Numpty;54503 wrote:
Why would that be then oh literary master of the English language

Hypocracy maybe.
DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:50 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54455 wrote:
Assuming that entity exists and there was a directive Very Happy

Well there is no point debating any further if you are not prepared to read some supportive evidence for a particular argument

Like you haven't.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:06 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54527 wrote:
Hypocracy maybe.

ok you have completely lost me, my gramar is poor, now i am a hypocrit. Anything else you want to get off your chest?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:29 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;54396 wrote:
Nope! Invading a country ileagally, which we the allies did, only shows the contempt for diplomacy and democracy that leaves this world in such a perilous state.

No, I don't you will get an Amen, nor deserve one.

So, the fact that Bush got re-elected by our democratic system after he invaded Iraq doesn't count? Or did you mean by pre-invasion Iraq when you mentioned 'democracy'? Somebody isn't thinking clearly.
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:47 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54532 wrote:
So, the fact that Bush got re-elected by our democratic system after he invaded Iraq doesn't count? Or did you mean by pre-invasion Iraq when you mentioned 'democracy'? Somebody isn't thinking clearly.

Firstly, that wasn't the reason for the invasion, WMD's were.

Secondly, the UN, which both our countries are in is a democracy of Nations.

When you operate outside set parameters of decency you become no better than the people you wish to overthrow and liberate, if thar's your intention.
piznac

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 09:40 am
@Numpty,
Quote:
When you operate outside set parameters of decency you become no better than the people you wish to overthrow and liberate, if thar's your intention.

Now you and I both know you have to bend the rules from time to time for the greater good. IMO this war has been a pain is the ass. Costing us way to much and making us look bad. But ask the troops over there,. the one who really know. We are making a difference over there.

Was the invasion sanctioned and justified? That can be debated forever without a real truth coming to it(we US are not bound by any UN, there is no illegal.). Simple fact is this country has been a sore spot on our world for a very long time. Did we provoke some of it,. maybe so.

We,. yes WE the allied forces are once again fighting the forces of evil. Why can the world not rally behind us? We are ridding the world of tyrants and all around bad folks. Is this not true? And NO we are not talking the Muslims,. or the Christians,. or anything of that nature. We are talking about the "bad" guys here. We are getting close to a world where war is unheard of, and is not needed. Sadly that day has not come yet. Should we give up the fight? Yes we have blood on our hands,.. but I feel this is not a bad thing. Rid the world of all the bad apples, and we got ourselves a good world where we can pursue what we choose.

The debate is with our goals for this war. If you want to look upon it for what it is,. then we are helping. You will soon see Bush is not that important. We will have a new president soon,. and guess what? We are not pulling out of Iraq. This is voted by the people. I would like to see us get out of there,. simply because it will come to a point were we are doing it alone. It is not the US's job to do this by ourselves. We need the world to rally behind us and do SOMETHING about the places in the world where we still have subjugation of people,.. without rights(and the all around blights on our world. This includes the poor and down countries that need our help,.. war is not always the answer of course) Yes I may be wanting to push my way on some people. This may be true, but I have no problem with any form of government. So long as those governments do not threaten my own. Was Iraq a threat to our way of life? There again is a great debate.
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 09:59 am
@piznac,
Quote:
Was the invasion sanctioned and justified? That can be debated forever without a real truth coming to it(we US are not bound by any UN, there is no illegal.). Simple fact is this country has been a sore spot on our world for a very long time. Did we provoke some of it,. maybe so.

It is not the US's job to do this by ourselves. We need the world to rally behind us and do SOMETHING about the places in the world where we still have subjugation of people,.. without rights(and the all around blights on our world.

Well there in lies the problem my friend, you want people to rally behind you for the greater good of the world. A very noble idea and one which would be easy to believe in.

Problem is US and UK operated outside of the UN, the very people you want to rally behind you. What do you want, which is it? You don't need their authority but you want them to rally behind you?

It a bit like kicking someone in the bollocks and say it ok mate lets go kick that guy in the bollocks as well, you think the bloke on the floor with a couple of bruided egos is gonna help you, nu uh.

Then we have to get passed the real reason we are there and the countless lies and proaganda we are fed, no-one believes the Bush administration, never has a government been so mistrusted i would think.
piznac

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:23 am
@Numpty,
Im not asking for help from the so called UN,. Im asking it from the world. When the ones calling the shots are wrong it is our duty to go above them.

Quote:
Then we have to get passed the real reason we are there and the countless lies and proaganda we are fed, no-one believes the Bush administration, never has a government been so mistrusted i would think.

With very few facts,. I will take it at face value.

Because we stepped on a few toes to solve a problem we should be black balled for it? This is not a personal thing. There is a problem. The world needs to get together and solve it. Leave the pety BS somewhere behind us.
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:32 am
@piznac,
piznac;54556 wrote:
Im not asking for help from the so called UN,. Im asking it from the world. When the ones calling the shots are wrong it is our duty to go above them.

With very few facts,. I will take it at face value.

Because we stepped on a few toes to solve a problem we should be black balled for it? This is not a persoanl thing. There is a problem. The world needs to get together and solve it. Leave the pety BS somewhere behind us.

FACT - Went to Iraq because of threat from WMD's.

FACT - None found.

FACT - Lied to by our Governments.

You chase Utopia, but it cannot be achieved at the end of a gun. China is a comunist Dictatorship, as is North Korea, why have we not gone to war with them, their human rights are appaling, much worse than Iraqs. If that is your motivation, start with the real threats first.
piznac

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:48 am
@Numpty,
Quote:
Lied to by our Governments.

