sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:32 pm
@salima,
Some I suspect are taking their sweet time,
A little circumspective.
You know how freshly delicately keen some of us are.
And it was a trauma.
But the wounds are healing.
And guys if you are reading this and still in doubt,
give it a try,
it really is accommodating and most of us are still here I hope.
or at least let us know where you are and that you are safe.

I really wish we could see who was logged in,
before I felt as if you were in the room with me as I could see your name at the bottom of the page and even check to see what you were up to.

Robert if you read this, what are the chances of this feature in the future?
It would really feel more like 'Forum' rather than 'Screen'.

All my best,
My best all,
Best all my.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:39 pm
I don't know if and how you can find someone who has only logged in and not posted, or, not even logged in, but just reading. But, if someone has posted, you can usually find that shown in the Google Custom Search window at the top right of the page.
thunder34

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:39 pm
What happened to the forum?! I didn't see any news about anything nor did I get an email. Could someone explain it all to me please?
KaseiJin

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:42 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

I really wish we could see who was logged in,

Hey there sometime sun . . . I can fully agree with you on this one. That little extra there I had gotten so used to. It can be done here if you open the profile page of a member--and by opening one's own profile page, and clicking on those who are being followed, will do the same--but that is somewhat more time and energy consuming than having it up front (main page bottom, as is usually the case) or on the post label of each member.

Of course, I can live without such a function, but I do agree with you . . . it 'twas a little nicety.
sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:51 pm
@ossobuco,
No the point I was making was I knew they were there.
It was not a search, I could see all who were aboard.
All listed there at the bottom of the screen.
It gave the feel of company,
You don't need to talk to everyone at the party,
but you can survey a room and know all are present.
It makes you want to do something that will attract the attention of a given member who is present with out knocking on his/her door.
But that may just be me.

But I do also understand how hard this would be to implement in a place with so many logged in at once.
But I would hope it could be done for each individual forum and not the whole.

Thanks for the help.
sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:54 pm
@thunder34,
Great to see you thunder34
Give it a chance.
Read this thread and any other Philforum threads, full of answers.

Personally I still don't know 'why' but am starting to trust what we now have.
Spend some time, take a look around.

And keep in touch.
sometime sun
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:57 pm
@sometime sun,
Hi Sun,
On our friends list back in phili we had little green lights to say who was in or not. That would be good, if it were just for our followers/followed.

Any chance of that Robert?
Mark...
sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 07:03 pm
@KaseiJin,
Great to see you KaseiJin.

Yes we must learn to live with our losses,
But there are wonderful new gains as well.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 07:06 pm
@mark noble,
I breath a sigh and realise it is not phili, as phili is still there able to be revisited.
Sigh (sad sun sings)
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:47 pm
For what it's worth, I'm checking in. Neutral I joined the philforum just a few weeks ago and instantly loved it. The members of that board will most likely not remember me but I remember many of those who are on this thread and a few who - unfortunately - are not...

I'm one of the ones who has no formal (or informal, for that matter) schooling in philosophy, posted a few times on the board, but mostly just enjoyed the philisophical understandings of one or another member there.

Although I do miss the more conventional format that the philforum offered - for many reasons, I would like to stick around. That said, can anyone point me in the direction of some sort of structure of this site?
mark noble

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:59 pm
@thack45,
Hi Thack,
Trace all the phili related threads - It's all in there.
Glad you made it through the wormhole.
Welcome indeed.
Mark...
0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:02 pm
@thack45,
Hello there thak 45. It's good to see you here, although I will have to admit that your username is only vague to me (I think I do recall having seen it somewhere, but cannot be sure of the accuracy of that feeling).

As for structure here on a2k, the tabs at the top will be useful, (see Popular, My Friends, . . . My Posts, New Topics, etc. Additionally, for a full screen shot of all the available subject titles, click on the big 'able?know' at the upper top left corner of any page, and it'll take you to a big, one page spread of everything. If you see any names you know, in any threads, click on them, and then click the green (I think it's green, I'm color blind) 'follow' tab on the right side of the screen below that user's avatar (often enough simply some predetermined design) space, and then on your own personal profile page, you'll be able to always click on that person's avatar, and see their profile page, and then go to all their recent posts...and check it all out.

I hope this helps some. Other wise, one more good thing is to spend some time, and check out the whole place.

sometime sun

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:06 pm
@thack45,
It is great to see you.
Let us know how you go and where you land.
0 Replies

ughaibu

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:01 pm
So, where's VCS?
salima

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:07 am
@KaseiJin,
cool-i never thought to click on 'able2know'
salima

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:10 am
@ughaibu,
unless he is hiding, he hasnt checked in. his last post was at the old homestead...
0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:15 am
@salima,
salima wrote:

cool-i never thought to click on 'able2know'

Glad you saw that salima baheen. Yep, being somewhat of an explorer type...I just kind of clicked on a lot of things to see if any went...and LO and BEHOLD...that one did. (I guess the tendency comes from those old days of trying to hit up on anything wearing a skirt....hee, hee, hee.....NO JOKE...I never was like that)
salima

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:37 am
@KaseiJin,
you are like a kid, can figure out how it works even if he doesnt know what it is...me, i need an instruction encyclopedia!
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:12 pm
@ughaibu,
I think he is here because he is following some so must have at least checked in.
Here's hoping they are just readying them selves to be as brilliant as usual.

Come on guys I miss you.
sometime sun

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:08 pm
To all my friends and those who I have chosen to follow. (although I think 'follow' is a bit overly grandiose and a little suspicious)
Before when we were back home I made a point of never asking for a friendship.
As I needed to be sure you wanted me.
Here however I have come to find that the only real and most successful way for me to find you is to follow you.
I am sorry if you didn't want me in your profile but there really seems to be little alternative for me to be able to swiftly find you and know you are here, (really missing the names of the logged in at the bottom).
All my thanks and hope you don't mind to much.
sometime sun