ARE YOU ORIGINAL A2Kr's Glad We Came, After All?

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 03:56 pm
Hi Folks,
You've had a little taste of both our collective and individual mindset by now. So tell me/us, what do you really think, and are you glad to have us on board?
Thank you, all. Be merry.
Mark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 31 • Views: 10,232 • Replies: 109

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:00 pm
always good to have new blood in a forum as far as i'm concerned
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:04 pm
So many threads to choose from, you could spent a week here just browsing.
Yes, I very much like all the different opinions. I'm even changing my own.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:10 pm
@mark noble,
It's always good to have more people posting/starting new threads/presenting different perspectives.

I think that most people who were aware that "you" were coming were looking forward to your collective arrival.

I know that I've really enjoyed reading a number of the new members' posts.

It's all to the good.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:10 pm
@mark noble,
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/NoCommentGe128414999753552500.jpg
0 Replies

G-Thomson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:13 pm
I must say that I'm starting to get the hang of this place and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
I miss the old layout and colours though.
This white is WHITE!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:15 pm
I would say it is mostly positive. A2k needed a bit of a boost.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:19 pm
I'm very happy you're all here. I'm a little philosophy overwhelmed, but I'm also going to learn a lot, me being one of the least philosophy nuts and bolts inclined a2kers.
JPB

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:24 pm
@mark noble,
I appreciate the effort of the folks who decided to stick around a bit and get a feel for those of us who were already here. I too thought A2K was getting a bit stale, with the regulars becoming predictable and the site a bit boring (not excluding myself from that mix).

The first couple days were difficult for you folks and not necessarily easy for us either. I'm glad for those who have stayed. For those who didn't, I hope the door didn't hit them too hard on the way out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:31 pm
@mark noble,
Mark, are you Scottish? Just noticed you are from Wales. Do you know this place?

http://www.old-picture.com/europe/pictures/Raglan-Castle.jpg

Although I don't get into the philosophy forum much anymore, it's nice to have you on board.
JPB

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:34 pm
On the other hand, I'm somewhat reminded of folks who buy a house near the airport and then complain about the noise. Or, like my SIL, who moved into a house adjacent to a college campus and then complained that she couldn't sleep well at night because of the neighbors.

I know the users of the philoforum didn't ask to come here. I get the angst of being uprooted and dropped on another site. Trust me, I hate change -- I do get it. But I also think the pissing and whining has gone on long enough.

Someone (I don't remember who) made a comment about waiting to see if he/she was being treated as a paying guest. I almost lost it with that one. Anyone who feels they're being treated like a paying guest they should check their wallet. I don't think it's gotten any lighter from the stay.
G-Thomson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:40 pm
@JPB,
It may have been manored who said that, for I seem to remember that comment too.
I don't know for sure though.
I've found a2k to be nothing but hospitable to it's new guests. I mean, there was even someone who took the time to create a tutorial for us on how to use the site. (Forgive me, as the username has slipped my mind. Something to do with a butterfly maybe?)
mark noble

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:42 pm
@Letty,
Hi Letty,
Glad to make your acquaintance. I live in Wales, was born here too, but I am not scottish because... Wales isn't in Scotland? Neither am I welsh... I am human.
That is a lovely photograph of Raglan castle though.
I am a poetic author Letty, so I'll be coming to the poetry section to see you.
Have a fantastic evening Letty, and thank you for your post.
Mark...
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:44 pm
@G-Thomson,
Butrflynet - she is routinely one of our most helpful site members.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:46 pm
@mark noble,
Mmmm, I was told by my parents that I'm 1/16th Welsh.. (the rest of 'em from County Mayo in Ireland).
0 Replies

G-Thomson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Butrflynet - she is routinely one of our most helpful site members.

Yes, she has been extremely helpful.
0 Replies

G-Thomson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:50 pm
@Letty,
I'm Scottish. I don't know if that makes any difference to your question to Mark or not though.
JPB

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:52 pm
@G-Thomson,
We'll have to introduce you to McTag. I think he's traveling this weekend.
G-Thomson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:56 pm
@JPB,
I look forward to it. Very Happy
For such a vast website, there does seem to be a tight-knit community also.
I'm impressed.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 05:01 pm
@mark noble,
Yes, most definitely!

As others have already said, different threads and different ideas can never be wrong.

It is good to see new folks trying out A2K and giving it an honest go.

As I said in a different thread around the same topic, the "existing bunch at this forum" have undergone many changes over the years. Some have weathered it well, and some have fallen away.

I've been here since 2005, and others since its start (2002?). My activity wains sometimes, but I always check-in to read the latest.
0 Replies