Or our gov's were mistaken. or mislead.

Quote:
China is a comunist Dictatorship, as is North Korea, why have we not gone to war with them, their human rights are appaling, much worse than Iraqs. If that is your motivation, start with the real threats first.

Well thats a whole other subject. And hard to use as a rebuttal as it would just be us doing more of what you seem to be against. I am torn on that subject. China is appalling to me, but it is not my say. But there are terrorist organizations in this world that need to be dealt with. I have no doubt that invading Iraq has done two things we needed. We have liberated a people(or are working to that end),.. but more importantly we have issued a statement to the world. If you guys want to continue to allow this madness,.. fine. We will not.
Numpty

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:59 am
@piznac,
piznac;54562 wrote:
Or our gov's were mistaken. or mislead.

Well thats a whole other subject. And hard to use as a rebuttal as it would just be us doing more of what you seem to be against. I am torn on that subject. China is appalling to me, but it is not my say. But there are terrorist organizations in this world that need to be dealt with. I have no doubt that invading Iraq has done two things we needed. We have liberated a people(or are working to that end),.. but more importantly we have issued a statement to the world. If you guys want to continue to allow this madness,.. fine. We will not.

What madness was there before 9/11? Really how many attacks? you yourself have shown me certain information that asks many a questions about that day.

I lived with the IRA for ALL of my life, the UK was bombed far more many times killing more people than the 7/7 bombings ever did, yet our government and media are hysterical with fear, or so it would seem.

You have shown me countless articals and documentries details questionable activities, yet you are here defending the foreign policy, but also questioning it aswell.

Again, what is you want a rethink on foreign policy or utopia at the end of a gun. You know aswell as I one man defending his home is worth more than 10 attacking it. You guys invented guerilla warfare and you will taste more if you persue the course of action you want.
piznac

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:12 pm
@Numpty,
Quote:
You have shown me countless articals and documentries details questionable activities, yet you are here defending the foreign policy, but also questioning it aswell.

I'm just debating friend. Sides are irrelevant. Wink

Quote:
What madness was there before 9/11? Really how many attacks?

For the last however many years I turn on the news and hear about this car bombing,. or that suicide bombing. The attacks are ongoing,.. yes this is the first major one on our soil.

Quote:
Again, what is you want a rethink on foreign policy or utopia at the end of a gun.

Sometimes the only way to have peace is at the end of a gun. Untill all is different that will continue to be the case. hopefully we will continue to work at a society that does not need this.

And yes I have shown you many things that question many of things Im trying to protect here. People saying something is,.. does not make it fact. Like I said there are so very few facts sorrunding the events I find my self with no choce but to take it at face value.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:29 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54544 wrote:
Firstly, that wasn't the reason for the invasion, WMD's were.

Secondly, the UN, which both our countries are in is a democracy of Nations.

What naivete. No.....the UN is not an international democracy, or at least not one of any great consequence. The powerful rule. Everybody knows that, except you, apparently. Keep fighting to destroy your heritage and nation. Just remember that the barbarians for whom you're slaving will take you to slaughter immediately after you give them full power. You'll deserve it, quite obviously. Ha.:no:
Numpty

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:34 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54583 wrote:
What naivete. No.....the UN is not an international democracy, or at least not one of any great consequence. The powerful rule. Everybody knows that, except you, apparently. Keep fighting to destroy your heritage and nation. Just remember that the barbarians for whom you're slaving will take you to slaughter immediately after you give them full power. You'll deserve it, quite obviously. Ha.:no:

You miss the point I am afraid, in the context of the conversation Piz and I were having we, as you will clearly see by reading the all the posts instead of the last one, were debating the legality of the war and how certain directives were breached who was the governing body and whether it is correct to operate outside of the wishes of the world. We debated the issue with our views, playing devils advocated against on another.

Does the UN work? for a good percentage I believe it does, is it full of Nations with vested intrests spoiling for superiority, of course it is. They are after all politicians.

Not sure what my heritage has to do with this, though you do seem pre-occupied with it at the moment.

Another personal attack was it?
DiversityDriven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
God forbid we offend the world. Fuckem
Quote:
People saying something is,.. does not make it fact.
Unless your sabz.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:34 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54583 wrote:

Just a quick question Pino....

Who created the U.N.? Just curious :dunno:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:36 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54596 wrote:
God forbid we offend the world. Fuckem

God forbid some impovershed desert people should offend us...
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 07:00 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
If you ask them, god did forbid, LOL.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 04:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54622 wrote:
Just a quick question Pino....

Who created the U.N.? Just curious :dunno:

In theory, Woodrow Wilson.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 04:14 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54594 wrote:
You miss the point I am afraid, in the context of the conversation Piz and I were having we, as you will clearly see by reading the all the posts instead of the last one, were debating the legality of the war and how certain directives were breached who was the governing body and whether it is correct to operate outside of the wishes of the world. We debated the issue with our views, playing devils advocated against on another.

Does the UN work? for a good percentage I believe it does, is it full of Nations with vested intrests spoiling for superiority, of course it is. They are after all politicians.

Not sure what my heritage has to do with this, though you do seem pre-occupied with it at the moment.

Another personal attack was it?

Got your finger on the complaint button, do ya? Keep it there until I get back with you. Just hold that pose.:approve:
0 Replies