chad3006

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:39 am
@Krumple,
I've been able to edit my posts right away.?
Jebediah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:39 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

sometime sun wrote:

Oh Krumple it is so good to see you, you must let me know where you go if you go somewhere else.
I feel so damned naked,
Do you know what happened to our private messages?

that is a great question, hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but i have a feeling we will begin our mourning of them any minute now.

Did the PM's get deleted?? I used it as a personal notepad from time time...now it seems like it only saves the most recent?
G-Thomson

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:43 am
I made it.
It's odd and new.
I know it's a minor issue, but I just don't like the layout.
I'll stick around though.
JPB

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:46 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Thank you so much JPB, it is the attention of members like you that will make this easier on us dispossessed.
Thank you again

You're welcome. I should post on the ballroom thread as the A2Ker most averse to change. I feel your pain, but look forward to seeing your discussions.
0 Replies

josh0335

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:47 am
@sometime sun,
Hey everyone, Josh here.

Lol I wasn't much of a presence at philforum so you guys might not even recognise me! I have to admit I'm not really feeling it here so I might be on the lookout for a new home if I don't get used to it. sometime sun, salima says hi. I'll pass on your email to her as I don't think she'll be posting much here either.
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:49 am
@Jebediah,
Jebediah wrote:

Krumple wrote:

sometime sun wrote:

Oh Krumple it is so good to see you, you must let me know where you go if you go somewhere else.
I feel so damned naked,
Do you know what happened to our private messages?

that is a great question, hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but i have a feeling we will begin our mourning of them any minute now.

Did the PM's get deleted?? I used it as a personal notepad from time time...now it seems like it only saves the most recent?

it appears as though they are not intact.
0 Replies

Emil

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:52 am
This forum is trash.
JPB

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:55 am
@Emil,
Emil phil wrote:

This forum is trash.

Hello to you, too!

"Trash" is probably my least favorite word in the English language, particularly when it's used in reference to people, places, or things I care about.
G-Thomson

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:57 am
@JPB,
Yeah, you can tell that some real open-minded and intellectual people have come from our forum...
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:59 am
@chad3006,
How? Are they only able before someone replies to them?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:00 am
Hi, philosophers. On the question of the pms, Robert mentioned yesterday that the data is stored and will but added on a2k when he gets time to. I forget which thread that was in.

Ah, found it -

See: http://able2know.org/topic/152690-1#post-4165702

(I found that post by looking up Robert's profile and reviewing his recent posts)

On editing, if I remember, it is a matter of time, my guess being something like four minutes.
0 Replies

chad3006

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:00 am
@sometime sun,
I don't know.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:02 am
@Jebediah,
It went out my mind as I rushed to save my blogs.
I have a lot of work in mine as well.
Luckily I got the email addresses members have sent to me.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:02 am
@G-Thomson,
It takes some adjusting, but you will get the hang of it.
Great to see you.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:04 am
@josh0335,
It is great to see you when and where ever.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:07 am
@Emil,
Emil phil wrote:

This forum is trash.

oh come on, not everything trashy is bad... heh
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:12 am
If it's any consolation to you, this format is fairly newish to us too and we weren't as civilized about it as you are now. I am impressed by your (almost)
optimistic outlook.

a2k (able2know) isn't a sole philosophy forum, we're melting different topics, ideas and nationalities, so be gentle when some of us don't consider English as
our mother tongue.

As for the edit function: you can edit your post as long as someone hasn't
replied yet. I actually like this function as previously posts were altered to
the extend that it was completely out of context to the original and all follow-up
posts made little sense.

Welcome to a2k, enjoy and stay out of the politic forum Wink
0 Replies

G-Thomson

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:14 am
@sometime sun,
Good to see you too!
I hope that while this forum is larger, it will still keep in a sort of close-knit formation.
Obviously expanding a little too in the process.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:19 am
i hope i am replying to the thread i was just reading...hello everyone! dont you feel like someone picked up our whole neighborhood and just threw it into the middle of another world and we are all separated now and lost...

i am a slow learner...so far as i can tell there is no pm,no blog, no photo albums, no place to leave visitor messages on profile pages...dont know how to get my avatar, and i was really beginning to look like her...no member directory and no way to find people that we knew on the forum and everyone on our former friends lists are gone too...

kj has been looking in and jeeprs...dont know what happened to catchabula. hope hue man and bright noon and deep thot and mister kitten ...i think i will go home and try and make a list of everyone who is still missing...where are the smilies? i want a crying one...hmm, no bold, italic, underline or fonts or highlights...

i probably will stick to this thread for awhile...eek, it's dark out there!
Jebediah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:21 am
It's amazing how weird it is to try and talk when people don't have the avatars you are used to them having.