I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 08:23 pm
Okay, Little Miss Joy, the expectant mother, is back to laying in the spot she has picked to have the baby. I wish I had thought to get pics of her earlier! I saw the baby moving earlier today. You could see very sharp bumps in her and that was amazing. I didn't even think to take the camera out there! I tell ya, I'm a wreck.

I am so praying there will be a baby there in the morning. It's too dark now to see anything but it is perfect weather out there so it won't be really hot. Hank is right by her side. He hasn't left her all day so I know she is going to have his moral support.

I promise to get lots of pics the minute I know that baby is here! OH! Don't know if I told y'all or not, because I'm really rattlebrained right now, but Pam, the lady Little Miss Joy came from, came over today. She gave me (free!) Little Miss Joy's two year old stu7d colt! He was in pretty bad shape when Pam got him so he's kind of small but he is gaining weight and the vet said there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage from the neglect except that he is going to be smaller than he should be. So, I'll have two of Little Miss Joy's babies! He is over at Todd's and he is going to bring him here tomorrow. So either way, I'll have a baby of Miss Joy's by tomorrow! LOL

Thank all of you so much for your support. I really have been a wreck about this. It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

The vet is still on standby and he can come at a moment's notice he said.
jespah

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 03:48 am
@Arella Mae,
Are we aunts and uncles yet?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:49 am
I was so sure there would be a baby when I looked out this morning but no. She is doing the up and down thing again and that baby is moving in her. I am having the vet come check her out. I don't know squat about pregnant horses and I think the best thing to do is get someone out here that really knows what is going on. She doesn't seem to be in any distress so that is good. The vet is going to be here around 5:00 and check her out.

Someone mentioned coming up with some names for the baby? I would love that. If it is a filly, I do have a name picked out, Little Joy. My best friend, Joy, has lupus and is in a wheelchair. She shares my love of animals and I really want to name the baby after her. How in the heck I'm going to get the name Joy in there if it is a boy I have no idea. So, maybe y'all can help me come up with something?

I will let y'all know the minute I know anything. I'm calmer today anyway. LOL
jespah

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 02:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
Joey?
Joey Joy?
James Joyce?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 02:45 pm
@jespah,
Joy Boy or Joyboy?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 02:50 pm
Joy's Cajun Boy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 05:36 pm
Okay, here's the vet report. She is definitely pregnant and definitely close to giving birth. But close may be a month. He said that what I thought were contractions were her actually trying to get comfortable while the baby was rearranging itself. So, dummy me, I get all worked up and involved y'all and thought we were gonna get to celebrate a baby right away. He said that she is in good health and doesn't think she will have a problem deliverying. Since we don't know exactly when she was bred he can't really give me a more exact time.

But, her two year old filly colt did arrive this afternoon, so, in a sense, we got a baby! I will take a picture of her tomorrow after she calms down a bit. She is still in kind of rough shape but she is a lot better than when I first saw her. She's about the same color as her mom. She's really kind of scared right now learning her new surroundings.

Okay, as for the name's, I love Joy's Cajun Boy! That is perfect since we are in Louisiana.

I apologize for getting everyone so excited. We will have a baby, just not exactly sure when. The vet did say, the minute you think it won't be here, you'll wake up in the morning and the foal will be out there. Geesh!
Embarrassed
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 05:59 pm
@Arella Mae,
I'm still excited.

Now you've really got a chance to take some good pix of your new family members as they arrive.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:02 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm still excited too. Also like Joy's Cajun Boy.

Hmmm, Cajun Joy..
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:37 pm
I'm glad you are still excited because I am too. It was so funny. I went out to call Hank and Little Miss Joy to come and eat. This was before I knew the new colt was here. I was taking a nap and I guess Todd just put her in the pasture and left. Hank came running as usual but Little Miss Joy didn't. Well, I thought hmmmmm. Then both she and her two year old came up and I started laughing. Hubby just got home and said, wow, she had a big baby! LOL

Anyway, here is a pic of the two year old, who, by the way needs a name so I could use some help with that?

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5411/hpim1858.th.jpg

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 07:53 pm
@Arella Mae,
I like the fact that the two-year old is going to have a little period of time being your baby girl. It sounds like she could do with some loving-up.

~~~

I'm going all over the place with the naming protocol. Having Joy in all of the girl's names might be nice. Lulu/Loula to hint at Louisiana?

I'd end up with some crazy long name if I was left to it. Joy's Loula Mae.

Joy's Louisiana Maiden. Lulu for her call name.

Give me time - I could make a longer and longer and less connected to anything name if I kept at it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 09:07 pm
Hmmm, I kind of like Lulu. My friend Joy was thinking Mocha but it just doesn't strike me right. But Lulu. I like that! She's a sweetie really. She's scared from the neglect she suffered but she'll calm down once she realizes she is safe and will be well cared for. Hank is in heaven. He may be a gelding but I think he thinks he has his own harem now. LOL

Here is a recent picture of Hank and Indy. Indy is the paint.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5779/hpim1805.th.jpg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 02:08 am
A girl?????

Joy's Mint Julip (virgin)
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 06:19 am
Baby? is there a baby in here ? Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 11:24 am
Joy's Mint Julip! Oh I do like that! And, since the momma is Little Miss Joy, Little Joy would be kind of redundant. No baby yet. But Little Miss Joy and Miss Lulu (I love that name!) are out there with Hank, the harem keeper and all seem happy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:30 pm
It's spelled "julep."
Sglass

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:16 pm
@Eva,
Thank you Eva, I stand corrected. i checked the dictionay and its well-docu"minted".
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 05:31 pm
Oops! I'm from the south. You'd think I would have caught that! Geesh!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 08:36 pm
You guys are so funny!
(Like it would make any difference to the horse!)
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 09:18 pm
@Eva,
Hey! Horses are pretty smart ya know? So it might make a difference. hehehe Wink Lulu really fits the little filly out there. I took a bucket of feed out in the pasture and she and her momma came up to me and I was actually able to pet Lulu a bit tonight. She is very afraid of humans. She suffered the worse abuse of the two but I think with patience and love she is going to be just fine.
0 Replies