I just found the best thing ever!

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:22 pm
I'm going to type this up for you, because the rest of my family are asleep and i wanted to share this with someone.

For anyone who doesn't know, my sister passed away a few days ago.
I was hoping i'd find a letter from her and i did Very Happy

I was flicking through my sisters bible, i'm not even sure why, i just felt like it and a letter fell out. We've found 2 already, this will be the third, the other two were to my mum and my younger sister.

Quote:
To Abbie
I know you so much better than you think I do.
I know you won’t even look in here until you’re really sad.
So this is my letter to you.
I wanted to tell you how much I love you. You spent so long with me in hospital that I didn’t feel right when you weren’t with me.
That necklace you gave me when I was 7. I bet you thought I had lost it. I didn’t, it’s in that bed knob that you can un-screw.
Sorry for blaiming that broken plate on you last year, it was me but i think you knew that haha.
I know this is the last thing I’m ever going to be able to say to you, how weird is that?
Now I’m in heaven I know I’m going to be better, if I am in heaven and didn’t end up in some crazy afterlife. I was fed up. Fed up of horrible chemo, it made my throat blister and my mouth burn. I hated having surgeries, when I woke up I always felt so horrid and shaky for days. Radiotherapy made me so tired I couldn’t think.
I wanted to grow up and get married, have children and a job. I wanted to go surfing and bungee jump. I wanted to start high school. I don’t know why I got sick but in a way I’m glad I did. I made me realise what was important in life. It’s not doing what you want to do, it’s helping other people. It’s noticing the little things. It’s making people smile. And it’s just having fun.
Really, I don’t care how bad the surgery made me feel, because you were always there to make me smile. Radiation wasn’t too bad because it meant that we could chat and you’d do puppet shows for me, chemotherapy, well, if it was giving me a chance to live, I’m okay with the side effects.
You best find a way to not feel so sad or i'll start making howling noises at night!
Thank you so much for the love and hugs you all gave me, I have no way of saying how much it meant to me.
Can’t wait to see you again!
Plus now, I can haunt you hahahahahaha.

Had to share that, it show's compleatly what sort of person she was.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 2,155 • Replies: 15

Izzie

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:27 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
ah Abbie...

she loved you so much, knew you so well

Quote:
because you were always there to make me smile

how lovely to find a letter for you...

hold that in your heart sweet girl... you made a difference to her living and helped her thru her dying with dignity and surrounded by love - you are an incredible young lady - be proud of you.

x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:32 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
very cool.

you will go far in life, and carry her spirit with you, I think.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:33 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
What timing, Abbie. I'm so glad you found that. Just when you needed it. I have a gigantic lump in my throat now.
Very best wishes to you. You're pretty incredible, you know.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:48 pm
Wow... I'm bawling my eyes out. That was just beautiful. Your parents were so lucky, two wonderful daughters. She sounds like a very special person, I'm sure she's watching you right now. I wish you all the best. With your own personal saint/angel, you're going to go far kiddo.
Thanks for sharing that very special note. I'm honoured to have read it.
I hope her life will inspire you on to great things...
Ceili
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:04 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
What a sister! And I mean both of you.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:08 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Too sweet!
0 Replies

Lassiegirl

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 08:08 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Abbie,
This is my first time on here, and I am honored to have just read something so beautiful. I think it was wonderful of your sister to do something so special for you.
My prayers are with you.
Marilyn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 08:36 pm
That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 09:12 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
What a wonderful gift she left you! You'll treasure it always, just as you treasured her when she was with you.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Abbie.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:52 am
@AbbieMcKenley,
Very touching! Thanks for posting that.

Never forget.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:13 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
What is this salty discharge coming from my eyes?!
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 01:54 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/AbbieMcKenley/p1.jpg
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/AbbieMcKenley/p2.jpg
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/AbbieMcKenley/p3.jpg

Thats the actual letter, if anyone wanted to see. (:
sullyfish6

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:04 pm
I had a bed when I was little that also had a little post that could unscrew and i always put very special things inside. It was only enough room to put small things, like pieces of paper. What a nice memory this brought up.

Thank you for sharing a very private and loving letter. I hope you will take it to an art gallery and have it framed in acid free paper backing.

You will grow to treasure this letter even more in the future.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:25 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
I'm moved beyond words.

Take very good care of that letter.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 02:37 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Take very good care of that letter.

Sure will Smile