I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:28 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
LOL! Getting JJ to do anything for a camera is easy. He is such a ham. You get out a camera and he's walking right up to you and looking in it. He is too funny sometimes. I'm sure Joy will remember JJ. She and Lulu were separated for about six months while Lulu was over in the other pasture with Hank and Indy. After a few short weeks, Lulu was right back at her momma's side like before.
It sounds to me like JJ is ready for his own TV show.
Remember My Friend Flicka ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 04:31 pm

Then there was the one about SILVER,
who used to consort with that fellow with the mask and the Indian.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I used to love those shoes. But I always liked Tonto's horse, the paint. His name was Scout. Loved Little Joe's paint on Bonanza. I can see JJ in his own show. Remember Francis the talking Mule? I think he was a mule and not a donkey. I need to look that up.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:41 pm
Yep, Francis was a Mule and not a donkey. I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvj_Eunx3Ko

I think JJ is much more debonair looking so I'm thinking his own reality show?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:43 pm
HA! HA! Francis wouldn't talk to the General when asked but oh boy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUeo-dlEjL0&NR=1
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:46 pm
@Pemerson,
Nodding - not that I know personally, but that I've heard that from horse smart friends..
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:57 am
Mac is a bit ticked at me this morning. He was out there laying down so I took that opportunity to get his lead rope and grab him so I could give him some butte paste. He is the hardest horse to give medicine to. He has a slight limp again in his leg so I'm starting the butte paste again. I am going to get a roundpen here shortly so that I can pen him off from the others. His chasing after them obviously isn't helping. It's just a really slight limp so I'm hoping the butte paste will take care of it until the vet can get back out here. I'm going to have him checked out to be on the safe side.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 01:14 pm
Mac seems to be doing okay. He's not mad anymore I guess. Don't know if it's the butte paste or just a good ole lazy day for him. I went outside and he was laying down and eating. Here are a couple of pictures. Look how big JJ is getting! JJ is watching over Mac today.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2007/december232010007.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3126/december232010020.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5209/december232010013.jpg

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 03:11 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Mac is a bit ticked at me this morning. He was out there laying down so I took that opportunity to get his lead rope and grab him so I could give him some butte paste. He is the hardest horse to give medicine to. He has a slight limp again in his leg so I'm starting the butte paste again. I am going to get a roundpen here shortly so that I can pen him off from the others. His chasing after them obviously isn't helping. It's just a really slight limp so I'm hoping the butte paste will take care of it until the vet can get back out here. I'm going to have him checked out to be on the safe side.
Its to your credit that u take such good care of your horses, Arella !

Thank u for the beautiful pictures.

JJ is a fine, great big boy!!! He looks strong n hearty!

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:07 pm
Well, it seems Mac is doing a lot better than I thought! I came home from some last minute shopping and he, Lil Man, JJ, and Lulu were running all over the pasture just having a blast. I'm so glad he's feeling better. Wish I could have gotten some video but they stopped about the time I caught them. Dem animals! Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:33 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Well, it seems Mac is doing a lot better than I thought! I came home from some last minute shopping and he, Lil Man, JJ, and Lulu were running all over the pasture just having a blast. I'm so glad he's feeling better. Wish I could have gotten some video but they stopped about the time I caught them. Dem animals! Laughing
Were thay Carrolling ???

Please wish them all a MERRY CHRISTMAS for me, Arella! HO, HO, HO!!!

David
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I think they are warming up for the carrolling. And a very Merry Christmas from Johnny, me, Big Mac, Little Miss Joy, Hank, Indy, Lulu, Lil Man, Buck and my darling mule, JJ!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 03:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I think they are warming up for the carrolling. And a very Merry Christmas from Johnny, me, Big Mac,
Little Miss Joy, Hank, Indy, Lulu, Lil Man, Buck and my darling mule, JJ!
I 'm sure that JJ will be in fine voice for his first Carrolling!!!
I hope that he will get along well with the 8 ` reindeer who will be stopping by.

I bet that JJ has a BIG stocking
hung by the fireplace!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to u and yours, Arella!!!

David
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 03:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yikes! The thought of JJ doing that taradactyl call of his! LOL!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 05:01 pm
@Arella Mae,
I bet that Jingle Bells is popular in their community !

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 08:26 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Yikes! The thought of JJ doing that taradactyl call of his! LOL!
I hope that Santa will be very good to JJ and his pals!

I 'm sure that thay r on his GOOD list.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh no doubt! They have lots of treats in their stockings.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:36 pm

HOORAY!!!!!
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 10:15 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Friday, my paso fino mare arrived. Today, she is in labor. I am a nervous wreck. She is up and down and up and down. I can see her having contractions but my trainer said as long as she is laying down to stay away from her and let nature take its course.

I am still pretty new to a lot of stuff about horses and this is a first for me. I am so excited I can barely stand it. I go from nearly bursting from excitement to thoughts of what if the neglect she suffered has affected her or the foal?

She seems to be fine and Hank, our gelding, is right out there by her side. He is sticking to her like glue. It's really sweet to see him be concerned for her. Johnny came home from lunch and brought me batteries for my camera because wouldn't you know it, the ones I had were dead.

He is going to bring home some iodine to put on the spot where the umbilical cord was attached, because that is a spot that can get infected.

I know I am rambling but I'm nervous, excited, and a bit scared.

My son's father in law breeds and exports those horse from Puerto Rico... What his daughter is doing with the son of white trash me I can't figure...
Isn't it funny how those horses bond
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 06:38 pm
@Fido,
The dynamics of a herd, small or large, of horses is soooooooooooo interesting!

I promised y'all I would post pics of Little Miss Joy's latest training session. I am so happy! I saw these pictures and I cried! She is turning into the most beautiful little mare and she is doing so well in her training. Dave said he's going to ride her this week. If Anna's video camera, along with her luggage, ever shows up, she'll video it and I'll share it. Here is a picture of Joy and Lulu shortly after they were rescued. Don't know if I ever showed that to y'all. Joy was only a few weeks pregnant. Thank God she was only a few weeks pregnant because she wasn't being abused that long as to harm her baby.

When Dave trains a horse, as you can see, he trains it so you can get on and off on either side.

Dave said she has not even tried to buck! I am soooooooooooooo thrilled! Pam, the lady that actually rescued Joy and Lulu is going to get the first ride on her after Dave. She deserves it!

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6393/joyandlulu.jpg

Here's my baby, Little Miss Joy:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7290/joyheadshot.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5498/joywithsaddle.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2620/daveonjoy.jpg