If you were President...

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:47 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I've got nothing interesting to say. All I know is that if anyone on this site were to be elected President, we're all screwed.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 02:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53953 wrote:
I've got nothing interesting to say. All I know is that if anyone on this site were to be elected President, we're all screwed.

That all depends on your definition of "we", which is quite different from person to person.
briansol

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 04:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
If I were president:

Phase out social security, so that the generation in highschool now will never see a dime, yet has plenty of time to save for their retirement. Introduce tax-free savings, both as pre-tax deductions, and no-tax to cash in at 55+ to encourage saving.

Ban capital gains taxes, income taxes.

Raise excise taxes and import taxes to promote purchase of american goods and to keep more Mfg. jobs here. Encourage companies that do huge imports to us to follow in toyota and honda's foot steps, and actually assemble their foreign goods on domestic soil, thus employing american workers, but with technology and build quiality that doesn't suck like gm/ford/chrysler. (sorry).

Limit welfare, food stamps, other stipends to a maximum of 6 months for able-bodied persons; with this, make day care affordable/subsidized so single moms can work.

Change the method of 'appointments' to that of popular elections for Justices, certain cabinet, etc.

leave iraq/other occupied countries; reform 'us embassies' and their purpose in other countries, or remove completely. This should be a UN/Nato/WTO thing.

raise the speed limit 15mph

Mandate that every interstate highway must be at 3 lanes wide in and out for 5 miles in either direction for areas passing through cities of more than 10,000 people.

reform the federal reserve.
reform the irs

reward those who work hard in life, not those who do nothing.

fire 60% of the public education teachers. My sister is a teacher, and she's a dumbass. There's no way kids are learning from her. I'd fire her. She's not qualified for anything over kindergarten.

Drop no child left behind. Convert to every dumbass stays back until they aren't a dumbass anymore by trying. If you can't read See Spot Run, you shouldn't be in 7th grade. Change legal drop out age to 21 instead of 18.

install more hydro electric power stations on smaller rivers without damming them. Anything on the river could get a little water wheel to power their house with.

install more windmills in tornado alley.

require emission standards for trucks/diesels

declare it unconstitutional for states to ban the right to carry, and anything else in the constitution. State's should not have the power to over-ride federal mandates. Repeal funding of roads, seats in the house, etc if they don't comply.

along the same lines, dissolve the FCC. freedom of speech FTW. Introduce things like the netnanny for tv by rating to keep kids off certain radio stations if parents don't want them to listen to it. Same thing for tv. i'm tired of watching movies on TNT and having half the dialog missing because its bleeped out.

spend stupid amounts of money on hydrogen research.

i can go on for hours, but that's the gist of it
Numpty

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 04:12 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53865 wrote:
I think the brits have meddled in our affairs too much. It's what got them kicked out the first time.

Man you got it bad!! Of Spanish decent correct?

If I were president......

Make it a priority to stake alligence to the Queen of England, take the US back to it's ancecteral roots. Very Happy

Ensure where the stars on the flag are, put a Union Jack. :eek:

Nuke the Middle East and be done with it.

Vote for Me :patriot:
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 05:39 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53943 wrote:
As long as they pour down on you :thumbup:

What....you don't recognize yourself anymore?:drive:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 05:41 pm
@briansol,
briansol;53960 wrote:
If I were president:

Phase out social security, so that the generation in highschool now will never see a dime, yet has plenty of time to save for their retirement. Introduce tax-free savings, both as pre-tax deductions, and no-tax to cash in at 55+ to encourage saving.

Ban capital gains taxes, income taxes.

Raise excise taxes and import taxes to promote purchase of american goods and to keep more Mfg. jobs here. Encourage companies that do huge imports to us to follow in toyota and honda's foot steps, and actually assemble their foreign goods on domestic soil, thus employing american workers, but with technology and build quiality that doesn't suck like gm/ford/chrysler. (sorry).

Limit welfare, food stamps, other stipends to a maximum of 6 months for able-bodied persons; with this, make day care affordable/subsidized so single moms can work.

Change the method of 'appointments' to that of popular elections for Justices, certain cabinet, etc.

leave iraq/other occupied countries; reform 'us embassies' and their purpose in other countries, or remove completely. This should be a UN/Nato/WTO thing.

raise the speed limit 15mph

Mandate that every interstate highway must be at 3 lanes wide in and out for 5 miles in either direction for areas passing through cities of more than 10,000 people.

reform the federal reserve.
reform the irs

reward those who work hard in life, not those who do nothing.

fire 60% of the public education teachers. My sister is a teacher, and she's a dumbass. There's no way kids are learning from her. I'd fire her. She's not qualified for anything over kindergarten.

Drop no child left behind. Convert to every dumbass stays back until they aren't a dumbass anymore by trying. If you can't read See Spot Run, you shouldn't be in 7th grade. Change legal drop out age to 21 instead of 18.

install more hydro electric power stations on smaller rivers without damming them. Anything on the river could get a little water wheel to power their house with.

install more windmills in tornado alley.

require emission standards for trucks/diesels

declare it unconstitutional for states to ban the right to carry, and anything else in the constitution. State's should not have the power to over-ride federal mandates. Repeal funding of roads, seats in the house, etc if they don't comply.

along the same lines, dissolve the FCC. freedom of speech FTW. Introduce things like the netnanny for tv by rating to keep kids off certain radio stations if parents don't want them to listen to it. Same thing for tv. i'm tired of watching movies on TNT and having half the dialog missing because its bleeped out.

spend stupid amounts of money on hydrogen research.

i can go on for hours, but that's the gist of it

HELLO???????????????????????? The frig'n President doesn't have that much authority, for crying out loud. What do you think this is -- a monarchy????????
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 05:47 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;53962 wrote:
Man you got it bad!! Of Spanish decent correct?

