A very angry little boy.

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 12:41 pm
@Phantom Menace,
All right sweetheart, you head back to bed now, all that typing must have tired you out.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 01:04 pm
@Phantom Menace,
Do me and yourself a favor and read through the topics here before you further embarrass yourself:

http://able2know.org/user/abbiemckenley/topics/

Start with this one:

http://able2know.org/topic/139669-1

and this one:

http://able2know.org/topic/139399-1
0 Replies

DSMK

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:33 pm
@Phantom Menace,
Eurgh.
Before I begin, I'll apologise to Abbie, this is David, I’ll explain when you’re home. I know you’re capable of fighting your own corner, I simply felt it necessary to add my opinion.
Phantom Menace-
My niece has been through a lot of crap, as has all of our family. Last thing she needs is some ignorant child screeching at her as she tries to get help and advice.
If you are not a child, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself. Not only for accusing her of something that clearly could not be further from the truth, also for disregarding all arguments and confrontations set before you by Abbie and those who’re giving kind and helpful advice and indeed, support.
I gather from what you have written that you have something against counselling however, I hope you realise that you are not my nephew and that he is more than likely to be able to settle back into normality if given professional help.
If you would like a measure of how disgusted your post made me, I had not ever intended to post here and in doing so, I shall have a very angry niece to explain myself to.
Abbigail is a child with an adult’s job; do not criticize her for asking for help with that.
I have a lot of respect for those posters whom did give advice in a kind and helpful manner. A few of you in particular have gone above and beyond what many would do for a stranger; I am gladdened to see so many kind soles.
Yours,
David McKenley.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:40 pm
@DSMK,
sometimes an uncle's gotta do what he's gotta do.

glad she has you in her corner, David...
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:41 pm
@DSMK,
Welcome to A2K, David. A2K is largely a self-policed community, so the best protection against internet trolls is to vote their every post down. Your niece is a remarkable young lady and you seem like a terrific uncle. Again, welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

DSMK

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:00 pm
@Rockhead,
Looking at her other posts (I'm already in trouble, so i thought I'd admit to that too Smile )

It looks like there's more that just I sat in her corner.
Thank you, this seems like a very kind and respectable site, I was just a little concerned on what she's been doing on it, as an uncle is so I stuck my nose in.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:06 pm
@DSMK,
she'll get past it...

she fits in quite nicely here, and she speaks highly of you as well.

good luck, and take care.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:36 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I’ll explain when you’re home

I should expect so!

Quote:
I shall have a very angry niece to explain myself to.

Yes - You will! Twisted Evil

Quote:
glad she has you in her corner, David...

Whats all this about corners?  http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:R5T_dt9PO-JdTM:http://www.graphpaper.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/corner.jpg

Quote:
you seem like a terrific uncle

Don't encourage him. Laughing

Quote:
she'll get past it...

Oi! Smile
Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:38 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
corner is a boxing expression. (a favorable one)

I've kinda been in his shoes, they are a tough fit...

take it easy on him, please.

hugs.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:42 pm
@Rockhead,
I don't really mind Smile
I'd rather he found it than my Mum, i haven't exactly spoken favourably about her Laughing

Note to self: Computer histories are continually accessed by crazy over protective uncles.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
computer histories are a good thing.

so are over-protective uncles...
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:49 pm
@Rockhead,
Note to self: Rockhead is also an uncle. He doesn't like uncles to be put down.

Okay, finished now. Hehe.
Laughing Sorry. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 04:54 pm
Speaking for myself and probably many others, I think a2k is sparked by your being here, Abbie, with all your clarity, sanity, and wit, even in a time of stress for you and your family.

I welcome David too, 'fer sure' .. but that's between you two. We do have some related folks on a2k, two who are siblings - oh wait, I remembered another two, two sets (at the least: I'm not even wracking my brain) who are married, one father and daughter, all long timers on the board. How they work that out re being freely themselves talking here probably varies, but they are examples of how it can work. Anyway, glad you posted, David. From a 'watch out' standpoint, I'm especially glad.

To both of you - I'm not sure you know, but a lot of us have written something of ourselves under our "profile". You can check that by clicking on the poster's name when it shows up on a thread... or, just putting the name into the google custom search at the far right of the navy blue band at the top of the page. Somewhere in the list that shows up will be something saying the poster's name, and then you can chase the profile down by clicking on the name.
The flaw in all this is that a lot of people don't put in their profiles. And, of course, some could be totally false, although I haven't run across that from what I understand of people here.
Izzie

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
^^^^^^^^^Ditto what Osso said^^^^^^^^^

Hey Abbie - blooming freezing tonight a????? A little snow this morning too - t'was luverly. Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to A2K Abbie's Uncle D! You have an exceptional niece there, she's a pleasure to see around on the forum!

Glad you had a few words at the school and, actually, it's kinda nice to see someone's keeping a watch out for Abbie. Must be a tough time for y'all. Do take care.

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:13 pm
@Izzie,
Ossobuco, I'll tell you now, it's unlikely i'll be able to keep him away,
even if i wanted to. A social situation online or off will certainly keep him interested Laughing

Soo cold, i was just walking up the road from a friends a few minutes ago and it's like a sheet of ice. Shocked
Woke up this morning to exclamations of "THERES SNOW" from Indi (or May, not sure)
Not quite enough to get excited about in my book but... Up to him. Razz
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:27 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
I meant to add, while only a few of us are related, many of us have gotten to be friends online, once in a while in person, and sometimes that happens with people who are in basic disagreement on, say, politics, religion, etc. Most of the time, there is a 'let the person speak for themselves' ethic, even with people not being friends and probably de rigeur (sp?) when they are. That is pretty much the mode, but in a case like that with the attack poster on this thread, people break that mode.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add one more thing and then be quiet, to Abbie - I didn't mean you always have to post clearly, sanely, etc. That's too much of a burden as an expectation, emotionally and otherwise. It's just that we've noticed you've a tendency toward that.
0 Replies

DSMK

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:35 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm welcome? Don't make me blush Embarrassed
Miss Abbie - It's late. Get to bed young lady! (I joke! Have Fun)
Just had a little browse of profiles and was rather amazed by the varity of countries people come from, yet you all seem to know each other so well, couldn't get my head around it, fortunatly, i returned here and I guess you must've read my mind, cause you'd already answered!

JPB

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 05:43 pm
@DSMK,
Hiya, Uncle D! Welcome to A2K ~~~ it's our standard greeting of welcome to a newbie. I'm glad you stopped by and introduced yourself. A number of us have taken quite a liking to Abbie. You may have noticed that a number of folks jumped to her aid when the troll started in on her. I was quite impressed though with her own handling of the situation. She seemed to stand up for herself quiet well.
DSMK

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:03 pm
@JPB,
As much as the word suits, I give in.
What is a troll?