How do I overcome the loss of my Mom when I was already in a depression?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 10:48 pm
@socal2010,
I speak as one whose favorite aunt died just before her 101st birthday.

I can see your point re terminal comfort for your stepdad. I'd probably go there too. But not endlessly. You seem ready to devote your life in the prayer of self abdegnation, because your mother said..

On the saint with a cross thing, I guess you would not see that you are taking up your mother's cross, or ever see anything your mother decided was questionable. Her rightness is what you are about, no matter that you ever argued, and you are at least in part depressed because of all that.

Who, then are you?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:09 pm
@socal2010,
A few of your posts did suggest that you had physical symptoms, heart type stuff.
I'm aware of grief.

You are the one who mentioned having depression before all this. Grief and depression and hole in the heart and (palpitations, physical pain, reread your own posts) - these are all separate things to talk about, but if you are having physical symptoms, depression can be a underlying presence for not reporting them to a physician. Now you are saying I'm all wrong, nothing physical.

I know you don't get sun or clouds or popsicles or pizza or a life past this morasss, that has been very clear. Did you think I didn't?
You don't owe your mother a total shut down.

I do get loss, and how nothing at all else seems important in any way. I have been there more than once.

I bother to post at all because I see you determined to live out some pre determined role and squirming with it.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:12 pm
@socal2010,
socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
David, have you ever seen a therapist?

I understand your question, and in the sense that u mean it,
the answer is: no. I have never gone to a therapist
and complained of hallucinating seeing my body from
a 30 foot distance. (I have known of people who HAVE
sought out psychiatric treatment for that.)
At the age of 12, I was referred to a therapist because of my
lack of interest in sports and other interests of kids that age.
That was pleasant, but nothing much came of it.
That was many years b4 my first out-of-body experience.

The same as lawyers & judges disagree among themselves,
other doctors do also; i.e., what thay say depends
on which doctors u ask. Many doctors take pride in
being strictly materialistic. Shortly b4 the Wright Brothers
first flew at Kitty Hawk, respected scientists insisted
that heavier-than-air machines cannot possibly fly;
such nonsense as flying was idle superstition
(paying no attention to the birds and the bees and the mosquitos).
Quote:

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm saying I don't believe you or
in any way insulting you, I'm just curious what a doctor would say
about your experiences.

I HAVE met medical doctors at conventions of the
International Association of Near Death Studies
www.IANDS.org some of whom have returned from death,
along with many people who have made that round trip.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
What do your spouse or other family members say or feel about it?
I've heard of near death experiences but it sounds like you weren't near death.

I am not married. My family got together for a funeral in 1988.
We discussed it then.
It was a lot like this discussion on this thread now.
I told them of Life After Life, by Raymond Moody, M.D.
The widow definitely knew it for a fact,
long b4 I got there, because she had psychic experiences all of her life,
including foreknowledge of "deaths" in her numerous family,
among many other things (accurate precognitions).
I put "deaths" in quotation marks, because I do not believe
that the cessation of life is authentic.

I believe that the Law of the Conservation of Energy applies
to conscious life
; i.e., energy can be gathered, focused,
condensed into matter, or dispersed, but it cannot be destroyed.
This is a basic and elementary principle of physics, universally accepted.
Energy can only be moved around; not destroyed,
like toothpaste inside a toothpaste tube.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
Are you sure they weren't something else?

Yes

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I imagine when a person dies it's a peaceful feeling.

The people who have gone thru it have ofen said that
dying can be unpleasant, depending upon the circumstances,
but "death" is pleasant, enjoyable.

In 2005, I had abdominal surgery. I have been told that
I "bottomed out" on the table; i.e., I had no blood presure,
no EKG, no EEG. I only remember waking up after it was over.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I don't think my Mom was in pain.
I was holding her hand at that exact moment so I know she wasn't in pain.
But just because the actual moment of death is peaceful doesn't
mean it keeps going and that they are somehow existing in the clouds.