If I were president......

Make it a priority to stake alligence to the Queen of England, take the US back to it's ancecteral roots. Very Happy

Ensure where the stars on the flag are, put a Union Jack. :eek:

Nuke the Middle East and be done with it.

Vote for Me :patriot:

Strange words for a man without a country. You're not English. You're something else, preferably something Third Worldish, marginally civilized, a bit smelly, with impermeable dirt under your fingernails. Somehow you've learned to speak English, but heck, most of the Middle East does, anyway. Yeah....I'd say you're spiritually and psychologically Middle Eastern. Get off my land. GET OFF MY LAND, TRESPASSER. I am a proud European Christian man. Get off my property now. :FU1::FU2::FU1:
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:03 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;53955 wrote:
That all depends on your definition of "we", which is quite different from person to person.

Definition of we is the population of the United States. No one here would ever make a good President.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 11:33 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53975 wrote:
HELLO???????????????????????? The frig'n President doesn't have that much authority, for crying out loud. What do you think this is -- a monarchy????????

Nothing i've touched on is something that hasn't been addressed by the fed gov't at some point in time. All is certainly within their means.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 01:03 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
here's another

impose a 15% tariff on any good not made in America by an American worker
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 05:51 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;54000 wrote:
here's another

The funniest part about that is, if enacted, people would see the price of many domestics rise sharply. Then they'd wonder why an American car, sold by an American company, carries this tariff.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 09:03 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53976 wrote:
Strange words for a man without a country. You're not English. You're something else, preferably something Third Worldish, marginally civilized, a bit smelly, with impermeable dirt under your fingernails. Somehow you've learned to speak English, but heck, most of the Middle East does, anyway. Yeah....I'd say you're spiritually and psychologically Middle Eastern. Get off my land. GET OFF MY LAND, TRESPASSER. I am a proud European Christian man. Get off my property now. :FU1::FU2::FU1:

Had a sense of humour bypass huh?

One thing I find quite interesting that even those that I would consider to be quite liberal are in favour of the death penalty. Quite Alien to me, ours was abolished in the 60's. I am not sold on it though, sometimes I think yes do it, some sicko's out there that need ending, trouble is too often there are people wrongly imprisoned, can it be right that one inoccent person is executed. I Need to think that one through more.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 04:08 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
here's another

That didn't work all that well when Jackson was Pres.
0 Replies

politically-wrong

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:17 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Only one mentioned the middle east?!! , and he said nuke em !! , guys dont u think the the US's biggest failures in foreign policy is always got something to do with the middle east? , how are u going to fight terrorism , will try to redefine terrorisim to allow moderates to fight along with the US , HAMAS vs FATAH vs ISRAEL , Iran and nuclear power , Sudan and Darfor, the UN , US involvement in world affairs?!!
politically-wrong

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:31 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
IF i was the US president ( and thinking along ur lines) i would spend billions on side tracking religion in the middle east , open educational institutes that graduates seculars whom i will support and help to make them lead their countries and be acceptable and popular to the public at the same time ( secular and popular) , generally eleminate the roots and sources of interational threats to the US, strengthen trade ties and insure the flow of oil while researching other means till commercial production stages, over throw the Iranian government at any cost installing a democratically elected one while i still can , never allow Russia to move into ecconomical stability also never letting it slip away to far into instability .
Numpty

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 03:57 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;54125 wrote:
Only one mentioned the middle east?!! , and he said nuke em !! , guys dont u think the the US's biggest failures in foreign policy is always got something to do with the middle east? , how are u going to fight terrorism , will try to redefine terrorisim to allow moderates to fight along with the US , HAMAS vs FATAH vs ISRAEL , Iran and nuclear power , Sudan and Darfor, the UN , US involvement in world affairs?!!

That was me and my tongue was firmly planted in cheek.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 06:28 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;54126 wrote:
over throw the Iranian government at any cost

Didn't we do that already? Didn't it cause the issue we're currently having?
politically-wrong

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 06:38 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54133 wrote:
Didn't we do that already? Didn't it cause the issue we're currently having?

you forgot to place a democratically elected government bro , these kind of governments have a long life-time expectation
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 05:00 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;54135 wrote:
you forgot to place a democratically elected government bro , these kind of governments have a long life-time expectation

You cannot just invade a country and install which ever leader you want. that doesn't work, and trust me it's been tried many times before. Where I am from there is an old saying:

"You'll attract more bees with honey than you will with vinagre"

I'll leave you to reflect on it's meaning.

The U.S. is not the world police nor should it be. The US is not obligated to root out evil and overthrow tyrants. We have already invaded a country and now we can neither leave nor stay in it. We also can't just put whoever we like in power, in order for a government to operate effectively the people need to trust and respect their leader, this will not happen if you choose their leader for them.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 07:58 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;54135 wrote:

*They* (us) forgot nothing. It was not in *their* (our) best interests to install a democratic government. The government that was there in the first place was, guess what bro, democratically elected.

Again, isn't this one pooch we've already screwed?