I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 07:25 pm
I am so happy and so jealous all at the same time. Johnny had his first riding lesson today. HE GOT TO RIDE DOC! I never got to ride Doc.Crying or Very sad Do you remember that big horse of Dave's that his girlfriend, Anna, rode? Johnny is so excited about riding now. Gotta hand it to Dave. It was brilliant putting Johnny on that huge horse! He got through the lesson just fine and had a blast and gained some confidence. I'm going to get to ride with my hubby yet!

Oh and Anna made me a t-shirt with JJ on it! She had shirts made for Dave's business, Collins Natural Horsemanship, and my darling mule is on some of them!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
Johnny is your husband ?

What breed is Doc ?
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:17 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, Johnny is my husband. I think Doc is an American Saddlebred but I'm not sure. Here is a pic of him.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3407/doc.jpg

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Yes, Johnny is my husband. I think Doc is an American Saddlebred but I'm not sure. Here is a pic of him.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3407/doc.jpg

He 's beautiful! I see that he likes watermelon! He has good taste.

Do all of the horses get along well ?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:07 pm
Dave probably has at least 30 horses at his place. Some his and some horses he is training for others. They have minor squabbles but get along really well for the most part.
Diane

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 05:55 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae, I'm in love with JJ. I was watching some of the yotube videos and laughed all the way through Mamma Catch Me (sorry, can't remember the exact title).

Dys always swore by mules over horses. He says they are smart, strong and can go all day and not tire as quickly as horses, although one of my cousins would argue that his Arabian could outlast just about anything.

Anyway, loving your pics and looking forward to more.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:25 am
@Diane,
Why thank you Miss Diane. JJ seems to have something people just love. He has never met someone he doesn't like, that's for sure. If the weather holds out, Dave, my trainer, is going to come over and get a halter on JJ this weekend. He is training a 3 year old (I think she is 3) mule and he keeps telling me, "Rusty, get a halter on JJ now!" I watched Dave training with the mule. I've watched Dave with horses and I have never seen him drug around the round pen like Ruth the mule does. It was actually comical but Dave is learning to have great respect for mules. I did have a lead halter on JJ one time. I was just standing there with it and slipped it on him. Everything was fine until I tried to get him to follow me. That little guy took to a bucking and a running. Wish I'd had the videocamera with me. I'm afraid I'll spook him too much trying to halter him again so that's why I'm having Dave do it.

I am going to have to get some new pics and video on here. JJ is almost 6 months old and he is getting big. He is one little stinker though. He knows at any time all he has to do is make a noise and the rest of the horses come to see if he's okay. He does that when he wants to play. Once they come running he takes off across the pasture and they all follow him.
Diane

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:05 am
@Arella Mae,
My uncle had a gorgeous Arabian named Sheik. Sheik's two favorite things were playing frisbee (or interrupting and ongoing game.
The second favorite thing was stealing wallets from a man's back pocket.

One of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen was of Sheik streaking across the field, followed by all the mares. Manes and tails flying through the rushing wind.

The world was his oyster an he knew it.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 12:33 pm
@Diane,
Horses are truly amazing. The more I watch them the more I learn about them. My favorite thing is to sit and watch them running through the pasture. Their hooves pounding the ground, heads held high and tails and manes flying in the wind. Such strength and such freedom. Then there is that side of them like Sheik. I am thoroughly convinced they have a sense of humor. Johnny's horse, Hank, loves to steal Johnny's ball cap from his head. JJ likes to sneak up and nip Johnny in the butt so Johnny can "scratch him down" as Johnny calls it.

I'm hoping my trainer is gonna get here this weekend and try to halter JJ. I definitely will get video. JJ is one stout little mule. He's almost six months old but he is such a big boy.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 07:21 pm
Can you believe it? JJ is six months old today. We waited, and waited, and waited, and waited...........................finally he arrived. Now time is flying by. I was up watering the horses this morning and JJ was kicking up his heels. Fortunately, I had my camera in my purse in the truck and caught a few clips of him. I have put in a request to the hubby to get me a real camcorder! JJ is getting so big but his heart seems to be growing too. He has such a sweet disposition. He loves to play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zreXvSTF6tc
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 09:59 am
@Arella Mae,
I LOVED your video of JJ & mom.
He looks very healthy !!!

I hope u had a nice party for him.
Please give JJ a hug from me (but be careful of his teeth).

David
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 10:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh he's healthy all right! Little stinker. He learned how to take food out of our hands a few weeks ago. Before that, it had to be something you can actually stick in his mouth. Those teeth can crush a hand that is for sure. But JJ has never really tried to bite anyone, not even the other horses. He just nips at them like he did with Mac in that video. He was in a particularly frisky mood yesterday. It's been a bit cooler and that may be why. Oh I will hug him for you. I hug JJ every opportunity I get. Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:55 pm
@Arella Mae,
Thank u, Arella.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 04:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My pleasure. I am kind of like a mom I guess. I love to show off my babies. I seriously need a good camcorder though.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 01:40 am
@Arella Mae,
Your videos r good!

David
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 02:25 am
Loved every minute of that, Arella Mae. Every second. What a beauty and a cutie.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 06:47 am
@Roberta,
Thank you, Miss Roberta. I am going to have to consider a career for JJ it seems. He is quite the actor. I was riding Big Mac last night. We were walking outside the fenceline. JJ came running up to the fence and started limping badly. He would then buck and limp some more. He was really upset. Mac got really upset and I had a hard time holding him. He was so upset about JJ being hurt he wanted to get into the pasture to check on him. So, I got off Mac and put him back in the pasture and he took off running to find JJ. JJ was faking it! There was not a thing wrong with him. He just wanted Mac back in the pasture I guess.
Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 07:33 am
@Arella Mae,
Actor or spoiled brat/manipulator? Any way you slice it, that's one cutie pie mule.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 09:34 am
@Arella Mae,
Who is JJ voting for in today 's primary elections ?
WHO has his endorsement ?

David
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 12:32 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Actor or spoiled brat/manipulator? Any way you slice it, that's one cutie pie mule.
He is all of the above! I was so scared he was hurt, then I was mad he wasn't hurt, and then I just laughed.
0 Replies