Yes, but we do have the testimony of those who remember
their adventures during the non-functioning of their human bodies.
Some of that has been verified; e.g., nasty-mouthed relatives
in waiting rooms during surgery, having been observed to
bad mouth the decedent who saw them and overheard them and disinherited them.
The other family members to whom the uncomplimentary remarks were addressed
were corroborating witnesses thereto. Life is full of surprizes.
Maybe "death" is full of surprizes.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I appreciate what you're trying to tell me and
I do know my Mom wants me to be happy.

Sure.
Think of it the other way around:
if she had lived longer than u did,
woud u have wanted HER to have a happy life ?
Shoud u comply with her wishes ?

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I know that if I'm in this type of pain for an extended period of time
that would be awful because she would not have wanted that.

Yeah.
That answers my last question.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I think my spirit will come back and try to have some type of happy life. But right now, I feel even more sure that there's nothing after death because I know for a fact my Mom would have showed me in some way that she was still here. I know she's in my heart as a memory and in every cell in my body since she gave birth to me. But I'm saying I don't feel SHE is here anymore. That's what I'm grieving over. She should be here. The way everything happened was so unfair. I understand life is unfair but it was already unfair enough to my Mom without this happening. She deserved so much more. She's gone forever and there's nothing that can change that. If I could go back in time maybe 15 years ago and live just one of those days over, even if that meant taking years off my life, I would do it.

Yeah. I see your point, about the unfairness.
Eventually, u can discuss that with her.

The best that I can offer by way of consolation
is the lyric of a Christmas carol:
"Some day soon we all will be together, if the Fates allow;
until then,
we 'll have to muddle thru somehow,
so have yourself a Merry little Christmas now."

David
socal2010

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Rockhead - I understand what you mean and I agree. I just moved here 3 weeks ago so I'm still trying to find my way. I have to create a life here apart from what I'm doing at home. I need to meet people, get involved and so on. It's a little more challenging since it's a remote area. But I'll try.

Ossobuco - I truly do appreciate your input and I will re-read it again because I think I can learn from people's feedback. But I think you might be projecting some of your issues onto mine. I never meant to convey that I don't think my Mom made mistakes. We had a completely honest relationship. She did things I personally would never do and I'm sure vice versa too. We were different and in some ways opposites, but she was still the most supportive Mom in the world.

I've spent every Father's Day with my stepdad for 20 years, even when my own Dad was alive because my own Dad moved on to another family. I think he's truly a kind person. I don't want him to spend his last days with strangers or in a home. My Mom didn't make me promise anything. One day she wondered allowed what would happen to him and I volunteered that I would take care of him. She didn't want him to be in a home and I can see why. I would have been here for either of them. That's what family does (in my mind). If it gets to the point that he can't do basic things, I will get a nurse to come here and help out. But for now, I want to keep everything as similar for him as possible so he can deal my Mom not being here.

I understand I need to make my own life move ahead while I'm here as well. I haven't figured out how to do that yet but I know it will be important in my overall level of happiness. I don't see what the alternatives are. I mentioned my family isn't really available to help. I'm going to take it one day at a time. Maybe as time goes by if he's healthy enough in a year, I will consider moving and having him come with me. I don't know. Right now, I'm just trying to accept that she's gone.
socal2010

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:34 pm
@ossobuco,
"Now you are saying I'm all wrong, nothing physical. "

No, I am having physical stuff going on. What I was saying was I have been in contact with other people who recently lost loved ones and they understand what I'm talking about with the hole in my heart and the palpitations. They are saying they have it too and that it's anxiety.

I saw a doctor before my Mom died. I got blood work done and so on. I was low in iron so had to take pills. I think I probably posted this so maybe I'm repeating myself. I don't know if I was clinically depressed before her death but I wasn't in a good part of my life.

I can tell you're frustrated with me but I don't really know what to say. I do appreciate your input though.
0 Replies

socal2010

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I should really learn how to quote.

"I believe that the Law of the Conservation of Energy applies
to conscious life; i.e., energy can be gathered, focused,
like toothpaste inside a toothpaste tube."

That's the part I don't understand. She had such a BIG presence in life, why is she so silent now. If her energy is here, why can't I see it.

"Yes, but we do have the testimony of those who remember
bad mouth the decedent who saw them and overheard them and disinherited them. The other family members to whom the uncomplimentary remarks were addressed were corroborating witnesses thereto. "

That's actually pretty funny that someone could confront a relative about something they said in a NDE.

