I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:04 pm
@CowDoc,
CAn you "rubber band" a horses boys to geld him? QWe use these on ram lambs and after a bit of discomfort they seem ok.

"john mule" I like that better than "jack" it sounds more formal.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:22 pm
I wanted to video the vet being here giving JJ his tetnus shot today but the vet came this morning while I was at work. But I did get some cute little clips after I got home. My trainer, Dave, came over to help me catch Miss Joy so we could get our hands on JJ. What a chore that was! He just wanted to play!

Dr. Odom says I have one fine healthy beautiful mule on my hands! He said he is in perfect health and so is his mother.

Here is one clip and you can see the others to the right like always on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBF4OtERSM

In a couple of the clips you can really see just how beautiful JJ's colors and markings are. Yes, I know. I am biased but I love this little guy!
Laughing
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:29 pm
@Arella Mae,
I am enjoying your videos so much. Thanks Arella Mae.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
Its interesting how thay instinctively know to stand up n walk,
as soon as thay r born. I wonder whether a human woud
instinctively walk without assistance when that becomes possible ?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:46 pm
I am glad you like them Tai. I promise to get better at taking them. LOL I will probably drive all of you nuts with the exploits of my little guy. I am just so very happy with him. He is such a little beauty and he already knows his name! I am going to order some DVDs that will show me how to teach him tricks.

David, I am amazed that he is only five days old and look at him!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I wanted to video the vet being here giving JJ his tetnus shot today but the vet came this morning while I was at work. But I did get some cute little clips after I got home. My trainer, Dave, came over to help me catch Miss Joy so we could get our hands on JJ. What a chore that was! He just wanted to play!

Dr. Odom says I have one fine healthy beautiful mule on my hands! He said he is in perfect health and so is his mother.

Here is one clip and you can see the others to the right like always on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBF4OtERSM

In a couple of the clips you can really see just how beautiful JJ's colors and markings are. Yes, I know. I am biased but I love this little guy!
Laughing
U can HEAR cute little JJ vocalizing on the video.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 07:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The only one I have heard is Joy grunting. LOL I haven't heard JJ make any real noises et but I might have missed it. I'm waiting for that first real mule whatever they call it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
verra cool.

he's got smart eyes...
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:03 pm
@Rockhead,
They say mules are very smart creatures. JJ knows his name already and it's obvious he knows how to play games.

I wanted to ask, I don't know, it might be me, but does his face look a bit less wrong and a bit more sleek like a horse? Am I seeing things?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:07 pm
@Arella Mae,
he looks 'bout right to me.

I'd call him Candlewick...

(but he ain't mine to feed)
jespah

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:15 am
@Rockhead,
Oh he's gorgeous. And I love the grunting on the videos.

I haven't ridden in, eek, a good 10 years or so. Makes me wanna.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:22 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
They say mules are very smart creatures. JJ knows his name already and it's obvious he knows how to play games.

I wanted to ask, I don't know, it might be me, but does his face look a bit less wrong and a bit more sleek like a horse? Am I seeing things?

It DOES!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:00 pm
I found a program that allows me to put video clips together and even add music so here is my first try! That little JJ is a ham! He kept running at me and the camera. One time, as you will see, I thought he was gonna run right into me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cxi47gWQpA&feature=channel
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:37 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I found a program that allows me to put video clips together and even add music so here is my first try! That little JJ is a ham! He kept running at me and the camera. One time, as you will see, I thought he was gonna run right into me.

The video did not play.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
youtube swiped your song for copyrite violations.

they are real sticky on the rules anymore...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:42 pm
What fun! He is just adorable, Arella!

"JJ" is a great name, too. For "Joy's John"...maybe?

(Jewel/s just sounds too feminine for this big boy, I think. But you know best.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 05:48 am
When I put the video on there it wasn't quite done processing. It is there this morning and playing for me so I guess it's okay.

Okay this is strange. If I sign into youtube the video is there and will play. But if I signout and do a search for horselady11000 the video doesn't show up? I'll take the music off and reupload it. Rats!
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 06:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Okay reuploading now. It takes awhile to do through Picasa so it'll get there eventually. I'll leave my computer on and let it upload while I am at work so if you want to see it you can search horselady11000 and I'll put the link up later this morning.

I had Crazy Little Thing Called Love playing with it and it was just perfect. Oh well!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 01:53 pm
Thanx Jespah! I think he's a little doll. There is nothing like horseback riding as far as I am concerned. It would be great if you could get some riding in.

I got the video uploaded but I like it better with music. Anyway, I guess I'll have to get my husband to sing and I'll record that and then maybe I won't be infringing. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4orDbmzHNRA

If I'm signed into my youtube account I can play the video that has the song attached. I thought they'd just take it off there but at least I can see it with music. It must be hard to put music on videos now? Aren't most copyrighted?

Miss Eva, I am still calling him Joy's Jewel for paperwork purposes. I really like that name and he is, indeed, a jewel as far as I'm concerned. So maybe when he's gelded the name will go better with him. heheheh

JJ is one week old today!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 01:57 pm
@Arella Mae,
Gorgeous gorgeous! his legs are soooooooo long

Congratulations again, Arella Mae.