Survivor Nicaragua--Old v. Young

Reyn

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 04:19 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I had difficulty viewing the videos of the ponderosa from the CBS/survivor website. So I just went onto Utube and did a search. Much easier viewing and you should be able to view that way.

Yes, that's the only way Canadians can see this content, as CBS blocks viewers from Canada seeing this stuff directly.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 04:20 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
... I'm rooting for Rob. I think he's played this game brilliantly so far. Fact is, I don't think anyone else has played much of a game at all. ...

I have to agree with you Roberta. I think he has been the cleverest of all the contestants.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 04:22 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

You can get to his playlist (mostly Survivor clips -- I think he uploads them for Canadians) by clicking on his youtube screenname, 'TheSonoerin'.

Yes, thanks, I've done that now! Smile
Reyn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 10:35 am
@Reyn,
I watched the 2 clips of Steve returning to the Ponderosa. Good fun! He lost 33 pounds! Laughing

I wasn't surprised at all that Andrea was voted out. Very predictible again. For a minute, Rob said he was thinking of getting rid of Phillip, but I knew he wasn't going to do it.

Next week should be more interesting, I hope.
boomerang

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 10:38 am
I'm super curious to see what Phillip is up to! He might be trickier than he looks. Or maybe he's just crazier than he looks (if that's possible). Should be fun!

I could not believe that Mike gave up his mom-time so that the intact tribe could see their relatives. Strange decision.
Linkat

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 10:47 am
@boomerang,
I thought at first it was too. But remember it is only 8 more days. And if he were to get to the final 3 - he may get a vote or two that way. I doubt it, but with only 8 days left, it may have been worth the short wait to see his mom again.
Irishk

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 11:02 am
@Linkat,
I doubt it'll help him with votes, either. He almost had no choice, though, and maybe if it's between him and, say, Rob at F2, one of the jury will remember it.

Different circumstances (no RI), but I remember when Cindy won a car from a challenge in Survivor Guatemala and then Jeff gave her the option of keeping it or giving it up...in which case, ALL of the remaining tribe members would get cars. She opted to keep it and deny her tribe-mates cars and was voted off in the next TC lol.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 11:10 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
I watched the 2 clips of Steve returning to the Ponderosa. Good fun! He lost 33 pounds! Laughing

Except for Philip, they're all looking rather skeletal at this point. Rob really looked in bad shape after that challenge, but I'm glad he didn't need the medic and seemed to recover somewhat on his own. I was nervous for him for a few minutes there!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:31 pm
I've decided I'm rooting for anyone who doesn't quote the Bible from now until the final episode. I'm starting to feel like I'm watching the 700 Club.
Irishk

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:19 pm
@Green Witch,
Laughing So far, it's just been Matt, Julie and now Mike, right? Maybe Philip? I can't remember, but I think he's relying on somewhat of a lower power to get him to the finals. Jeff cracked me up when he asked him about his 'counter-intelligence' skills last night.
Reyn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:07 pm
@Irishk,
Hey, do you think Phillip's sister and family will be tempted to change their last name after they view the show?

I think I would be embarrassed. Wink
Irishk

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 09:04 pm
@Reyn,
Ha! Smile No...I could see how much his sister adored him. I like Philip. I didn't like it when he went off on Steve and I don't like it sometimes when he tries to purposely annoy his tribe-mates (although he's now admitted that's his strategy for getting to the end). When he told that story about his Dad I was touched. I think he's been through things and seen things that some of us can only imagine. I don't think he'll win, though lol.
Roberta

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 04:11 am
I thought it was interesting that Philip said to his sister something like, "And you know I can play crazy."

I can picture it now. The final three. Philip says he's never been in the military, doesn't care about rice, and wore the pink underpants just to get people to think he was nuts. What a player!
Linkat

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:16 am
@Irishk,
I agree - I do think there is a method to his "madness". However, many people have played this game - often times it gets them to the final tribal, but I don't know if anyone has ever won overall because of their craziness or lack of likeability.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:17 am
@Roberta,
Did you notice though that Rob called him out - not in front of Phillip, but he mentioned he is concerned because Phillip can talk and Rob is suspicous of him. It seems (at least to the editing) that Rob may be on to Phillip's play.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 06:22 am
I actually got the feeling Philip's wackiness was a bit staged when he was trying to harpoon the hermit crabs. I remember thinking that while this is not normal behavior only an idiot would think it's an effective way to harvest crabs. I never felt Philip was idiot, but rather a guy who was delusional and liked to be the center of attention at any cost. So yeah, much of it could be an act.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 07:51 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Did you notice though that Rob called him out - not in front of Phillip, but he mentioned he is concerned because Phillip can talk and Rob is suspicous of him. It seems (at least to the editing) that Rob may be on to Phillip's play.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you and GW's comment below, but what's up with his technique? How is this going to get him into a winning position within the game?

Seems to me, it's just going to get him voted out.

I'm confused if it's all an act.
Linkat

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:48 am
@Reyn,
The logic it seems at least from what I can gander - is who would you want to go to the final with? Who would you think you can beat in votes from the jury? Phillip figures with him being "crazy" and annoying, he would be a shoe-in for anyone to want to go against.

But like what you said - who would then vote for him to win the final cash? He seems to think he can convince them with his talk - in other words he is going to convince them with the statements he makes and in answering questions.

There may be some validatity in that - in the sense that Rob actually mentioned Phillips ability to speak.

Either that or really good editing.
Reyn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:57 am
@Linkat,
Yes, I see what you mean, but, to me, it would all seem too late to convince jury members to vote him the million dollars and that he is worthy.

Just out of spite, I could see them sending him packing.

Although, I remember that there is a 2nd place prize, isn't there? $100,000, or?
Linkat

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:11 am
@Reyn,
Yeah - I think it is 100k. Nothing compared to the million though. I agree - and it hasn't worked to date.