As far as me wanting my Mom to be happy if something had happened to me, the only positive thing about her passing is that she didn't have to live through losing me. That was her worst nightmare like it is for all parents.

She wants me to be happy. I know this. I just wish she'd communicate with me. I'm also wondering if she's mad about what happened or if she feels cheated. If someone passes and their personality stays in check, then I think it's safe to say she's mad right now.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:03 am
@socal2010,
That's all good to hear, socal. I do have my own issues and see how they can get in the way. I have been thinking that of you. Well, at least we can talk.

This was the first instance I saw of any actual connection between you and stepdad.

Whether you will not be moving him to a good or terrible home should he qualify and the family afford it, I'll just be quiet. My mother had horrendous alzheimers and I was slow to act, very slow, which wasn't good for her, never mind me - this was before most of us knew the word Alzheimer's, certainly not me, nor the md's I worked with, at least that they told me. Some years later, one of my cousin's moved their dad (my mother's younger brother) zip zip, and I took it as cold and impatient.

If an elderly person, mm, like me, is still aware of surroundings, I can see and be for care in those surroundings.
Whether you personally have to do it all, I don't buy it.

Perhaps your sense of things is right, and your stepdad will die fairly soon - that is often the way.
socal2010

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:22 am
@ossobuco,
"Whether you will not be moving him to a good or terrible home should he qualify and the family afford it, I'll just be quiet. My mother had horrendous alzheimers and I was slow to act, very slow, which wasn't good for her, never mind me - this was before most of us knew the word Alzheimer's, certainly not me, nor the md's I worked with, at least that they told me. Some years later, one of my cousin's moved their dad (my mother's younger brother) zip zip, and I took it as cold and impatient.

Perhaps your sense of things is right, and your stepdad will die fairly soon - that is often the way."

Before my Mom died I always thought he would live to be 100 because despite all the things he's dealing with, he tolerates the medication very well. But with my Mom passing away, I think he's lost and there's nothing I can do about that part of it. I don't think he's in immediate danger of passing away, but then again I didn't think my Mom was either.

I do understand what you're saying about caring for someone. There's a story someone wrote that reminded me of what you're saying:

http://www.recover-from-grief.com/about-making-a-promise-to-let-me-die-at-home.html

The idea that facilities are "all bad" isn't correct. My Mom had a lifelong negative view of them because of things she heard years ago. I'm just taking one day at a time and seeing what happens. I will do the best I can to make this positive. I will be stronger at some point so that will help. Right now I don't have anyone helping me. Maybe at some point I will meet friends up here who care. Sometimes friends are more supportive than family. My family stopped calling yet my best friend hasn't.
Izzie

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:50 am
@socal2010,
Hey Socal - good to see you talking and getting your thoughts out

I need to take something you said a little out of context - I haven't read all the other posts in depth because I sometimes change my way of thinking so have been focusing on yours.

First up... to quote. Look at the top above this box and see the Green Open BBCode Editor. Click on that. Fourth tab on that. I usually copy and paste the quote I wish to take, highlight, then click on the quote tab

Quote:
If her energy is here, why can't I see it.

Or at the top when you got to reply - just click on quote and not reply and you quote just sections - just leave the quote brackets in..

Quote:
add in your txt

click on quote to reply to me and you'll see the words in square brackets

so....... out of context really, late here so just briefly. I personally believe that
Quote:

her energy is within in... listen those voices within... what she taught you, how she raised you, how she wished for you to be happy, how she would not wish you to be sad. These "signs" that you are looking for don't always come.

My friend Tulip... after 20 months is still waiting to hear from her husband. She's had dreams.... possibly visitings- these are personal to her... what she wished was to find a long lost letter saying goodbye... something tangible she could hold on. She suffered terribly. One minute he was there. She left for a while. He was in trouble. I arrived. He died. GONE. DEAD. no long goodbyes, not even a sign, he wasn't poorly, it was unfair, horrible, unjust........ it was the way it was.

