you the warm and fuzzies about your child's mentor, huh.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:30 am
@Linkat,
I think she will have some 'esplain' to do when she gets back. She hardly seems qualified to teach children about sportsmanship. Maybe her PE specialty is cage wrestling. I hope she gets a smack down from her tribe sooner than later.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:30 am
I'll go further than not wanting her for my kid's teacher.

I don't really even want Mo watching this season because of her.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:32 am
@boomerang,
But she is such a great example of what not to be. I think the others will turn on her and it will be a lesson on how bullies are perceived by other people.
boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:34 am
@Green Witch,
I hope you're right.

But if by some miracle she wins a million dollars it's going to be hard to explain.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:36 am
@boomerang,
It would prove that the best person doesn't always win and life is not always fair. That's a good lesson too.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 08:45 am
The fact is that she's saying all this stuff to the camera. Does she say this stuff to the people on her tribe. So far as we know, the only nasty thing she did in front of them was steal a pair of socks and fight to get a clue.
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:20 am
@boomerang,
My kids have already said how they don't like her at all.

Not sure if they have pulled favorites yet though - I always find it interesting who my kids like. I remember my little one loving it when Natalie won out especially over Russell. My kids don't like the villians much any way and they really dislike this girl.

Look at it as a learning opportunity with your kids.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:21 am
@boomerang,
I always explain to them that this is a game and in such a game, the most deserving and/or nicest doesn't always win. But sometimes winning isn't as important as being a good sport. (although tough to convince when a cool mil is at stake).

Another learning moment.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:22 am
@Roberta,
Good point. The tribe knows of her hatred (irrational?) for Fabio. From the editing, it seems most either like him or don't mind him, but he and Kelly B. seem to be her targets...so far. Another thing I just thought of...maybe she's trying to become another Omarosa?

This is funny....I couldn't remember Omarosa's name, so I googled "Apprentice villain" and the first hit was Omarosa LOL.
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 10:48 am
@Irishk,
Funny at first I didn't like Fabio, I can have little patience with plain dumb people, but he has a funny, almost innocent charm - I may like him which is surprising for me. Certianly not the sort I typically like.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:56 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I hope you're right.

But if by some miracle she wins a million dollars it's going to be hard to explain.

I don't think that's going to happen. I believe (hope) that the jury would not choose her over someone else.

No doubt between now and the end of the show, she'll upset lots more players and screw her chances of any kind of win.

We will see...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 08:16 pm
Anybody missing Jimmy T. after he was voted off yesterday? I think it was a good choice, but want to see Marty get it next time, should there be one. Wink
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 05:36 am
There are apparently at least two people in the young tribe who view Nan (Na) as a human being. This is very discouraging. The coming attractions suggest that she will have some trouble next week. One can only hope.

So the old trible lost again. And the man with the mouth goes home. I think he might have stood a better chance if he hadn't sung. Who knows?

The coming attractions also suggest that there's a merge coming next week. Kinda early. Maybe the producers are seeing that old can't compete against young in this kind of game and are doing some equalizing. We'll see.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 06:23 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
The coming attractions also suggest that there's a merge coming next week. Kinda early. Maybe the producers are seeing that old can't compete against young in this kind of game and are doing some equalizing. We'll see.

I thought this too. The game is very physical even if you just consider the lack of food and conditions in which they have to sleep. You can still push on if you are young, but age makes it harder to endure. As the game becomes more mental and sociological I think the older people can have an advantage, but at this stage the young will rule.

No tears here for Jimmy T. - what an insecure doofus. Nay will do herself in, her type always does.
0 Replies