If you were President...

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I don't understand the cry for morality from him when if his opinion is correct and there is no divine entity at the end of ones life. What is the penalty for such acts of immorality?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:38 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54988 wrote:
IN YOUR OPINION! What are you the moral crusader now? What comes now, how were bad Christians? If your a citizen of this country, the blood in on your hands. Stick that in your faithless morality pipe and have a smoke.

So me saying that killing innocent people is wrong makes me a moral crusder?:dunno:

Yet I don't hear a peep out of you when people condemn gays...
Numpty

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:38 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54994 wrote:
Are you one that also believe's there is no blood on his hands?

Define blood on my hands and the context in which you believe I do.

Also so you know where i stand, I was very much an advocate of going in a busting up ole Saddam, the ole WMD's scared the **** out of me. but hey I got lied to by my boos and your boss and now lots an lots of innocent people are dying because we want /need the black stuff. If was really about liberating people why not do it properly and take on North Korea and China. Look at the Tibetan people on TV being killed and the human right violated, don't see any sabre rattling going on and threats to invade China do you?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:39 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54997 wrote:
I don't understand the cry for morality from him when if his opinion is correct and there is no divine entity at the end of ones life. What is the penalty for such acts of immorality?

So you're telling me that the only reason you don't commit murder or adultry is because you're afraid of divine retribution?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:41 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54994 wrote:
Are you one that also believe's there is no blood on his hands?

Blood on the hands of an innocent bystander? I had no voice in the matter so how exactly is the blood on my hands when I had no control over what happened?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:50 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54998 wrote:
So me saying that killing innocent people is wrong makes me a moral crusder?:dunno:

Yet I don't hear a peep out of you when people condemn gays...
What's wrong with killing? Killing is a natural process, one in which you practice daily. On this planet, IMO without faith, what is morality? Nothing! Since our dawn of time, human has killed human, why now is it immoral?
Quote:
Yet I don't hear a peep out of you when people condemn gays
With no morality, what is wrong with condemning there abnormal behavior?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:52 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55002 wrote:
So you're telling me that the only reason you don't commit murder or adultry is because you're afraid of divine retribution?
Faith in my belief of what is right. Where do you derive your morality?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:53 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55004 wrote:
Blood on the hands of an innocent bystander? I had no voice in the matter so how exactly is the blood on my hands when I had no control over what happened?

Innocent you are not, your are as guilty as I. Even if complacency comes to play?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:58 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55009 wrote:
What's wrong with killing? Killing is a natural process, one in which you practice daily.

killing to survive. But thats not what i said is it? I said killing innocent people, i like how you conviently missed that part....

Quote:
On this planet, IMO without faith, what is morality?

a differenciation of beneficial and wrongful behavior.

Quote:

With no morality, what is wrong with condemning there abnormal behavior?

I take it that you think condemning the abnormal behavior of people with OCD to the same extent that gays are is okay?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 08:58 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;55000 wrote:
Define blood on my hands and the context in which you believe I do.

Also so you know where i stand, I was very much an advocate of going in a busting up ole Saddam, the ole WMD's scared the **** out of me. but hey I got lied to by my boos and your boss and now lots an lots of innocent people are dying because we want /need the black stuff. If was really about liberating people why not do it properly and take on North Korea and China. Look at the Tibetan people on TV being killed and the human right violated, don't see any sabre rattling going on and threats to invade China do you?
The government acts for it's citizens as they are elected representatives. The government is accountable to it's citizens as they are originally liable. The government was just the tool for the means.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:00 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55011 wrote:
Innocent you are not, your are as guilty as I. Even if complacency comes to play?

how so? :dunno:
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:01 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55012 wrote:
killing to survive. But thats not what i said is it? I said killing innocent people, i like how you conviently missed that part....

a differenciation of beneficial and wrongful behavior.

I take it that you think condemning the abnormal behavior of people with OCD to the same extent that gays are is okay?
I guess it depends on my opinion. With gays it's a choice where with OCD isn't.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55014 wrote:
how so? :dunno:

You are a citizen, the government acted on your behalf. the blood is on your hands not theres.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:05 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55010 wrote:
Faith in my belief of what is right. Where do you derive your morality?

As your belief in what you think is right prevents you from doing the immoral, so does mine. I'm not sure where exactly belief in the godman has anything to do with this, unless you're insenuating your fear of divine punishment is what drives you to be a good person.

My morallity comes from nature, as does yours.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:06 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55016 wrote:
You are a citizen, the government acted on your behalf. the blood is on your hands not theres.

My behalf? I don't recall telling the government to do any such thing, do you?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:08 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55015 wrote:
I guess it depends on my opinion. With gays it's a choice where with OCD isn't.

I think there are a lot of scientific studies that would disagree with that. Even so, do you think it would be morally wrong if people with OCD did their behavior by choice?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:09 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55017 wrote:
As your belief in what you think is right prevents you from doing the immoral, so does mine. I'm not sure where exactly belief in the godman has anything to do with this, unless you're insenuating your fear of divine punishment is what drives you to be a good person.

My morallity comes from nature, as does yours.
What's nature's rule about killing?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:10 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55020 wrote:
What's nature's rule about killing?

It's done for survival.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:13 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55019 wrote:
I think there are a lot of scientific studies that would disagree with that. Even so, do you think it would be morally wrong if people with OCD did their behavior by choice?
I've got one sister in law who after twenty years of hetero family life decided otherwise. I asked her. She said choice. You forget, not every body is born gay.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 09:16 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55022 wrote:
I've got one sister in law who after twenty years of hetero family life decided otherwise. I asked her. She said choice. You forget, not every body is born gay.

But don't tell me that ALL choose to be gay.

and you didn't answer my hypothetical question about choosing to have OCD.