Signs don't always come. Somethime she gets angry because even now - what right did he have to leave her to cope with 3 kids, 3 die, to leave her sort out everything............ it wasn't how it was supposed to be. She's a long way from forward, but she is taking steps. Grief takes hold often Heartbreaking to watch.

As for friends, acquaintances - they somethimes can't cope and their everyday life goes on. It just it. It's hard to choose a way to find someone to listen and to hear perspectives you wish not to......... but talking here is I believe, better than not talking and bottling it all up.

My opinion - your moms energy is around - a couple says ago you wanted to get a suncatcher - huge positive energy would could bring brightness and energy into your home. It turning the negatives into positives - easy to say... hard to do.

I too understand loss... not in the same way as you do - but I imangine the pai, . grief , anger, unfairness, crap feeling.... despite the differences in the way someone is lost.... you do get by - little bit of help from some cyber friends can do wonders

I still believe you are doing well under the circumstances - look how your mom taught you - she was artisitic - think imagination of what lies ahead in your world. It can be easier to martyr yourself.............. well, if we were all saints...........no worries. Self martyr does not work. Believe me. Unless you find peace and happiness for just being the person you are - then martyrdon has no place. I learned that when I came to A2k with some of the wise sages'ettes we have here.

Weigh the comments - keep talking.

There are people who care here - have sound advice, some a little off the wall for me in experiences I have not had- they make up our cyber world. Good support system here. Do whayt you need to re pop.....no-one can understand your feelings but can tell of of their experiences.

I too think you Mom is around.......... she's making you strong.... don't lool for signs - if they come, they will come when that time is read0

take care

scuse spelling mistakes............ late here)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:52 am
@BorisKitten,
David wrote:
Quote:
... It saddens me that your unhappiness is (in significant part) unnecessary,
because of an error in perception of fact...

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
I must humbly disagree that Socal has an error in perception, here.
I think her perception is functioning exceptionally well in a very difficult situation.

If I am incorrect as to the operative facts,
and if the other members of the International Society for Near Death Studies are mistaken
as to their memories of their experiences, then u are right.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
If two-thirds of humans who "die" and are "resurrected" have no
perceptions at all (like my brother), how could Socal be mistaken
in her perception that her mother is actually, and forever, in Socal's lifetime, GONE?

The answer is that, for reasons that we do not know,
sometimes people remember their "deaths"
(meaning flatlines on EKG, EEG, and respiration)
and other times thay don 't. In 2005, I had major abdominal surgery,
a 6 hour operation. I was informed that I "bottomed out"
meaning no blood presure, no EKG, no EEG, as I understand it.
I only remember awakening from it, after the anesthesia wore off.
Some of the decedents who told us of their adventures
during "death" have had multiple "deaths" in hospitals,
as to which thay remember SOME of those deaths, but not others.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
She's in the majority, as am I.
We cannot contact dead people, at least not Actually.

Yeah; me too.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
I think her Mom IS gone, and it's better for her to face this,
and begin to accept it, than to think her Mom has "molted" and simply changed her form.

If I am mistaken as to the actual facts,
then u are right, but if the people who have been "dead"
and returned and told us about it are telling the actual truth
not just imagination, then in my opinion, it is better for her
to accept the fact that, as the song says: "we 'll meet again,
don 't know where, don 't know when."

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
After all, if Mom has molted (or if any of my 4 dead immediate-family members have molted), why did they never contact either of us? (Oh, this is a silly question, not worth an answer... never mind.)

We don 't have the information that is necessary to answer that.
I don t think that the question is "silly"; I think its a good question.
Houdini debunked many fraudulent and financially predatory
"spiritulaists". He told his wife that if it were possible to contact
her after he were "dead" he 'd do so on Halloween. She never heard anything.
We don 't know the reason for that.
We can only work with the evidence that we have available,
to wit: the accounts of people who have returned from "death"
in hospitals, who had flat lines on EKG, EEG and respiration for a while.

I understand that in his final years, Thomas Edison took an interest
in survival of death. As an experiment, he arranged to put the beds of patients
who were approaching their final moments upon scales of weight.
Allegedly, he found a loss of weight when thay expired.
I wish thay 'd replicate that experiment to confirm or deny it.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
I don't intend to be aggravating here, or to deny your beliefs,
which for you are absolutely true... but to insist Socal believe
exactly as you do is, well, unreasonable.

