Survivor Nicaragua--Old v. Young

Irishk

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 08:49 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
There are apparently at least two people in the young tribe who view Nan (Na) as a human being.

LOL! Brenda and Chase? I still don't get why Brenda showed her where the hidden idol was. And...those clues aren't rocket science, but did you notice how hard it was for Naonka to figure them out??? She seems pretty clueless on all levels.

After watching the preview for next week, I'm not so sure they're going to merge. Looks more like a shake-up with some switching, but still two tribes. There's that shot of Naonka sitting alone and looking miserable (separated from Brenda?) but she's wearing the other tribe's buff! Same preview, Marty is wearing LaFlor's buff, with some of the young ones complaining about him.

Next challenge looks brutal, too. Human windmill? LOL.
Reyn

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 02:09 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
... After watching the preview for next week, I'm not so sure they're going to merge. Looks more like a shake-up with some switching, but still two tribes. There's that shot of Naonka sitting alone and looking miserable (separated from Brenda?) but she's wearing the other tribe's buff! Same preview, Marty is wearing LaFlor's buff, with some of the young ones complaining about him. ...

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Definitely way too early for a merge, but if they mix it up now, the theme of this series isn't really old vs. young anymore, is it?

Hmmm?
Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 02:50 pm
@Reyn,
Good pernt. The producers may have felt that they were between a rock and a hard place. Keep things the way they are, and watch the oldies disappear one by one. Or mix things up and screw the theme.

We'll find out next week.
Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 03:08 pm
@Roberta,
Didn't they do this also with the groupings by race? I thought they merged them earlier than usual too.
Irishk

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 03:53 pm
@Linkat,
They did mix up the ethnic groups to form new teams before the merge. That's what they're doing next week, but I think it was planned that way all along. Even the Medallion of Power wouldn't have helped the oldsters in the last challenge...they flat out got creamed. Naonka has a meltdown...can't wait lol.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 09:09 am
Anyone watch the 'Naonka Show' last night?

I felt bad that Tyrone was blindsided, but he got a good chicken dinner lol...even if it did cost him the game.

No tribal immunity next week! Looks like 2 may be going home.
Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 09:18 am
@Irishk,
One question - why the heck did they kill the chicken before they voted some one out? I'd say after tribal, you kill the chicken and then one less person to feed (and in this case one that had more than his share).

Do you need a rooster for chickens to lay eggs? I wondered about that - because to me it would seem you would just kill the rooster. What purpose does he have?
Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 09:23 am
@Linkat,
City girl here, but on another thread, Farmerman told me a rooster isn't necessary for hens to lay. Mr.Irish came to check on me when I was yelling "Kill the rooster!" at the TV lol.

And, YES! they should have waited until AFTER tribal!!! More chicken to go around lol.
sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 09:43 am
@Irishk,
I think you need a rooster if you want the eggs to hatch into chickens that you can fatten up and eat. (Instead of just staying eggs.) Probably too long of a timescale for this show.
Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 10:04 am
@sozobe,
That's what I thought, too, but if any of the 8 remaining brought it up, it was edited out, nor was it mentioned at TC. I haven't read Jeff's blog yet to see if he scoffs at them for it. He does love to stir it up at tribal council, though lol.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 10:20 am
@sozobe,
That was my understanding as well. I had a neighbor when I was a kid that had several chickens so they could have fresh eggs. They never had a rooster that is probably the only reason I would have none this.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 10:38 am
This is all Jeff had to say on chicken-gate.

Quote:
TELL THE TRUTH
You knew Tyrone was in trouble when the tribe said they wanted to kill the chicken and Tyrone said, “So we going with that?” But when he then followed it up with “I think we should keep it,” you knew he would get votes. But when he said “just be conscious of your neighbor” and then took the biggest piece of chicken, you knew he was done.

Reyn

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 11:30 am
@Irishk,
Quote:
... But when he said “just be conscious of your neighbor” and then took the biggest piece of chicken, you knew he was done.

I thought that was rather amusing, and hypocritical of Tyrone, quite frankly.

With the re-shuffling of the tribes, it will be interesting to see how the dynamics works out.

With the last tribal council, why did Jeff not ask, "If anyone has an individual immunity idol, and wants to use it, now is the time"? Seeing that there are 2 in play, should not the question been asked?

Also, Naonka's reaction to the rain was pathetic. why would you sign up if you don't think you could do it?
Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 12:31 pm
@Reyn,
I was thinking that too - but then again - I don't remember them doing this is the previous ones either - maybe as to keep the idea of an immunity idol secret.

Only those that found a clue would know - it wasn't common knowledge other than big mouths that told other people. Jeff isn't the one to let it slip out that there is an immunity idol.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:11 pm
@Reyn,
I think he probably did ask but since it wasn't used (Naonka has it, but didn't care if she went home), they edited it out. Past contestants have said the tribal councils take hours to film, yet we're only shown that small bit they manage to squeeze into the last 10 minutes or so.
Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:35 pm
I was watching the miners come out of the hole and was flipping back and forth. I missed who went home, but I had a feeling that Tyrone was done for.

I wondered why they didn't kill the rooster. They would have had a poultry dinner and still had two egg layers.

By this time in the season, I'm usually rooting for somebody. Nobody seems especially rootable. We'll see.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:42 pm
@Irishk,
Yes, but you are forgetting that Marty also has an immunity idol.

Perhaps it's an oversight?
Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:51 pm
@Reyn,
Marty is on the other tribe, though. How foolish was he for announcing to his new tribe that he has the idol? If they have a double elimination next week (and it looks like they will), he'll have his first chance to use it.
Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 03:49 pm
@Irishk,
Oh - he will be one of those that will refuse to use it and end up getting booted with the thing in his pocket.
Irishk

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:54 pm
@Linkat,
Ha! I could see that with Marty!

Two of my all-time favorite TC's...Survivor Gabon when Randy played the fake hidden immunity idol. As he was handing it to Jeff, the tribe members were cracking up because they knew it was fake and then the look on Randy's face when Jeff had to tell him it was a fake lol!! Double blindside!

Then, my girl Sandra whipping it out of her bra in Heroes vs. Villains -- not even giving Jeff a chance to finish asking the question LOL! That girl had game!

Roberta - I'm starting to like Jane and Chase, not that either of them get much face time with all the focus on Naonka. Despite her whining about quitting, I think she'll be around a few more weeks....probably make it to the jury.
0 Replies