What do women look for in men Personality or Looks?

Ionus

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 02:40 am
@farmerman,
This... from someone who's mind revolves around himself arseholes and ****.
Maybe women would be interested in you if you didnt hang around sheep so much (know what I mean ?) and stayed sober enough to type in a post.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 05:54 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Quote:
We should not impose such things on each other.

No, I am not imposing anything. There have to be things about some women that turn you off. Some are physical features they were born with while others are things the women assumed/put on/ affected during the course of their lifetimes, like a style of dress or a hair color or a way of pronouncing certain words. If those things are significant, you would not date that woman. THat is not imposing anything on the woman.

Sure, there are plenty of things that turn me off. I just won't mistake my taste in a person to be the objective measure of what is good taste.

plainoldme wrote:

However, if 95% of the woman's total package appeals to you, you might discuss that final 5% with her. Let's say if she has been dying her hair green and you dislike the color but adore her and put it to her about the color, if she adores you, she might stop using green hair dye. in that situation, I would say the two of you worked it out.

So let me get this straight, she's 95% awesome, and the way she will show she adores me is by changing the last 5%? If she had the hair when I met her, why not just accept the hair?

This is what I mean about grooming as being a form of expectation. If green hair is a part of her personal expression, the 5% of satisfaction I would get out of it changing is not worth it. I'd rather her grooming be a personal expression, not a means of communicating adoration.

If someone turns me off, I'm not going to reinvent them and impose my will upon them until they do. I'll take it or leave it.

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 05:59 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

But, don't you get it? There are women . . . I know because I have talked to them . . . who hate beards and so would never date a bearded man. Generally, having a beard per se is not a sign of bad grooming. Some men are meticulous about their beards. Only a badly groomed beard is badly groomed.

And there are women (like yourself) who hate Hawaiian shirts and baggy pants and would never date an aloha-clad-baggy-pant-man. None of these things make a person poorly groomed, they are just out of your taste. That's fine. I'm not particularly fond of that look either, but I'm not going to insult these people by assuming that they don't take pride in their appearance or worse impose my taste on them.

If they feel good in the Hawaiian shirt and baggy pants, good for them. Similarly, if a woman feels good in her own grooming, I'm nobody to say otherwise.

A
R
T
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 08:53 am
@aidan,
Quote:
OK; we will be guided in our preferences
by your comedy series.
aidan wrote:
Not me David. We don't know that the officer enjoyed his time with the slapper.
All we know is that he carried her coat.
No, Rebecca, I was poking fun at the concept of being controlled by the humor of a comedy series.
I was indirectly making fun of Spendius.

David
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 10:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
No, Rebecca, I was poking fun at the concept of being controlled by the humor of a comedy series.
I was indirectly making fun of Spendius.

Not really. You were poking fun at the writer of the sketch and the general idea he had in his mind. As your position demands you must do. It was a sort of allegory.

Richard Ingrams, a relative of The Queen and long time editor of Private Eye, divorced a lady with substantial intellectual depth and married a waitress whose legs he had admired in Lyon's Tea Rooms.

Obviously, with such an idea in mind the director would see to it that the actors played their respective roles with great emphasis. Which they did. Rebecca simply does not know how such a sketch is made. The idea demands that the Senior Officer is depicted smirking over the moon. What would be the point of him simply bringing her coat in without further over-acting. His looking like he was totally besotted with the exotic creature on his arm goes without saying in such a fragment from a show. I would guess it was Python.
0 Replies