Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:20 am
Hello it is sometime sun, I am totally lost and scared, I just needed to see who made it, what you think of it and if you may be going somewhere else I would like to know where.

All my best sometime sun
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 74 • Views: 54,015 • Replies: 736

Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:25 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Hello it is sometime sun, I am totally lost and scared, I just needed to see who made it, what you think of it and if you may be going somewhere else I would like to know where.

All my best sometime sun

i think im here, not really digging it, doesn't feel like a very good philosophy atmosphere to me, but that could just be an attachment issue to the old set up.
Khethil

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:28 am
Hey Sun,

You're not alone! Let's stay a while, check it out and see if it sinks in. I'm keeping my options open - checking other philosophy resources on the net but for now, I'm hoping I'll get used to this set up.

Stay in touch!
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:30 am
@Krumple,
Oh Krumple it is so good to see you, you must let me know where you go if you go somewhere else.
I feel so damned naked,
Do you know what happened to our private messages?
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:32 am
@Khethil,
Khethil it is good to see you also,
I intend to stay as long as all my friends are found.
If any one wants to reach me and worry they cant find me my email is [email protected]
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:36 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Oh Krumple it is so good to see you, you must let me know where you go if you go somewhere else.
I feel so damned naked,
Do you know what happened to our private messages?

that is a great question, hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it, but i have a feeling we will begin our mourning of them any minute now.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:42 am
@sometime sun,
Can we not come together and those who decide to go on from here all could go to the same place, we did not have time to do this, to poll the members for best alternatives.
This is not to say I have automatically given up on this place but I can see many features I used to rely on are absent, for a start I don't know who is on line or not.
What else are you missing?
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:46 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Can we not come together and those who decide to go on from here all could go to the same place, we did not have time to do this, to poll the members for best alternatives.
This is not to say I have automatically given up on this place but I can see many features I used to rely on are absent, for a start I don't know who is on line or not.
What else are you missing?

chat
friending (you can only friend watch here using a following feature)
post count
thanked count
thread subscriptions
thread monitoring
blogs
groups
jgweed

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:07 am
Well, I am here. I think that we really need to give the place a chance, make an real effort to maintain the philosophic quality of the posts and discussions and even improve on it. Once we all figure out how everything "works" here, I am sure that we can also find ways to make it "work" for us, philosophically speaking. Right off the bat, I am next to certain that "tagging" new subjects will be extremely important, and that we will need to pay more attention to Topic Titles.

sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:09 am
@jgweed,
Oh it is good to see you also,
is there a mistake or can we not edit out posts?
How do I put this one in the philosophy forum area?
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:13 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Oh it is good to see you also,
is there a mistake or can we not edit out posts?
How do I put this one in the philosophy forum area?

There should be an edit button along the top the post you want to edit.

I think when the topic is generated it allows you to place it in the section you want it to belong to, but i don't think you can do it after the fact.

I know you can tag the topic for future reference. There is a link at the top of the thread that you can use to tag the thread.

EDIT: maybe by editing your original post, it will allow you to move it into the section you want it in? This is just a guess though.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:25 am
@Krumple,
I think you can only edit it up until someone relies to it.
Not sure but none of my posts that have been replied to seem to be able to be changed.
Where is every one?
This should be a mandatory PhilForum member thread.
It lets us ALL know where we ALL are, or not as my fears are being realised.
Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:27 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

I think you can only edit it up until someone relies to it.
Not sure but none of my posts that have been replied to seem to be able to be changed.
Where is every one?

oh you are right. lame. sadness gets thicker.
mark noble

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:27 am
Hi All, This is not the home I am accustomed to. Everything yesterday was perfect, today I am lost. This is not a good turn up for the books! I will give it a go too, but... Those who are here - Guys, it's nice to see you!!!!! Can you take me home now please?
Mark...

(Moderator edit: E-mail address removed to prevent its harvesting by spambots. jgw)
chad3006

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:28 am
@sometime sun,
I'm here. It took some doing, but I made it. The controls are completely different from any forum I've been a member. That'll take some getting used to. But, I'm optimistic so far. I haven't been flamed yet. I heard someone say there's a goat forum here? I'll have to look into that.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:31 am
@mark noble,
We are all a little lost, let your senses tame to the new light for a week and then we can start to piece things together, first things first, who is here?
Also does anyone know what I punch into my browser to get me here?
JPB

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:32 am
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

You folks may want to "follow" each other. Click on a username and select "follow user" under the avatar. Then you can click on "My Friends" at the top to see what each of you is up to.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:33 am
@chad3006,
Thank heavens you are.
What were your problems?
sometime sun

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:34 am
@JPB,
Thank you so much JPB, it is the attention of members like you that will make this easier on us dispossessed.
Thank you again
chad3006

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:35 am
@sometime sun,
Apparently I didn't have my email setup properly in the old forum. I didn't get the email with the new link, etc. I did a google search this morning for "jgweed philosophy" and found it. Then I created a temp profile, PM'd Robert and he fixed me up.
0 Replies