If you were President...

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 06:31 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54362 wrote:
Tough crap. We're doing the Free World's dirty work. Our critics can kiss off.

Can I get an Amen!
Numpty

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:46 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54386 wrote:
Can I get an Amen!

Nope! Invading a country ileagally, which we the allies did, only shows the contempt for diplomacy and democracy that leaves this world in such a perilous state.

No, I don't you will get an Amen, nor deserve one.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:12 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54362 wrote:
Tough crap. We're doing the Free World's dirty work. Our critics can kiss off.

Your not doing the "free worlds dirty work " your doing what your imbecile of a President and his neo-con mates want.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:02 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54396 wrote:
Nope! Invading a country ileagally, which we the allies did, only shows the contempt for diplomacy and democracy that leaves this world in such a perilous state.

Illegal by whose standards?
Numpty

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:48 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;54403 wrote:
Illegal by whose standards?

Been here before, UN security council did not sanction an invasion, as part of the council the countries there in abide by its decissions. US, UK, all the other allies that invaded, went against the UN's decission, it wasn't sanctioned.

Guardian | Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

If you didn'y know Mr Annan is the main man at the UN.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 07:23 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54396 wrote:

Day gonna be chop'n off yo hade, Homie....like 'r, reeeeeel soon'n sit, aeeet?:afro:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 07:24 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54400 wrote:
Your not doing the "free worlds dirty work " your doing what your imbecile of a President and his neo-con mates want.

Yeah, with plenty of British help, and that includes you Scottish. THANKS FOR THE HELP, MATE.:thumbup:Very Happy:thumbup:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54414 wrote:
Yeah, with plenty of British help, and that includes you Scottish. THANKS FOR THE HELP, MATE.:thumbup:Very Happy:thumbup:

I was against the war in Iraq from the start pino,as was the majority of the country,and the main reason Tony Blair is out of a job :thumbup:
Numpty

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:03 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54433 wrote:
I was against the war in Iraq from the start pino,as was the majority of the country,and the main reason Tony Blair is out of a job :thumbup:

Unfortunately I took the propaganda hook, line and sinker, not again will I be so easily duped by those with vested interests out side of these boarders.

Being an ex forces kid I support our troops 100% and will not say one bad word about the job they have to do, be it Afganistan or Iraq. I just don't believe they should be there.

Too many sheep out there, Baahaahaa
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 01:07 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54438 wrote:
Unfortunately I took the propaganda hook, line and sinker, not again will I be so easily duped by those with vested interests out side of these boarders.

Being an ex forces kid I support our troops 100% and will not say one bad word about the job they have to do, be it Afganistan or Iraq. I just don't believe they should be there.

There was a great documentary on ITV 4 the other night numpty,it was about news coverage on the war in iraq,you would have found it very interesting.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:37 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54409 wrote:
Been here before, UN security council did not sanction an invasion, as part of the council the countries there in abide by its decissions. US, UK, all the other allies that invaded, went against the UN's decission, it wasn't sanctioned.

Guardian | Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

If you didn'y know Mr Annan is the main man at the UN.

The UN is insignificant on every level, and it would be nowhere if the US decided to stop supporting it. The UN couldn't take care of Saddam or anything else for that matter, so their inability to do their duty has merely forced the US and its allies to do something about it.
Numpty

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:44 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;54445 wrote:
The UN is insignificant on every level, and it would be nowhere if the US decided to stop supporting it. The UN couldn't take care of Saddam or anything else for that matter, so their inability to do their duty has merely forced the US and its allies to do something about it.

Did you actually read the article?

Kofi basically said the war was ileagal, however in order to get ALL the nations to back a conflict then i directive would need to have been set ensure it was leagal, if your insist on being the 'worlds police' then you need to go to take the moral high ground, its called taking responsibility and being the 'bigger man'. Otherwise you end up being labelled a bully, like ya'll are now.

Karma?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:49 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I know what the UN thinks of Iraq, I didn't have to read it.

Anyway, the UN wouldn't support the US if it decided to declare war on Satan.
Numpty

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 04:28 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;54448 wrote:
I know what the UN thinks of Iraq, I didn't have to read it.

Anyway, the UN wouldn't support the US if it decided to declare war on Satan.

Assuming that entity exists and there was a directive Very Happy

Well there is no point debating any further if you are not prepared to read some supportive evidence for a particular argument
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 06:19 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54396 wrote:

Quote:
Nope! Invading a country ileagally,
Prove it?
Quote:
which we the allies did,

Got link?
Quote:
only shows the contempt for diplomacy and democracy that leaves this world in such a perilous state.
When you get through the first two let me know, then we'll talk about the third.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 06:25 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54438 wrote:

Denying a bad word and a bad word all in the same sentence. You shouldn't say and i don't believe they should be there dont fit in the same sentence.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:49 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54433 wrote:

Still, YOU Brits helped out. THANK YOU.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 02:58 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54472 wrote:
Still, YOU Brits helped out. THANK YOU.

Against the wishes of the majority of the population,sooner they get out the better.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 03:30 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54469 wrote:
Denying a bad word and a bad word all in the same sentence. You shouldn't say and i don't believe they should be there dont fit in the same sentence.

Why would that be then oh literary master of the English language
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 06:39 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54371 wrote:
Should good people 'wait' to be asked to do the right thing? If your log cabin catches on fire with you inside it, should we 'wait' for to you ask us to save you?

and I think painting your house for you is a good thing. Except I'm gonna paint your house the color I want, and I want your house to be hot pink. How would you like that?
0 Replies