I accept u as being perfectly reasonable and fully pleasant to discuss.
I hope that I did not appear to be presumptuous.
I only meant to offer evidence and reasoning for her consideration.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
People believe what they do; I don't think I've ever known a human being who changed
his/her beliefs based on what someone else thought or said.

I have.
He is Raymond Moody, M.D., the author of LIfe After Life.
He said that he is the son of a surgeon. Tho thay were nominally
Episcopalian, the real religion in their household was science,
and that he had assumed that death was death and the end,
until when he was in college, he encountered 2 men,
a popular professor and a student, who had near death experiences
and told him about them.

He was taken aback. Those accounts were inconsistent with his earlier assumptions.

As a medical doctor, he came into contact with more of those
situations and more people told him of them. He lectured about
these accumlating incidents and found that at the end of his
lectures, people crowded around him and told him of THEIR
own experiences with death. In discussing this matter,
I have been surprized at how common these experiences have been.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:

I say, let her believe whatever she believes, and work with that.

Of course.
I am a libertarian.
We were only discussing the issue and evidence relating thereto.
I think there is room for discussion, unless someone chooses
not to participate in that discussion.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 02:34 am
@socal2010,
socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I should really learn how to quote.

Did u see Izzie 's information on this point?

David wrote:
Quote:
"I believe that the Law of the Conservation of Energy applies
to conscious life; i.e., energy can be gathered, focused,
like toothpaste inside a toothpaste tube."

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
That's the part I don't understand.
She had such a BIG presence in life, why is she so silent now.

We don 't have sufficient information
to answer that question.
However, it appears that in some cases
there has been more success as to contact.
On this point, I suggest: FOREVER OURS by Janis Amatuzio, M.D.
It is a fast and easy read, at a modest price from Amazon.com;
delivered very fast.
She is the coroner of several counties in Minnessota and in Wisconsin,
with stellar medical credentials and a lot of seniority
on-the-job as a coroner.

David wrote:
Quote:
"Yes, but we do have the testimony of those who remember
bad mouth the decedent who saw them and overheard them and disinherited them.
The other family members to whom the uncomplimentary remarks were addressed
were corroborating witnesses thereto. "

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
That's actually pretty funny that someone could confront a relative
about something they said in a NDE.

I am not sure whether I explained this with sufficient clarity.

During some surgical operations, the patient has died
on the table, freeing up his conscious mind and spirit
from his material body. In these circumstances,
the decedent observed his assembled relatives in the waiting room,
one of whom was offensive in his comments about the decedent,
of whose presence he was not aware.
The decedent saw and heard what he said, and took umbrage.

The decedent re-entered his material body and survived
his surgical operation. After recovery, he had his lawyer
change his will, accordingly. In addition to the direct observations
of the survivor of "death", the other members of his family
(to whom the jerk addressed his remarks), were witnesses
to those eventful remarks. Thay corroborated the observations
of the survivor of "death."

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
As far as me wanting my Mom to be happy if something
had happened to me, the only positive thing about her passing
is that she didn't have to live through losing me. That was her
worst nightmare like it is for all parents.

Yes.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
She wants me to be happy. I know this.

I hope that u will grant her wish.

socal2010 wrote:
Quote:
I just wish she'd communicate with me. I'm also wondering
if she's mad about what happened or if she feels cheated.
If someone passes and their personality stays in check,
then I think it's safe to say she's mad right now.

Yeah;
however, the survivors of death (who are very numerous)
have a consensus (those who do remember what happened)
that there IS a Judgment Day, wherein you are the Judge
and u judge your incarnate life by 2 criteria:
1. Love
and
2. Learning.
This is in the company of a Being of White Light
who encourages u not to be to harsh on yourself.

This indicates a change of emotional perspective.

David
BorisKitten

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Raymond Moody, M.D., the author of LIfe After Life.

You know, I think I actually read this book, though so long ago I can hardly remember it. Think I might re-read it now.

This has been, in my opinion, a great discussion for all of us.

