I Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Angry!

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 04:51 pm
I was outside feeding the horses when some IDIOTS from over at my husband's nephew's house came flying by the horses on a four-wheeler! The horses and JJ were scared to death and started running and, of course, I was right in the middle of it. The horses started running toward the fences trying to get out. JJ is scared to death and I have never seen Mac buck like that. I got so angry, mostly because I was so scared from nearly getting trampled, I jumped in my truck and floored it and went over there and told him to get that four wheeler away from my horses because they were running them into the fence. I floored the truck again and came back home. It took a bit of doing but I got the horses and JJ calm enough to come and eat.

I called Johnny and told him he better stop by there before he comes home because I have had enough. I've had enough of them not giving a spit about my animals!

I just needed to get this off my chest.

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:01 pm
@Arella Mae,
How young are the idiots involved in the jerkish crime?
djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
i imagine that David is on his way, packin' heat, to avenge his buddy JJ Razz

but seriously, people can be jerks
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
The mother idiot is in her late twenties and I don't know about the kids but Joe knows better. We have talked to him about this before. I guess I was so mad because I could have been killed and my animals could have been torn up in that fence. I've talked to Joe about this and so has Johnny. That four wheeler is not supposed to be anywhere near our pasture. This is not a matter of we just don't want someone doing something, it's a matter of either one of us or the animals are going to get hurt badly.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:06 pm
@djjd62,
To be honest with you, my first thought was grabbing my .357 and taking it over there. I was that scared and that angry. But, thank God, I just abused my truck to get over there. I am still shaking! I don't remember ever being this angry.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
Threaten the punks. If it happens again, you will let the afflicted horse or horses EACH get a chance to kick the offenders in the groincentric region.
djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Shocked
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Johnny is stopping by Joe's on his way home from work. He knows how upset I am and believe me, he will put the fear of God into Joe this time. I could have been killed! I sure do wish I had a picture of Mac when he threw that buck. I swear he did a handstand on his front legs. I just don't get how people can have so little common sense.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:21 pm
@Arella Mae,
Some people have no sense when it comes to how to behave - let alone treating animals with respect.

Infuriating.
jespah

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Exactly. Any of you could have been hurt; glad that didn't happen at least.
Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 06:04 pm
@jespah,
Me too.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 06:25 pm
Johnny got home a few minutes ago. Joe still has all that company so he's waiting until they leave to go talk to him. He asked me if they were there when I went over there and I said I was so blinded by fear and anger I only saw Joe standing there.

I went and checked on all the horses and JJ. JJ broke his hind hoof. He isn't limping or anything but I will get the vet out to look at it. It's a pretty good size break. Lil Man has some scratches from the fence but nothing deep. Mac's coat is dried stiff because he was sweating so much running like that. Lulu won't let me near her right now but she seems to be okay.

I just want Joe to understand someone could get seriously hurt - human and/or animal. He just doesn't get it.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 06:30 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I went and checked on all the horses and JJ. JJ broke his hind hoof. He isn't limping or anything but I will get the vet out to look at it.

maybe Johnny can let them know they've got a vet bill they're going to need to cover for you
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Good point! He doesn't seem to be hurting but that hoof is going to have to be trimmed or he'll catch it on something. I do not envy the person that is going to have to do it either.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 09:24 pm
Joe will be putting up signs on the property so that no one will veer anywhere near the pasture again with that four-wheeler. He told Johnny he should have done it before. Johnny said I really scared Joe. LOL. I imagine I did. I was really out of control by the time I got over there. Johnny said Joe understood and things will be okay but I will wait and see.
Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:26 am
@Arella Mae,
You need a sign to know that riding that vehicle near animals is unwise? Okay. I'm hoping JJ is ok.
dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:43 am
@Arella Mae,
What's a four wheeler?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 01:20 am
@dlowan,
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QseH-QYr-Kk/R1Ga-gDPFsI/AAAAAAAAIr4/B6YrPSuGlJY/s1600-R/4WHEELER.jpg
Something on the lines as this Bunny.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:09 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

You need a sign to know that riding that vehicle near animals is unwise? Okay. I'm hoping JJ is ok.

I know Miss Roberta. It floors me people just do not stop and think when it comes to things like this. I am sore today. I pulled the muscle in my calf just a touch but other than that I am fine. JJ seems to be fine but I have to get that hoof trimmed somehow.

Pam, her husband, and I went riding once. A group of four wheelers came up behind us and the horses got upset. Mac was the worst but he didn't try to bolt. Just a lot of nervous stepping and head throwing. I had to scream at those guys on the four wheelers to stop revving the engines so we could get our horses calmed down and under control.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:16 am
@Arella Mae,
Does your county have any laws about limits on 4-wheelers or other vehicles riding on private property? Might be worth researching.

Glad you and the horses survived. I hate animal abusers.

BBB
0 Replies