I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 01:59 pm
@ehBeth,
ooh ooh
when he came right at you ...

ooooh
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:03 pm
the clips of Dave at work are interesting

thanks for posting them
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 02:33 pm

Wow, JJ loves to give his mom a lot of exercise!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 03:29 pm
@ehBeth,
I loved when he picked up JJ and put him somewhere else.

Brought home how tiny that mule is even though he's got a giant personality.

I feel bad for mama Joy, she's very doting and he seems to be driving her to distraction. Hopefully she'll learn that he's OK if she lets him get more than 20 feet away from her soon.
jespah

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:07 pm
@sozobe,
Omigod she's a helicopter parent!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:10 pm
Wonderful! He sure is giving Mom a workout.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:38 pm
Wonderful.. thank you for the videos.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 05:21 pm
Oh, so happy for you Arella. Colts are too precious, and so much fun. I had an Arabian mare who was still running like that when she was 6. Do you watch RFD TV?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 05:40 pm
Thank all of you for the compliments on my little guy. Big Mac will be home this weekend. I'm going to video that meeting. I am sure Mac will take over some of the chasing JJ because Mac loves to run and play. I feel so sorry for Joy. She just doesn't seem to want to let him run without her. She is a wonderful mom.

JJ is a BIG HAM! He will come up to me while I am taking pics or videoing. He has personality out the ears for sure. He is one whole week old today!
The pups went out into the pasture with me today and Joy nor JJ seemed to mind them being there. He doesn't seem to spook at anything.

I was more afraid of Joy running me down in that video than I was JJ. JJ can cut away from me in a split second but Joy has a bit more weight behind her and I wasn't sure she was going to cut away. Poor little pup. I stepped on its tail taking a step back but he's okay.

Here's a pic of the birthday boy! I told you he was a ham! He walked up to me. I didn't need to zoom at all. LOL

Oh! And I love RFD TV! I watch it alot. I will definitely be catching all the mule shows from now on.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4817/march19oneweekoldtoday0.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 08:19 pm
Okay I am officially miffed! I guess you can't use any music on youtube unless you are the one doing the singing and trust me, ya don't want to hear me!

I put a little picture presentation of this past week of JJ's life on youtube. Would be better with music though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n27sjRZOXcU
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 08:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
I don't pay a lot of attention, as I don't create vids, but I think mostly it is in the disclaimer. except for buttholes like Prince and Garth.

love the mule...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 09:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Okay I am officially miffed! I guess you can't use any music on youtube unless you are the one doing the singing and trust me, ya don't want to hear me!

I put a little picture presentation of this past week of JJ's life on youtube. Would be better with music though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n27sjRZOXcU

Those r just BEAUTIFUL, beautiful pictures!!!
JJ is terrific!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JJ!!!!!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 09:49 pm

How much does JJ weigh ?
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 09:10 am
@Rockhead,
ROFL! So I could use Prince songs or Garth Brooks' songs? Sheesh! I think I will have my husband record some of his singing and I'll use that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 09:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I haven't actually weighed him. Dave said the first day he was out here JJ didn't weigh much over twenty pounds and he's gained at least that this past week. I'd say between 40-50 pounds.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 10:09 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I haven't actually weighed him. Dave said the first day he was out here JJ didn't weigh much over twenty pounds and he's gained at least that this past week. I'd say between 40-50 pounds.
When we first saw him, he was wobbling to stand up,
and now we see how he is running, faster than his mom!!!
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
My husband made that same comment. I know Joy can run faster than that because I have seen her do it. She's actually loping and not running or galloping. So, I'm thinking she knows exactly what she is doing. She is letting JJ win his little game of catch me if you can. Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 02:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
My husband made that same comment. I know Joy can run faster than that because I have seen her do it. She's actually loping and not running or galloping. So, I'm thinking she knows exactly what she is doing. She is letting JJ win his little game of catch me if you can. Wink
O, she is such an affectionate mother! She just wants to follow her boy.
He can run so fast and so much, in only a week.
I coudn 't even stand up, when I was a week old.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 04:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I know what you mean. Just thinking he is only a week old and he's out there doing the things his mom and the other horses do already! What a real joy this little guy is. He is getting a taste of his first rain right now. They can get into the shed but are choosing to just stand in the rain. At least it's not too cold.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 01:30 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I know what you mean. Just thinking he is only a week old and he's out there doing the things his mom and the other horses do already! What a real joy this little guy is. He is getting a taste of his first rain right now. They can get into the shed but are choosing to just stand in the rain. At least it's not too cold.
Does Joy or Mac ever go into the shed when it rains?