What do women look for in men Personality or Looks?

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
Do you think mrs. c.i. picked you because she saw $$$$ ?

If that is the basis of your relationship, I am very sorry for both of you.
YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

@plainoldme,
Yes, hello, I know you dislike my political views, but maybe you should..."get a hobby" and quit randomly responding to anything I write. I read the question--I didn't know I couldn't just answer the question that was posed. Or maybe the topic police will come and get me? You really are someone to be laughed at, and not with.

I guess my response means that I would agree with some of the others on this thread. So what's wrong with that? If you want to try to prove I'm stupid or something go for it, but it really means nothing to me personally. Geez, lighten up and live a little. I'm trying to relax here.

"Peace out"
YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

@cicerone imposter,
lol
0 Replies

YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:32 am
@Caroline,
$ honestly doesnt hurt though--I think his post was funny and pretty tongue-in- cheek.
Caroline

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:34 am
@YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY,
Ok I took it the wrong way but it could be construed as offensive to women which was my immediate reaction, I failed to see the satire, sorry I'm tired.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:43 am
@YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY,
What are you, who claim to be a homosexual male, doing on a thread that asks women what they look for in men? Are you a sock puppet?

I have my reasons for responding here and that they do not concern you.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:44 am
Self-control is one of the dying virtues. It is something I look for in a man.

Ladies, what specific traits do you seek?
YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 12:48 pm
@plainoldme,
Well, since you claim to be a female, I cannot "prove" my homosexuality to you, nor would I want to do so. And if I was straight, I seriously would be turned off by you for the same reasons I give as being attracted to men--intelligence. See, I'm more than just a gay men (though why shouldn't I be honest and say it?) There you go again with casting everyone into a category--are not gay men allowed to have an opinion on a variety of topics? Geez...It's still a free country??? Or am I not allowed to discuss things, regardless of my personal life?
It's the argument of "You don't have kids, so you couldn't possibly know..."
YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 12:50 pm
@Caroline,
its all good Smile
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 01:49 pm
@YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY,
Quote:
And if I was straight

The correct form is: If I were straight
YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 06:24 pm
@plainoldme,
"if you weren't a rude ass..." touche
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 06:30 pm
@YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY,
This may be new to you, but most here consider capital letters posting as yelling. Not only is this true here, but other places on the internet.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 12:06 am
When asked to rate men by looks, women invariably rate men who look rich higher than those who look poor. I'll let you decide what that means.
lufoooo2

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 03:15 am
@james203,
Im 18 and a guy can be as attractive as he likes, but if he's a dick, then its going nowhere. I honestly find humour and confidence much more sexy than looks (:
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 03:39 am
@plainoldme,
Quote:
Self-control is one of the dying virtues. It is something I look for in a man.

If you were going to marry him -yeah. That'd be a good one. But I'm finding, the older I get and the less I'm looking for a person to be 'partner' or 'husband' or anyone I'd have to rely on in any way - I find men who exhibit a little less self-control more interesting.

I think it has to do with having had a father who fulfilled all of that for me, and while it was lovely to have a father one could rely so completely on - I never saw that trait as being very 'fun' or 'sexy'.

And being someone who was raised to always maintain and practice self-control, I find now I am drawn to people who allow me to exhibit a little bit more freedom and who won't judge me for it - and those are the people who allow themselves that same sort of freedom, and I've found they just more naturally extend that right to others.
A big, big, big turn off is judgmental bullshit.

Quote:
Ladies, what specific traits do you seek?

1) kindness - there is nothing less sexy than cruelty and it's particularly grating when they KNOW they are being cruel and make excuses for why they HAVE to be cruel or try to justify their cruelty in some way.
2) maturity- if I see a grown man use the phrase LOL - that's an automatic turn off
3)Courage of convictions. If someone is sneakily or passively-aggressively cruel or underhanded - oh god - that just makes me want to puke.
I'd rather they come right out and say what they think. I can at least begin to respect their forthrightness.
4) A naughty sense of humor
5) Enough passion for a subject that they can teach me something about it.
(I've always had crushes on my teachers and professors).
6)Loyalty - I can't stand fair weather friends.

Of course these are all traits that I'd apply to women friends too- I look at the person first.

In terms of masculine traits that turn me on - strong hands, a good voice, masculine features and affect and enough hair on his arms, chest and legs to make them look different from mine. I'm not into smooth men.

And I'd probably hang out with poor people over rich people. I'm more used to them - from my job. We always find stuff to talk about. I don't know what I'd talk about with rich people I wasn't related to.

fobvius

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:54 am
@james203,
Quote:
What do women look for in men Personality or Looks?

You look for them James.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 11:27 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, Just the opposite. My wife had three doctors and an engineer pursuing her when I met her, and I didn't even have a college degree. Her parents were not happy with her choice. * Nor my mother, because my wife is a Buddhist, and my mother and all my siblings are christians - married to christians.

Fast forward to today: I had a 30-year working career, working most of my years in management positions. We raised two good, healthy, boys. We are now both retired, and my hobby is now world travel, and we are financially secure.

My wife's parents lived with us during their final years.

I believe we've done pretty good.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 09:02 pm
@Ionus,
Oh, bullshit.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 09:03 pm
@aidan,
I suffered through two long relationships where the men lacked any self-control.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 09:07 pm
@aidan,
i agree with you on hair. The one physical constant for me is that a man has to have hair. A smooth chest looks too immature. The hair was one of the things that made Sean Connery hot.

I want sophistication. Humor. A spirit of adventure. Intelligence. Listening skills. Kindness. Maturity.