Socal has got us thinking, and caring, and has given us the opportunity to review our own beliefs or lack thereof. We've been able to compare our beliefs on what I think is an important topic, while being able to comfort someone in need.

NO, Socal, I don't find your posts depressing in the least. In fact they've frequently cheered me up, since I think you're making great progress already.

I think other posters may not be aware of how short a time we're talking here, since your mom's death. Less than three weeks, folks!

Of course her future appears dark right now! Anyone's would, right? She was very close to her mother, and in my opinion this makes a big difference in the depth of someone's grieving.

I had stomach pains, heart palpitations, and anxiety attacks when my sister died. They lasted 2-3 months after her death. I knew what they were and did not seek medical help, nor did anyone suggest I do so. Whether you, Socal, seek medical help is up to you.

Once again sending admiration to Socal.

Anyone else think they could do better in this situation? Didn't think so. I know _I_ couldn't, and I've had a lot of practice with grieving.
BorisKitten

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I too thought the story of the "dead" person hearing and disinheriting that nasty relative in the waiting room was funny.

Showed Them, didn't they?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:50 pm
@BorisKitten,
BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
I too thought the story of the "dead" person hearing and disinheriting
that nasty relative in the waiting room was funny.

Showed Them, didn't they?

YEAH.
Maybe that 's Y thay say: "don 't speak ill of the dead."

The literature has indicated that over the years n decades,
this has happened in more than one family.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 12:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,

ERRATUM:

"This is in the company of a Being of White Light
who encourages u not to be to harsh on yourself."

This obviously shoud have been:
This is in the company of a Being of White Light
who encourages u not to be too harsh on yourself.

Sorry, folks; I was getting tired.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 01:34 pm
@BorisKitten,
Quote:
Raymond Moody, M.D., the author of LIfe After Life.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
You know, I think I actually read this book, though so long ago
I can hardly remember it. Think I might re-read it now.

Yes; Raymond has such a light, fast and easy style of writing
that his books are lightning fast reads. He recognizes that
the data are optimistic. I have given away some of his books.

BorisKitten wrote:
Quote:
This has been, in my opinion, a great discussion for all of us.

Yes; so stipulated !

Quote:
Socal has got us thinking, and caring, and has given us the opportunity
to review our own beliefs or lack thereof. We've been able
to compare our beliefs on what I think is an important topic,
while being able to comfort someone in need.

NO, Socal, I don't find your posts depressing in the least.

Agreed; not depressing, in the least.
When my own mother molted off her outer covering,
returning to greater happiness,
I was shocked by the loss of her companionship and counsel;
we had a superbly fine rappor in our relationship.

My cousin, Norma, had been taking care of my mother.
We were Norma 's guests.
Norma 's good friend, Margie, came over to offer her support.
Margie was and is a respected psychic, for the accuracy
of her predictions. Her family has been talented in ESP
and out-of-body experiences, for many generations.
She counselled me as to the situation of those who are
newly separated from their human bodies.
I took comfort in that; her support was of value to me and it was helpfull.
Since then, I have endeavored to cheer up people who have
been newly bereaved.

Sometimes it works.
BorisKitten

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Since then, I have endeavored to cheer up people who have been newly bereaved.

Sometimes it works.

You know, David, we don't agree on a lot of things, yet I'm SO glad to "know" you!

Such feelings are the best part (to me) of belonging to the A2K community.

I sincerely hope you keep up your endeavors. Your bright outlook could really make a difference for someone in pain.

Thank you for your efforts.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:45 pm
@BorisKitten,
Thank u for your kind words, BorisKitten.

We are all better off for your having chosen to join the forum.
I am very glad to "know" u too.

David
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 04:37 pm
Socal, please post so I/we know you're still OK.

Yes, I'm a Worrier... sorry!
socal2010

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 05:54 pm
@BorisKitten,
Quote:
Socal, please post so I/we know you're still OK.

Yes, I'm a Worrier... sorry!

You're so kind BorisKitten. Thanks for caring about me.

I'm fine, I'm just quiet now for some reason..(please hold your applause people Wink) I'm not sure why, I'm just....in silent mode I guess.

At least I learned to quote though. Smile