A very angry little boy.

JPB

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:32 am
I think it was dadpad who indicated that he makes every attempt to not allow himself to think of any of us as "real". It may work for some but not so well for others. People are different. I tend to be more like dj -- helping where I can help, walking away when it stops being helpful. I can't say that I've never become emotionally attached to a thread but it's on me to handle it if that happens, not on the person who pulled me in.

I get that there are all sorts of perspectives that folks bring to the table - both in terms of experience and personality. I get that some are skeptics by nature, jaded by past experiences, or simply don't give a **** if their posts are hurtful or mean. It's all part of a cyber community and if one is going to bring their personal concerns to the internet they have to expect all sorts of responses from all sorts of characters.

Abbie -- you're doing fine. Stay strong. Stay true to who you are.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:33 am
@JPB,
rinse and repeat...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:34 am
@tsarstepan,
that part is true, my actual name is dj j d62, a progeny of the rodney/west lorne d62's
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:59 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
be as defensive as you feel necessary, as for real or not, i tend to go real until something proves otherwise, and afterwards i usually don't care if i've been taken, i'm not out anything, i have an unlimited well of compassion, if it was time or money i might think differently, but if it's just my feelings, eh, who cares
SO STIPULATED. If perpetrating a hoax, a joke,
is what someone does, it does not really harm anything.
Your point is well taken. I 've always liked your palindrome, djjd

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:02 pm
@jespah,
Jespah, how was the falsity of the hoax revealed or discovered ?
Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:14 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Hey Abbie

stay cool chiquita... you don't need to apologise for anything.

I've been here a couple years now and have seen a couple people play on the heart strings - got involved once and it hurt so... just avoid folk when necessary.

However, in saying that, I'm with (((Didge))), and also hear (((Osso))) and (((Jes))) etc

some of the things I write down must be hard for people to believe or whatever, almost unbelievable to some, but, just you stay true to you (cliche as it is) and don't fear being judged

I go with my feelings here and actually, would prefer to do that than avoid, unless I found out different, then I just leave it be.

Hoping you're doing OK today - t'was a beautiful day out there today a? I'm watching the England Wales rugger match at the moment - exciting stuff - LOVE IT!

Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:16 pm
@jespah,
Great explanation Jes for those who weren't aware of what it meant - yo de best!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

I saw someone tagged this "alter" a few days ago - each to their own I guess.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:19 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i would like to come clean

i am not an apple with a face carved in it, appearing to hold a knife in my mouth

i feel bad that i have conveyed this impression to people

shocked to the core, Dj, I shall not sleep again!!!!!!!!!!! You were the apple of my eye!!! Wink
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:36 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
i like music and my initials are jd, so it seemed natural, unfortunately the first time i went to use it for an email account djjd was taken, the email suggested a number, but i picked my own (year of birth), so i've kept like that for the most part (have used djjd on some sites and djjd1962 on others)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:42 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
I'm watching the England Wales rugger match at the moment - exciting stuff - LOVE IT!
Assuming that is a competitive athletic event: Y not cheer for BOTH teams,
wishing them both equally well? That way no what matter happens,
u will be on the winning side.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
not a sports fan, huh dave...
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's cheating Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
ah David, I do cheer for England... I was brought up in a rugby family and love the game - it was a huge part of my life, especially supporting England.

so I will cheer for my country - but... I don't mind who wins, the match has been excellent

so, for me, sport is only competitive as long as the match lasts - then, everyone's a winner really as long as the match has been played with good sportsmanship Very Happy

edit: final score 30-17 - FABULOUS MATCH... JUST FABULOUS!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:50 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i like music and my initials are jd, so it seemed natural, unfortunately the first time i went to use it for an email account djjd was taken, the email suggested a number, but i picked my own (year of birth), so i've kept like that for the most part (have used djjd on some sites and djjd1962 on others)
The same thing happened to me when I got my email account.
I tried my real name, but I got the same result as u.
I did not believe it, but u cant argue with a robot or computer.
I kept trying variations, all getting rejections, as allegedly taken,
so I thawt OmSigDAVID was unusual enuf to stave off further rejection; that worked.
I had already begun the Opulent Mensan Special Interest Group.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:28 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
ah David, I do cheer for England... I was brought up in a rugby family and love the game - it was a huge part of my life, especially supporting England.

so I will cheer for my country - but... I don't mind who wins, the match has been excellent

so, for me, sport is only competitive as long as the match lasts - then, everyone's a winner really as long as the match has been played with good sportsmanship Very Happy

edit: final score 30-17 - FABULOUS MATCH... JUST FABULOUS!
OK, I hope your guys got the 30.
I have no idea who got the 17.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
not a sports fan, huh dave...
It seems POINTLESS. It 'd do u as much good to recite the alfabet backward.

The only way that u can come out is to break even,
unless u bet on the result. If u wanna bet, its easier and faster to flip a coin or cut cards.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:35 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
in north america we would say pulling your leg, pulling one over on someone, that kind of thing

you need to watch more BBC America dave
It seems strange that anyone woud relate that to urine.
0 Replies

Phantom Menace

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:51 pm
@ossobuco,
-----------------------------------------------
Sounds like a play or a book.

I don't think that this is what is happening, but the congruence made me wonder, even though I have much more emotionally resonant commentary from your posts otherwise.

You are not stupid, Abbie, and I assume I am confused by the two posters.
I assume that momentary scenario is wrong, from all I know before.
But why are you teasing a troglodyte?
........................----------------------------------

any of your business where i reside?? why call me a TROGLODYTE when you're every bit as ignorant as auntie abbie who doesn't know what the word MEANS?? stay out of what you don't understand, your instincts are GOOD
djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 04:29 pm
@Phantom Menace,
one can only imagine what kind of pathetic creature you must be to have named yourself after that abortion of a movie
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 05:48 pm
@Phantom Menace,
"any of your business where i reside?? why call me a TROGLODYTE when you're every bit as ignorant as auntie abbie who doesn't know what the word MEANS?? stay out of what you don't understand, your instincts are GOOD"

ignorance is relative, junior.

I feel a lesson coming on...
0 Replies