I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:26 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
From the reading I have been doing they sure are sure footed.
Another good thing about them is they don't spook like horses do.
So, I really feel blessed with this little guy.

U r so LUCKY!!!
CONGRATULATIONS !
He was worth waiting for!

David
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah, he is worth all of it. I am finally getting decent sleep too!
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:33 pm
@Arella Mae,
Thanx for the congrats, David!!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:36 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Thanx for the congrats, David!!
May the BEAUTY in your life be exceeded only by your JOY!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:37 pm

That applies to little JJ, too!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
So, I really feel blessed with this little guy.
so you wouldnt consider selling him. Id love a mule.

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 08:08 pm
@farmerman,
Nah, he's a keeper. I plan on teaching him all kinds of tricks and things. I don't think I could part him.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 08:48 pm
Question I kind of get the feeling there is a glitch somewhere. Either that or I am totally missing how this relates to mules. Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:08 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Question I kind of get the feeling there is a glitch somewhere.
Either that or I am totally missing how this relates to mules. Laughing

It looks like some spam has been deposited on the website.
U can push the downward thumb on the high left to make it disappear.
I 'm gonna do that.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:16 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Here is a cute little picture of JJ. My friend, Anna, has picturess on facebook so I snuck it from there. It's gorgeous today so I'm hoping for some nice pictures when I get off work.

Doesn't he just look soooooooooo comfy?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/928/sleepybaby.jpg
Does JJ lie down, to sleep?
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:17 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
No, hes a student of "Hinny Yoga"
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
No, hes a student of "Hinny Yoga"
I 've heard that horses sleep standing up.
Is that incorrect?
I lack information on mules.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 07:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
JJ lays down flat and/or lays with his head up when I've caught him snoozing. Horses can sleep standing up that I know. A horse can't lay down for more than an hour or so but I'd be hard pressed to explain why. I think it has to do with keeping their system moving or something.

It was really hard to leave to come to work this morning. JJ was already out there bouncing around just having a blast. His poor momma. She is gonna lose all that pregnancy weight really fast trying to keep up with JJ.

Yesterday, I wanted to tell her (when I was recording) "why don't you just stand there? He's going in circles. He'll be right back."
Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 08:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

I 'm gonna do that.

David

David, please report spam rather than voting it down. Makes it far easier for the Mods to do our jobs. Thanks a bunch.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 08:13 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

I 'm gonna do that.
David

David, please report spam rather than voting it down.
Makes it far easier for the Mods to do our jobs. Thanks a bunch.
OK.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 07:03 pm
Congrats, at last! Don't worry about the testes - they are usually descended at birth, but then they disappear into the abdomen, only to return sometime around a year later. Technically, by the way, out here we refer to them as "John" mules, with the term "Jack" reserved for donkeys. Still awful tough to beat a mule for smart and tough, though. My only advice is to not spoil him. If they think they are boss, they are truly dangerous. I was gelding one in my back yard twenty-five years ago, and he decided he didn't want a needle in his neck. He proceeded to try to take off, and when his rather elderly owner held on to the halter rope, he planted a hind foot in the owner's ribs at least three or four times in less than a couple of seconds. The old boy really never recovered, and died of respiratory failure less than a year later. Teaching discipline can be a good thing.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 07:12 pm
@CowDoc,
I have been doing lots of reading on mules. I know you definitely have to discipline a horse and a mule probably even more so. CowDoc, he is so beautiful! I got home kind of late tonight so I couldn't get pics but he has the most beautiful colors and markings. I am soooooooooooo happy she had him!

Well, "they" haven't disappeared anywhere as of yet. You can definitely tell he's a boy. I know he's going to have to be gelded. When is that normally done? The vet is coming tomorrow to check him and his mom over and JJ is going to get a tetnus shot. I am going to have to get my trainer over here to help me get Joy tied up. My husband has to work until seven tomorrow and there is no way I can do it by myself. I can't wait to pet JJ again!

Tonight, I was sitting outside the fence just watching him and he'd wander over to me. Joy came with him and surprisingly, she let me touch him. But it was only for a second.

He has started nibbling on leaves it seems. He has really started nibbling on his mom! He goes up to her and nibbles her legs, tail, and stands up on his hind legs and nips her neck. He is a real feisty little guy!

I'll try to get some good pics tomorrow while his momma is tied up. Thanx for the congrats! I do have to say, all the nervousness and anxiety was well worth it for me!
CowDoc

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 09:45 pm
@Arella Mae,
You can geld him whenever the testes are down, but the earlier done, the more feminine the neck. I usually recommend any time after the testes descend, and the flies are out - usually from fourteen to seventeen months of age.
JPB

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:04 am
Congrats, AM. JJ is a doll. M and I watched your two videos last night. She's was a horse fanatic a few years ago and seeing your vids made her want to start riding again.

Enjoy your little guy. He's a treasure for sure.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 03:08 pm
Thanx for the info CowDoc. So much to learn! I still have a ton to learn about horses and now I need to learn about gaited mules. The vet is going to be coming over tonight to check momma and give JJ a tetnus shot. I'm gonna pet that little baby as much as possible. I am hoping to get a really good picture of him. I have yet been able to capture just how beautiful his markings are.

Will probably video him getting his first shot.

I know what ya mean JPB. I think riding stays in your blood!
0 Replies